What's new

Qaher F313 l News & Discussion

Admins should change Iran's Secetion Image to Qahere instead of Saegheh ...

The Boeing Bird of prey which first demonstrated this canted wing configuration also didnt have leading edge flaps.
But hey,nice try,I`m sure you`ll keep on looking for something that will prove,to you at least,that this cant be an actual real practical aircraft of any sort.
19gwmkibfw1xbjpg.jpg

If an American or European company made something like Qahere ( even as cgi ) then half of these hater would praise the designer and call it creative design and they would find 1345345 benefit for this design .......

Very fat WW2 style wings, no inlet diverters, no afterburner, no edge flaps... everything shows that thats subsonic plane..

Funny thing is that I've wrote about Bird of Prey 4 years ago as well:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/ghaher-313-fighter.232805/page-30#post-3877683

BTW the idea of Bird of Prey was that its totally canard and tailless but Qaher has both canards and tails.

Conspiracy boy strikes again :lol:

How do you know if the engines inside the F-313 has afterburners? And how can you see inside the intake to make that conclusion? There is also no such thing as "inlet diverters". There is, however a divertless supersonic inlet (DSI).

Methods of controlling airflow:

-S-duct
-DSI
-Inlet cone
-Intake ramp

We can't see inside the intake but the F-313 almost certainly has some S-duct shaping.

And some aircraft have nothing.

Example:

IMG_3229.JPG

Interesting how you claim that the F-313 will only have a top speed of about 500km/h because you claim there is nothing controlling airflow into the engine, the wings are too thick and there is no afterburners yet that airliner has all of those and achieves a top speed of:

: 945km/h

Your fanboy guesstimates are a joke.

length of Q313 is estimated to be around 16 meter, bigger than F35.
Actually looking at the size of other aircraft compared to this I estimate the size of this taxiing version to be about 12-13 metres. It is not big enough for an internal weapons bay. The radome needs to be bigger too.

Actually looking at the size of other aircraft compared to this I estimate the size of this taxiing version to be about 12-13 metres. It is not big enough for an internal weapons bay. The radome needs to be bigger too.
I saw one English analysis and one Persian both mentioning 16 meters.

http://www.yjc.ir/fa/news/5657737/جنگنده-ایرانی-قاهر-313-رویایی-که-به-واقعیت-تبدیل-شد-تصاویر
http://www.defenceaviation.com/2013/02/iranian-stealth-fighter-qaher-f-313-revealed.html

Last edited:
a WW2 style very fat wings:
300px-USAF_X32B_250.jpg

You always have been a bad troll, I don't know why they even pay you!
You seriously compare these two?

if7O5uD.jpg

Conspiracy boy strikes again :lol:

How do you know if the engines inside the F-313 has afterburners? And how can you see inside the intake to make that conclusion? There is also no such thing as "inlet diverters". There is, however a divertless supersonic inlet (DSI).

Methods of controlling airflow:

-S-duct
-DSI
-Inlet cone
-Intake ramp

We can't see inside the intake but the F-313 almost certainly has some S-duct shaping.

And some aircraft have nothing.

Example:

View attachment 391025

Interesting how you claim that the F-313 will only have a top speed of about 500km/h because you claim there is nothing controlling airflow into the engine, the wings are too thick and there is no afterburners yet that airliner has all of those and achieves a top speed of:

: 945km/h

Your fanboy guesstimates are a joke.
At least u dont insist anymore its supersonic. You are making some progress. :lol:

Check your airliner's wings:

LANmount.jpg

It also has full length edge flaps. And compare it to Qaher:

ptTwplu.jpg

Last edited:
right, designers forgot if it's too small they can't fit the radar or missiles!
length of Q313 is estimated to be around 16 meter, bigger than F35.

though we can always change the design and some members already claim that the final interceptor version would be bigger, but I believe its size is fine, this is how this plane has been designed to fit in our asymmetric warfare doctrine.

Kiarash already gave a good comparison on the size between Gaher313 and Mirage F1:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/qaher-f313-l-news-discussion.489544/page-10#post-9385087
and remember that F1 was introduced in 1973, just imagine the difference in the size of electronic equipments between that era and today.
last night deputy chief commander of our army was talking about the changes in our old fighters and he gave an example for F4 that we replace a big 10 kilograms kit with a tiny one no more than few grams.

from the beginning those RC models were presented as RC models. from the beginning our defense minister said it will fly in the near future.
whatever else you have heard is from biased and baseless sources.

I will be happy to believe your all claims once this aircraft becomes operational and shows its capabilities in international exercises and airshows or atleast its initial acceptance is cleared. till then just it doesnt worth to talk more about that.

At least u dont insist anymore its supersonic. You are making some progress. :lol:

Don't put words in my mouth. I never claimed it was supersonic nor did I say it was subsonic. I have been neutral, I'm not going to stoop to your levels of armchair general.

It was you that made a foolish claim that it could only reach about 500km/h because it has no air "diverters", thick wings and no afterburners yet airliners can about 1000km/h despite having all of those things you listed.

By the way even this aircraft can reach over 600km/h:

IMG_3232.JPG

Check your airliner's wings:

LANmount.jpg

Yes let's look at an airliners wing:

IMG_3231.JPG

How do airliners reach such speeds of 1000km/h with such thick wings, no afterburners and straight through engines?

Must be a big conspiracy! :lol:

500 calls everyone liars, it does matter if it's, defense firms, countries, basically anyone.

Reminds me of your conspiracy that the S-300 and S-400 are junk because you (with zero proof) claied Russia tried to shoot down those Tomahawks.

Last edited:
Very fat WW2 style wings, no inlet diverters, no afterburner, no edge flaps... everything shows that thats subsonic plane..

Subsonic ? So what ?
Super etendard , f-117 , harrier , all of these fighters are subsonic and all of them are very capable fighters for their missions.

Wasn't you saying in 4 years that qaher will never fly?! Never never never never fly !
So what happened? What changed a nonflying plastic model to a subsonic plane ?

Last edited:
I think its quite clear that the final production version of Qaher will not be so small.

As it has a stealth design, it must be capable of holding weapons internally. That means the aircraft will have to increase in size to accommodate the weapons bay, which will make it heavier, which will mean it will need larger engines (not J-85s), which will in turn mean a faster speed and more fuel (=longer range). This is probably why many are speculating it will be using an Iranian variant of the RD-33.

I do, however, wonder why we are seeing this taxi test. Taxi tests are usually meant to test engines. Iran has a lot of experience with the J-85s, it doesn't need to test them much further. I think this taxi test is for publicity. However just the fact that exists does prove that the Qaher-313 project is real and ongoing.

Probably the biggest mystery with the Qaher-313 is its intended role. Its top mounted intakes, high stability design, and assertion that it is a low altitude aircraft suggests that it is some sort of low altitude strike aircraft. But its unusual design complicates this. The unusual design may indicate this is a technology demostrator - in fact, the Q-313 has "EXPERIMENTAL" written on it.

I personally a strike role is unwise, as Iran needs fighter aircraft more than anything else. In fact some might say Iran's arsenal of ballistic and cruise missiles make it one of the best equipped forces in the middle east for strike operations. Furthermore, the statements of defence officials seem to suggest Iran is working on a large, bomber variant of the RQ-170, which possibly renders the Q-313 obsolete.

A very confusing aircraft...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom