What's new

Qaher F313 l News & Discussion

We are going to see this in blue sky soon enough !

Maybe you don't know anything about Iranian people ...

919470_452.jpg

Air_LCA-Tejas_LSP-01_Test_Flight_lg.jpg

Just for comparison ...
The difference here is that the Tejas is a real working fighter, making its way into the Indian air force.

The Qaher is still, for all intent and purposes, a paper plane. That's not an insult, even the Tejas and JF-17 were paper planes, before being ready to fly and carry weapons.

While I'm happy for Iran, if this is real, I remain skeptical.

However, if this was turned into a drone, used for close air support, and surveillance, it wouldn't be surprising. Iran has a LOT of experience with drone tech, a such a conversion would probably be fairly easy (and beneficial) for Iran.

First of all this is a prototype and changes will come in due order. This version prototype is probably not flyable it is merely to test subsystems, power systems, engine, landing components.

One just needs to look at F-22's prototype program the YF-22 program.

1200px-YF-22.jpg

Look at intake size

Look at subsquent version

latest

Look at another version

yf-22-01_300.jpg

f_22_and_yf_23_by_cmilonez-d4lhjef.jpg

So those looking to find the final design at this stage is pure folly. The DM said a flyable model will happen next year (?). So that means after it starts flying several adjustments will be made to body. For example, the bent wings could be less dramatic. The front wings could be bigger. The engine area could be modified. Many things can happen.

It's too early to judge at this point. Let's give it time.

Can you stop pretending you know what you are talking about?

We cant even see the inside of the intake but one thing is plainly obvious, and that is that the intakes are much further spaced then the engines meaning there has to be some 'diverter' or control of boundary layer. Even if it had no intake tunnel able to divert airflow it could just use an intake ramp. There is two problems, one as I said dart, we can't see inside the intake so there is no way of knowing anything at this point, even if we could see inside it would be speculation based on known aerodynamic laws.

Again you don't know what you are talking about. Short wings give an aircraft excellent role rate which is very important in maneuvering.

That "bizzare"shape is also an anhedral design that reduces stability and increases maneuvering.

View attachment 390801

You mentioned the aircraft not being supersonic and you also mentioned the wings. The wings on this aircraft are relatively short which generally allows for higher speeds. This was one of the factors that gave aircraft such as F-104 and Mig-21 excellent high speed performance.

View attachment 390800

In regards to the top mounted intakes, there is zero way you are qualified to speak on the matter and give a definite conclusion. Unless you have performed the complex aerodynamic calculations and ran the aircraft through wind tunnels. Have you?

Are you suggesting that the engines are joked of oxogen when the aircraft pulls up?

Interesting because LEREX create vortex airflow over the center fuselage/wings.

View attachment 390802
Nailed him!

I am not an expert but angled wings do not make sense. Theses L-shaped wings will rip the wing off if when it turns at high speed. While I wan to congratulate Iran, I think i'll be congratulating them for something which is not pratical.

Happy for you guys to have pulled it off this far. It really looked a hoax until few years ago.

ghaher.jpg
That shape is to avoid the turbulence caused by tip of the front canards. It is a very well thought design. And It will change the game in both naval and airborn warfare. It can flay at crazy low altitude due to its tandem wing design and stay out of radar detection until it is too late.

or as a propaganda tool...
Your propaganda just did a taxi test. Soon your propaganda will fly too. Now good night kid.

At least we do not drop our pants infront of others... :) like your beloved nuclear program... seems having tomatoes 6 times the average price make you drop it :)
Maybe because you don't have a pant to begin with.

In your face. first it was propaganda. Now it can't be supersonic? Nice step back from your original position. It will do all of that too. I'll be here to remind you.
This is what I wrote 4 years ago:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/ghaher-313-fighter.232805/page-63#post-3912660

Thats exactly the same I say now. Theoretically it can fly at about 500 km/h, but it wont be maneuverable. Whats the purpose of this thing except propaganda I really dont know. Maybe u can tell me?

Be sure to tag me the day you'll see it really landing and take off. It might never happen. It was really an embarrassment when the Q313 was revealed and that Iranian medias were showing an rc toy as a flying Q313 with ridiculous sounds effects.
That embarrassment is taxing now. It will fly too. Just be a man and apologize then.

This is what I wrote 4 years ago:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/ghaher-313-fighter.232805/page-63#post-3912660

Thats exactly the same I say now. Theoretically it can fly at about 500 km/h, but it wont be maneuverable. Whats the purpose of this thing except propaganda I really dont know. Maybe u can tell me?
Theoretically? Please share your calculations and analysis with the rest of the readers, we will learn something.

When pigs fly, Qaher F-313869485938 will fly. This pathetic test of a vehicle that has airplane-like body was just made to fool Iranians before elections and give them something to be satisfied with and proud of, though honestly there is nothing here to be proud of.
The only progress I see here is that they didn't use photoshop this time. well done.

It also lacks edge flaps (must have even on 3rd gen jets).
The Boeing Bird of prey which first demonstrated this canted wing configuration also didnt have leading edge flaps.
But hey,nice try,I`m sure you`ll keep on looking for something that will prove,to you at least,that this cant be an actual real practical aircraft of any sort.

Last edited:
As I said earlier I think eventually the intakes will be made larger and "drop down" like a traditional fighter jet.

Even in this early version, the intakes appear larger than the mock up,

A possibility I just thought of for the production version:

What if the downward bend for the wings is hydraluic operated and can switch positions?

Meaning it could move to a fixed wing position for high altitude flight at supersonic speed and also be able to switch to a "prey of bird" downward tip position for terrain hugging (air defense penetration), close air support, extreme maneuverability.

Could this be the final design intention? Iran's most extensive experience is with a plane that could change its wing configuration for certain aspects of flight (the F-14). I am wondering if that played a thinking into designing homemade fighter.

Feel free to share your thoughts.

lol...
Taxi a plane that it not in his final size... lol...

Well I hope that those who may know some basic knowledge on taxis of jets and such... will eventually see that joke... Ah propaganda as his best...

Actually if you bothered to do some basic research you`d have known that the americans did the exact same thing with the F117 prototype/tech demonstrator Have Blue,this was about half to two thirds the size of the actual production F117...so..yeah:p:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Have_Blue

Anyhoo,I can see that you and a few other posters in the thread must be feeling the burn:flame: rather badly right now,so you might want to try this on your poor smoking rectums:lol: as I hear it works wonders on that sort of thing:agree:
2yvw4eh.jpg

As I said earlier I think eventually the intakes will be made larger and "drop down" like a traditional fighter jet.

Even in this early version, the intakes appear larger than the mock up,

A possibility I just thought of for the production version:

What if the downward bend for the wings is hydraluic operated and can switch positions?

Meaning it could move to a fixed wing position for high altitude flight at supersonic speed and also be able to switch to a "prey of bird" downward tip position for terrain hugging (air defense penetration), close air support, extreme maneuverability.

Could this be the final design intention? Iran's most extensive experience is with a plane that could change its wing configuration for certain aspects of flight (the F-14). I am wondering if that played a thinking into designing homemade fighter.

Feel free to share your thoughts.
The downward bend of the back wings is to avoid the turbulence caused by front wing tips.

remember this is a tandem wing design. Not a canard and wing. Both front and back wings are almost the same size. This is one of the three designs that is used to utilize the ground effect.

That's where all this stipulations about its role as a low flying sea attack fighter comes from. To utilize the ground effect you need to fly within 1-2 times wing span altitude in this case lower than 10m which is only practical above sea level. The position of the intakes above the body is also to avoid the engines from sucking the water in.

There was very informative article about its design back in the days that everybody was laughing at it. I will try to find and post it here.

Initially when the first images came of the initial craft I was a bit skeptic (3-4 years back), it looked like a craft but from size and dimension prespective lot of people raised some questions, and some issues with the seating

919470_452.jpg

But this prototype certainly is a proper Medium size jet which happens to be a stealth craft
The twin engine at rear do look like F-5 level engines but the body does looks quite stealthy

Very deceptive from front looks smaller then what size the plane really is

The downward bend of the back wings is to avoid the turbulence caused by front wing tips.

remember this is a tandem wing design. Not a canard and wing. Both front and back wings are almost the same size. This is one of the three designs that is used to utilize the ground effect.

That's where all this stipulations about its role as a low flying sea attack fighter comes from. To utilize the ground effect you need to fly within 1-2 times wing span altitude in this case lower than 10m which is only practical above sea level. The position of the intakes above the body is also to avoid the engines from sucking the water in.

There was very informative article about its design back in the days that everybody was laughing at it. I will try to find and post it here.
Add this:
They are made at an angle, meaning they will deflect radar from the sides of the airplanes, the Front as well as the exhaust have stealth design incorporated into them too, everything about the airplane is to deflect radar, it is just amazing.. it will be nice to know its RCS one day..It is very low.. can anyone predict what that can be?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom