What's new

Qaher F313 l News & Discussion

So many bitter and downright jealous comments around here lol.

Well done to Iran and the Iranian nation. I say this as a neutral who neither supports nor opposes Iran in regional geopolitical affairs.

Honestly, for a country that's embargoed by literally the entire international community, I think it's rather impressive that Iran has a thriving indigenous military industry. Granted, most of Iran's military products are nowhere near as good as those of other, more experienced countries, but that's not the point. If people think it's about the quality or efficacy of Iran's industrial products, be they military or non-military products, then they're not even thinking properly in the first place. This is about a country that's trying to achieve self-sufficiency across the board, especially with regard to its economy and military. So it doesn't matter if Iran's fighter jets are mediocre compared to those of Western and Far Eastern countries. What actually matters is that Iran is capable of manufacturing its own indigenous military equipment, which will be very useful for the Iranians in a time of war, especially if the war lasts for a very long time and bleeds the financial capabilities of neighboring countries.

Suppose Iran goes to war with Saudi Arabia. There's no doubt in anyone's mind around here that the Saudis will initially have the upper hand in aerial warfare by virtue of their American-made fighter jets. But if the war lasts for a very long time (e.g. more than 6 months) and Saudi Arabia loses a good portion of its American-made fighters jets and forex reserves, then Iran will get the upper hand and ultimately win the war due to its indigenous capabilities, self-sufficiency and resilience.

That's the real difference between Iran and its Arab and non-Arab neighbors alike. And as much as I criticize Iran for many things, I tip my hat off to them for being the only resilient and perseverant country in the Muslim World that has at least attempted to genuinely achieve indigenous technological capabilities and self-sufficiency.

Don't compare this aircraft to those manufactured by Western and Far Eastern countries. Likewise, don't compare Iran's other industrial products with those of Japan, America or the EU. Instead, compare the brains and hard work behind Iran's military industry to what we see in the pathetic Arab World and other parts of the wider Middle East. If the Western World mysteriously collapses into anarchy overnight, Iran will still function as a country tomorrow morning. Iran's neighbors, on the other hand, will all collapse along with the West.

That's pretty false... but it's your opinion.
FYI... you don't win war with planes nowadays... and you have quite the exemple next door.

As for Iran FIghter jet... ofc it's a good thing to them and to be proud of... but the problem is the propashit of this project/event who is givin 0 credits to what good things was done bf and now.

And last, you don't need the West to survive... you just need to sell...

seeing is believing..

Wings are obnoxiously weird..

2013 vs 2017

Last edited:
ه گزارش ایسنا، سردار دهقان که رئیس جمهور را در این برنامه همراهی می کرد طی سخنانی اظهار داشت : به حول قوه الهی متخصصان و دانشمندان متعهد و انقلابی پژوهشکده سازمان صنایع هوایی وزارت دفاع و پشتیبانی نیروهای مسلح با وجود تحریم ها ، اولین نمونه هواپیمای جت آموزشی بومی را که با استفاده از توانایی ها و پتانسیل شرکت های دانش بنیان طراحی و ساخته شده است آماده ی انجام آزمایش های زمینی کردند.وی افزود : این هواپیما که به سفارش و مشارکت نیروی هوایی ارتش جمهوری اسلامی ایران و به صورت کاملاً بومی طراحی و ساخته شده و علاوه بر آموزش دانشجویان خلبانی، قابلیت اجرای مأموریت هایِ پشتیبانیِ نزدیک هوایی و حمل انواع تسلیحات خواهد داشت و انشالله پس از اتمام آزمایش های لازم، تحویل نیروی هوایی ارتش جمهوری اسلامی ایران می گردد.

Defence Minister : .... this airplane ( Qaher 313 ) has ability to do close air support missions .... "

so don't compare it with F22/F35 .... its too early for us to make something comparable to USA current top fighters ( F22/F35 ) ....
The plane that you,re talking about is another plane... it,s not Q-313 bro..

The rules for RCS are controls of:

1- Quantity of radiators
2- Array of radiators
3- Modes of radiation

There are no 'violations' of these rules, only the degrees of obedience to them.

Any body is a finite body where a radar signal must eventually leave this body. So for rules 1 and 2, the sphere is the most obedient. But there are no flying spheres. That leave the B-2 with its flying wing design is the next most obedient to rules 1 and 2. We want the least amount for rules 1 and 2.

For rule 3, we want as much control of as many modes of radiation as possible.

The bent wing tips on the Qaher made the design to have 8 major radiators compares to the F-22 with only 6 major structures. So if we are to go by visual cues alone, this design is less 'stealthy' than Western designs. Again, we are talking about visual cues only.

Thanks for response, visually it looks good 4.7+ gen not full 100% 5th gen, Am I correct?

That's pretty false... but it's your opinion.
FYI... you don't win war with planes nowadays... and you have quite the exemple next door.

As for Iran FIghter jet... ofc it's a good thing to them and to be proud of... but the problem is the propashit of this project/event who is givin 0 credits to what good things was done bf and now.

And last, you don't need the West to survive... you just need to sell...
You know I wouldn't be so insulted if the tirade came from say an American or European, heck even a Chinese or Russian, but a Tunisian? Wtf man? You guys are not even on the world radar, you can't even make a pencil sharpener let alone as you call it a fake airplane. Do you have any idea how many times Iran has proven people wrong or surprised our critics? They said in 1979 the F-14s will never fly, they said the Maverick/Phoenix missiles were sabotaged and they will never make them work. Same with nuclear cycle...etc..etc. Now we're making almost everything in Iran, even with heavy sanctions that would have annihilated your little country (and I mean little). Yes we still have a long way to go...but after seeing the Iranian's ingenuity you would be foolish to bet against them. Now I understand why my fellow countrymen are quick to point we are not Arabs.

Last edited:
From who? Iran? WHo can't feed their own ppl well? no healthcare? Corruption? CItizens flying to AMERICA ( official enemy) for a better life and an obselete military equipment? THe one who dropped their pants to AMerica to end their nuclear program? you speak about this Iran?

Stop jumping at any propashit from your gov... THis plane is a flying can... the only use will be to use it as the japanese as kamikaze ... If you can't see that this plane is a joke among jokes.. then so be it..; be Happy with it and keep spending millions on it while letting your pop poor...
You,re acting very irrational my friend... Why Arabs and to some extent most Muslims can't be fair to themselves and others? Anybody that reads your comments discovers a deep pain and hatred and jealousy.. Why like this?

We had many projects unveiled today in Iran. One trainer jet with close support combat roles. One F-313 fighter jet that based on what is known so far from the only interview and video is super sonic, is very low RCS, the only plane of its type that can fly like a cruise missile (ground effect) and has its weapons inside its belly and more importantly all of it... from nose to bottom are made (using private high tech companies as well)... Even the engines are Iranian made. We had another tactical UCAV, heck... One long range AA missile with active radar... One new cruise missile with great radar in its nose...and some other projects...

So you insist that all this is for propaganda and what is fed into your brain is not propaganda!?

You insist on poor people... What about we become fair and realistic again and rely on Iranian enemies's data?

The well being and quality of life of a nation is measured by Human Development Index today. What about the latest rankings?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index
You see that Iran is almost a developed nation and has almost the same quality of life as Oman, Malaysia and well above Tunsia (your country) and even your beloved Turkey!!

What about purchasing power of Iranians?

Well, again Iran is much higher than yours...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

So why you insist on your false emotions? Iran is Shia? They are against your beloved SA and USA? So what? Be fair as your Islam taught you...

Keep Calm and Love Iran :agree:
:cheers:

For those who are making fun about this so call 5th gen scaled down model, i wanna say. At least Iran has guts or wish to make a 5th gen fighter. Only handful countries are developing them. I think they will be succeeded after some trial and error. Good wish to Iran from a BD brother:-):smitten::tup:

:raise:Does it still have an 8 track player? I rate that very high in airframe accessories.

Joking aside, it's progress and that's what Iran needs. It's not comparable to Western designs, Russian or Chinese, and it looks to still need some improvement (larger wings, more powerful engines, redesigned or reorganized air intakes), but it's a start to build on.

It's not like most countries are in a position to rag on Iran anyway. This is the last airframe we designed and pressed into service, all the way back in 1939.

H%C3%B8ver_M.F.11.jpg

If nothing else the lessons learned with the Qaher F313 project will ensure the next Iranian design is better.
As other guys said.. Its air intakes has no problem for what they jet is used for... The mass production versions will be bigger.. The problem was a more powerful Iranian made jet engine which Iran is already on the verge of finishing it...so I believe the mass produced versions would be bigger in size and different in uses...

btw, Thousands of high tech companies in Iran and hundreds of them that are working on military industry never found out about the basic problem of air intakes and you and other non qualified guys insist that you know better? No offense of course... Just wondering!!

btw, nice looking plane you made back in 1939s... Only few nations could build anything that fly back then... and Norway has so much more to be proud of

Much is said about the "small" intakes but they seem to appear near same-size to the F-5E, which makes sense for GE J85 powerplants. Why did they require a taxi test for a 60 year-old GE engine design using old factory cores? An engine stand would have sufficed.

It doesn't make sense designing an aircraft around a powerplant that's in severely restricted supply. Great lengths-- often illicit-- continue to be taken in acquiring cores for rebuild to "Owj specs." These are needed just to keep operational the remaining F-5 types.

And why put a FLIR and other doo-dads on a prototype that has yet to fly? Better to get the kinks out first, for such a radical aircraft design.

Light close air support role? A more intelligent course would have been to build a small force of Iranian-rendered Tucano aircraft. Far less development, easier parts acquisition, greater loiter time, etc. But it wouldn't have served the domestic audience with the same level of flash, I guess.

I'm remain a skeptic of this program.

Last edited:
And another thing....we're fast taking our rightful place in the M.E. If any other nation in the area would have been subjected to the kind of sanctions, black ops, surprise attacks and wars as we have they would have FAILED 3 times over. Lol, Netanyahu has logged a million miles in his airplane going around crying to the world leaders about Iran. You know what he would he have done to any of other Arab petro state that was this kind of threat to him? That's right, he would have bombed them. We're still here son....fake airplane or not. I couldn't care less if this thing ever flies, as I know all about the other stuff that they've achieved. I'm amazed and proud.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom