What's new

PNS Azmat Class - Fast Attack Missile Craft | Updates & Discussions.

Same here mate!

before any religious blowhard puts a fatwa on me I am compelled to clarify
I mean no disrespect to Arabic names
on the contrary I would rather prefer a correctly pronounced local name rather than wrongly pronounced or inappropriate Arabic name

e.g. I know a woman was called "Haleebah" Haleeb" means milk in Arabic and Haleebah stands for anyone who gives a lot of milk, normally used for animals that are kept for such purpose.
another example is the word Qira' at (to recite) but people with local accent pronounce it as Qirrut.... which has a very unpleasant meaning in Arabic. the list is huge. and dont get me started on "Sadam Cloth House" or Osama general store ;) lol

PNS mehran for remembering those martyrs of PNS mehran??

Awsome news good job PN can't wait to see pic's !

422950-pnsdehshat-1345124913-525-640x480.JPG

before any religious blowhard puts a fatwa on me I am compelled to clarify
I mean no disrespect to Arabic names
on the contrary I would rather prefer a correctly pronounced local name rather than wrongly pronounced or inappropriate Arabic name

e.g. I know a woman was called "Haleebah" Haleeb" means milk in Arabic and Haleebah stands for anyone who gives a lot of milk, normally used for animals that are kept for such purpose.
another example is the word Qira' at (to recite) but people with local accent pronounce it as Qirrut.... which has a very unpleasant meaning in Arabic. the list is huge. and dont get me started on "Sadam Cloth House" or Osama general store ;) lol

LOL. You're equally petrified as myself from these Habee-B's & Fatwas-to-go :D

LOL. You're equally petrified as myself from these Habee-B's & Fatwas-to-go :D

I'd extend it to names of people as well ! Some of my cousins have the strangest Arabic names that my tongue feels funny trying to pronounce; for example if I call my cousin 'Huzaifah' his mom (my Khala) would reprimand me by saying 'No..pronounce as Hu-ddd-ai-fah' ! My tongue was so mad after the first couple of times that now I just call him 'Made in KSA', much to ere of my Khala ! :D

:rofl: PNS Dehshat, the person who came up with the name is an ultimate troll to the Pakistan's enemies

Back
Top Bottom