What's new

Qaher F313 l News & Discussion

Still an unworkable design. The aircraft has tiny intakes on top which will have restricted airflow in normal operations and worse at higher angles of attack.

I still don't consider it a worthwhile project , just a PR stunt.

The Shafaq was a good project and idea which deserved the attention this drama is getting.

Like I care... :) but when spending millions on propashit and stupid project just for the sake of few Ayatollah on their golden share while the iranians need thzt money in other department... that's a waste

A military industry who can't even produce enought spare parts for their Tomcat... and still use millions on stupid project . Have fun with this waiste...
Arab mentality... Stick to stomach... Brain!? Brain? What brain?

A silly question... Is air intake positioned on top pf fuselage to avoid water splashes to enter engines as Qaher-313 will be flying fast close to water (ground effect)??

upload_2017-4-15_20-6-12.png

upload_2017-4-15_20-6-50.png

Still an unworkable design. The aircraft has tiny intakes on top which will have restricted airflow in normal operations and worse at higher angles of attack.

The Shafaq was a good project and idea which deserved the attention this drama is getting.

What can be possible reason to have Curved wing's end ? rest of the design is debatable but i am failed to see what is the reason behind such wings ?

What can be possible reason to have Curved wing's end ? rest of the design is debatable but i am failed to see what is the reason behind such wings ?
Some aerodynamic benefit and maybe, maybe some angular reflectivity benefits. But that is it.

This canard layout needs no vertical fins or horizontal stabilizers, the wing layout provides rear stabilization for better control.

taking advantage of ground effect to reach higher endurance,
increased stability in high speed,
increased maneuverability,
reduced RCS.

Ok we all can agree that this is just an early first generation prototype right? Because if not then we have a big problem.

I know you guys hate each other but 500 does bring up some valid points that can be debated on in a civilized way. I for one would like to hear both sides of the argument regarding the design philosophy of the Q-313.

It comes off as an ground effect jet thate meant for close in operations if I'm correct, so it will fly low and the shape of the body will absorb and bounce off radar signals, ok that sounds good. It has a small profile ok yet again I'm assuming this is due to the body of the air craft being designed around the smaller jet engine that Iran produces. But when we take a closer look the back 2 wings are in fact very thick, I don't see the tactical or even aerodynamic aspect of these two thick wings. But moving on.

The body of the aircraft itself is quite wide which yet again I'm assuming for some sort of internal bay? Or to house electronics and other onboard systems that sounds cool.

But when one does a close up of q-313 at least the one that is being shown we see seems and lines under the paint and quite frankly shoddy work that doesn't indicate that this is a modern or flight worthy jet that can withstand high g's let alone turbulence (but who knows, my knowledge on jets isn't that good).

Overall if this jet was bigger I can see how the design choices would fit more but as it stands it is small and weirdly shaped but hey we just dont know yet.

If refined more and more and mean much more money is poured into it we can see a jet that truly shines with Iranian in house tech.
There is an expert who I don't know... Maybe a man in charge of the bird.. in the video of unveiling the guy says... F-313 is super sonic... there is an internal bay for weapons... from nose to tail is Iranian made.. It is equipped with Iranian made radars, avionics and more importantly engines... has stealth level RCS...and he emphasized that this is the only stealth fighter jet able to fly close to the surface and water in very high speeds.. We also had another important unveiling today... what about others? Fakur-90 Active Radar BVR A-A missile... Mohajer-6 UCAV... Kosar-88 Trainer jet... New cruise missile with advanced radars in its nose...

for those who think Qaher-313 is subsonic because of it's thick wings, You better to have a look at the Boeing X-32:

300px-USAF_X32B_250.jpg

F-5 is made of metal and has a mach 1.6 speed, Qaher is made of composite material, so being lighter and faster is very likely.

Well honestly as its not designed to be an air superiority fighter the last thing I care about is if its supersonic or subsonic .
Honnestly look at other airplanes how much of their times they fly supersonic as far as I'm aware they only go supersonic when they are escaping or they are not carrying any weapon (well except f22) and honestly since when AOA or being supersonic is critical for CAS missions ?

Much is said about the "small" intakes but they seem to appear near same-size to the F-5E, which makes sense for GE J85 powerplants. Why did they require a taxi test for a 60 year-old GE engine design using old factory cores? An engine stand would have sufficed.

It doesn't make sense designing an aircraft around a powerplant that's in severely restricted supply. Great lengths-- often illicit-- continue to be taken in acquiring cores for rebuild to "Owj specs." These are needed just to keep operational the remaining F-5 types.

Heavily bent wings on a fixed-winged aircraft often times signal an aerodynamic fix, as was the case with the F-4 development. Not sure if this is the case with the Qaher project as it has yet to fly.

And why put a FLIR and other doo-dads on a prototype that has yet to fly? Better to get the kinks out first, for such a radical aircraft design.

Light close air support role? A more intelligent course would have been to build a small force of Iranian-rendered Tucano aircraft. Far less development, easier parts acquisition, greater loiter time, etc. But it wouldn't have served the domestic audience with the same level of flash, I guess.

I'm a skeptic of this program.
When they put simple avionics inside its 2013 mockup all started to say,.. look at these simple instruments!! and now that Iran tries to demonstrate how it would look like with more serious hardware and instruments you say why putting then on a plane that is on for taxt!!

MoD of Iran General Dehqan said it clearly... It is a tech demonstrator and will fly.. but is not the mass production version..

The most unusual design element of the Qaher is simply its one piece airframe surface. This is what raises doubts about it being a prototype not not a fake mock-up.

A airframe without single pieces and access panels is either a fake or a novel design approach using a single piece airframe built from composites to avoid edge reflections of a conventional stealth airframe. A convention stealth airframe must have very high/expensive standard and production quality. A cost effective approach that might have been used for the Qaher is to build large surface parts as one piece at the cost of less structural strength and more difficult maintenance. The problem with structural strength can be solved by using this approach for subsonic-only systems. The problem with more difficult maintenance could be partially overcome with a wise layout, with tanks at those locations and mature components designed for subsonic and less wear that have a high maintenance cycle at those locations without access panels.
Iran can do airframe production quality up to what can be seen in the Kowsar 88, but higher stealth level airframe production quality would be a very hard task at this time.
The single piece airframe approach which might have been employed in the Qaher is the only airframe technology that could provide stealth level gap reflections at a affordable cost.

The Qaher could be a F-117 built at a friction of the costs:
-No stealth level conventional-composite airframe technology with small gaps and RAM treatment. Single piece composite airframe sections.
-No expensive large non-afterburning turbofans. Indigenious small non-afterburning turbojet/turbofan

All other Qaher/F-117 key design parameters would be similar:
- Stealth to avoid any engagements. No credible dogfighting capability due to intakes (Qaher) or airframe stability/control (F-117).
-Subsonic, as no high thermal signature supersonic operation is necessary nor efficient for a system that is unlikely to be detected. Supersonic dash capability would be need for escaping engaging fighters or to engage/intercept enemy fighters and none of them are expected scenarios for Qaher/F-117. Fuel economy for range and a low engagement strike path is the key here.

Certain is that a X- and S-band stealth, low cost, low operation cost aircraft strike asset is one requirement which Iran has problems with at the moment.

Now, because the Qaher design, especially its airframe production technology is so unusual and never been seen elsewhere there is a reasonable chance that its fake or far from entering prototype stage. But on the other hand its typical for Iranian designers to use such novel design ideas. We have to wait until the first flight.

why do you think thousands of scientists and top engineers in private and public companies involved in these projects know less than you guys!!? You never cease to amaze me... Wallah!!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom