What's new

Qaher F313 l News & Discussion

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I did not realize that Dehghan said that, did he say that recently? That shows realism on their part which leads me to believe this is a credible project.

Again the words "Experimental 08" just reinforce my thoughts of early prototype testing. Now I wonder wether that means there is 8 F-313 prototype planes so far or this is "version 8" (ie with different subsystems added or configuration).

Either way the fact the FLIR is not hidden or built in at this points to early stages of subsystem testing potentially. Furthermore, the lack of radar absorbing coating (which Iran has said its working on) means this hasn't gone through extensive radar testing and coating application analysis.

Obviously politics and development success will play a big part in wether this project gets done on time.

If this project doesn't get or hasn't already have IRGC backing it will be tough for it to take off as substantial funding is needed for next phases.

The engines in development is a key factor in development cycle how soon they are ready and reliably tested.

Nonetheless Iran knows it has to act on its Airforce. By 2025 most of its planes will need to be grounded. With the Saeghe 1 &2 project being shelved....doesn't seem like Iran wants to extend its current F-5's much longer than that. Only the F-14 will be operationally capable till 2030-2035 along with some Russian aircraft.

While the arms embargo lifting will allow Iran to gain access to more modern fighter planes via Russia. Iran cannot build its entire airforce around Russia....that would be beyond strategically stupid and leave Iran vulnerable if ties to russia were to worsen or get strained. Iran obviously knows this.

China doesn't seem like a reliable strategic partner yet in iran's eyes and the Iranian military isn't very fond of Chinese Fighters.

Thus the logical path is self-sufficency along side Russian fighter jet purchases and potentially ToT and local production.

Yup, he said it in this interview shortly after the unveiling. Also i have to point out, Iranian media hypes the frack out of everything to the point that all the legitimate engineer and development work of Iranian industry is ruined. Here is the link to the interview:

Regardless, to address some of the concern @PeeD raised in regards to the structure, i would like to point out that if they are going through several iteration of prototypes with each iteration testing different features, then it makes sense to keep the frame cheap. Also could the minimum length of the engine and define the position the of the air intakes? If they are saving on the cost of the material and try to build a minimum viable product for prototype testing of specific features, that could impact the design of the air intake. That is a shortest path to air intake based on cost and size of engine could have lead to those air intake and their positions. @eagle2007 the optical turret may just be there for observation of components and improve pilots field of view during testing.

I did understand that, and said it was an impression like when you look at the Type-209 image I have posted..

Dahqan said it will fly in 2018..

Oh oh. My apologies then. Hopefully I didn't come off as rude lol sorry.

But yes your point is a very good one.

I am sorry, Iran but we all have seen, the famous 5th Gen fighter plan on icy mountain with photoshop. 5th Gen is not that easy as it looks. Please do not make fool your own people.
Put it this way, they will be flying a fifth gen indigenous aircraft long before you guys will, thanks to DRDO:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am sorry, Iran but we all have seen, the famous 5th Gen fighter plan on icy mountain with photoshop. 5th Gen is not that easy as it looks. Please do not make fool your own people.

We are going to see this in blue sky soon enough !

Maybe you don't know anything about Iranian people ...

919470_452.jpg

Air_LCA-Tejas_LSP-01_Test_Flight_lg.jpg

Just for comparison ...

The side view to be honest looks a bit like F16 and even teh spine area , just a hint of similarly better looking cannopy like F16 A/B almost a bubble cannopy

07.F-16a.jpg

But completely a local design once the plane is viwed from front

Very deceptive from font I could not tell how long the planereally is looking from front point of view
ghaher.jpg

The side view to be honest looks a bit like F16 and even teh spine area , just a hint of similarly better looking cannopy like F16 A/B almost a bubble cannopy

07.F-16a.jpg

But completely a local design once the plane is viwed from front

Very deceptive from font I could not tell how long the planereally is looking from front point of view
ghaher.jpg

F-16

upF16.jpg

EuroFighter

hmss1.jpg

I think F-313 has more space for the pilot !

Fair, I see where you're coming from. But aren't those wing flaps a bit too small? I'm almost certain they should be a little bit bigger no?
It also lacks edge flaps (must have even on 3rd gen jets).

At least we do not drop our pants infront of others... :) like your beloved nuclear program... seems having tomatoes 6 times the average price make you drop it :)
I am sorry for their
این تونسیه از همه شون باحالتره. اومده می نویسه من آنم که رستم بود پهلوان:omghaha:. آمریکا اله هست آمریکا بله هست. یکی بهش بگه خود تونس چه گوهیه؟ شما که اگه بخواین یه هواپیمای ملخی بخرین باید هزار مرتبه پاچه خواری آمریکا کنین
ایران مهندس زیاد داره. توانمند هم هستند. اما این رفتاری که داری که ملیت یه آدم رو مسخره میکنی. هر چند حمله بکنه، غیر از کینه چیزی درست نمیکنه. ماها تو همون منطقه با اطرافیانمون ارتباط برقرار کنیم و به همه احترام بذاریم. دید من به صنایع نظامی ایران دید مثبتی نیست. عموما تولید رو با واردات از چین خراب میکنن. مهندس های خوبی وجود دارند ولی استفاده ی درست حسابی نمیشه. به نظرم خیلی از چیزایی که نمایش میدن جنبه ی نمایشی داره که بد نیست ولی اعتماد بنفس اونقد بالا نباید بره. کار برا انجام زیاده.

At least we do not drop our pants infront of others... :) like your beloved nuclear program... seems having tomatoes 6 times the average price make you drop it :)

No need to be bothered with. I respect your country, and I hope, we could get to a more stable region. The only force that would do it for us is ourselves.

Guys ... ignore the african guy !
You don't understand how offensive you are talking.

Be sure to tag me the day you'll see it really landing and take off. It might never happen. It was really an embarrassment when the Q313 was revealed and that Iranian medias were showing an rc toy as a flying Q313 with ridiculous sounds effects.

Agreed. Mostly for propaganda purposes. However, it was for the time of nuclear negotiation, and it was necessary to use everything, even though I was embarrassed how stupid should they be. It was Ahmadinejad, and hopefully he'd never come back.

Much is said about the "small" intakes but they seem to appear near same-size to the F-5E, which makes sense for GE J85 powerplants. Why did they require a taxi test for a 60 year-old GE engine design using old factory cores? An engine stand would have sufficed.

It doesn't make sense designing an aircraft around a powerplant that's in severely restricted supply. Great lengths-- often illicit-- continue to be taken in acquiring cores for rebuild to "Owj specs." These are needed just to keep operational the remaining F-5 types.

Heavily bent wings on a fixed-winged aircraft often times signal an aerodynamic fix, as was the case with the F-4 development. Not sure if this is the case with the Qaher project as it has yet to fly.

And why put a FLIR and other doo-dads on a prototype that has yet to fly? Better to get the kinks out first, for such a radical aircraft design.

Light close air support role? A more intelligent course would have been to build a small force of Iranian-rendered Tucano aircraft. Far less development, easier parts acquisition, greater loiter time, etc. But it wouldn't have served the domestic audience with the same level of flash, I guess.

I'm a skeptic of this program.

I believe it has another duty, and if it flies, it will give people an inspiration to believe in themselves. I think it is an important factor for the next generation and even an encouragement to engineers. Of course, this is what I understand, I'm just a programmer. :)

Arab mentality... Stick to stomach... Brain!? Brain? What brain?

A silly question... Is air intake positioned on top pf fuselage to avoid water splashes to enter engines as Qaher-313 will be flying fast close to water (ground effect)??

Please don't talk like that! It's very rude to talk about Arabs like that. They are our neighbors, and we should learn to respect.

5E60C7DD-5F16-4BF7-BC02-3B88B6AA9BE9-1810-000003692342B65F.png

on every anti qaher comment

Very great achievement. I'm proud to live in a country like Iran :victory:

It cant be supersonic (no diverters or DSI).
It cant be maneuverable because of small bizarre shaped wings and inlets on top.
It cant carry weapons inside because its tiny.

They love doing strange things like mock up of aircraft carrier.

a2Fp37W.jpg
In your face. first it was propaganda. Now it can't be supersonic? Nice step back from your original position. It will do all of that too. I'll be here to remind you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom