What's new

PNS Azmat Class - Fast Attack Missile Craft | Updates & Discussions.

Enough discussion..stop this thread till second Boat is commissioned in PN.

Then it will ended in the same fate of the last sub which tried to sink indian AC in 71

Or like the one which sank INS Kukri with all hands aboard and damaged the INS Kirpan. BTW Ghazi did not sink due to enemy action and in 65 IN aircraft carrier did not even leave the port thanks to one WWII vintage submarine.

Or like the one which sank INS Kukri with all hands aboard and damaged the INS Kirpan. BTW Ghazi did not sink due to enemy action and in 65 IN aircraft carrier did not even leave the port thanks to one WWII vintage submarine.

In 1965 the carrier was in dry dock and was in the process of refitting ....

Why would they care about a submarine whose sailors have no idea of laying mines and explode themselves ???

Why would they care about a submarine whose sailors have no idea of laying mines and explode themselves ???

That is spin to make you guys feel good and if one goes by that view 75% of IN fleet was going through refit in 65 as it never came out of Bombay. Or was Vikrant conveniently drydocked to avoid going to high seas? And talking of expertise after WWII there has been only one confirmed incident of a warship being sunk by a submarine, yes the warship was Indian and the submarine Pakistani.

That is spin to make you guys feel good and if one goes by that view 75% of IN fleet was going through refit in 65 as it never came out of Bombay. Or was Vikrant conveniently drydocked to avoid going to high seas?

Or the spin was given to make you guys feel good and you guys needed it desparately .....

Two naval myths, too, got generated at that time. That the whole of the Indian Navy was bottled up in harbour because of the presence of a single Pakistani submarine at sea. And, the Indian Naval expansion during the seventies and eighties was a reaction to the Pakistan Navy's bombardment of Dwarka. The real facts, however, were that almost seventy five percent of the Indian Navy was caught under maintenance in harbour after an intensive three months anti-submarine work up with a British submarine in the Bay of Bengal. And, for the second, that the post 1965, IN build up was part of the Indian Defence Plan, drawn out earlier, to prevent the recurrence of any military threat to India from seaward similar to one which had allowed Hindoosthan to be enslaved by the Europeans in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries

Contributing Editor : Vice Adm (Retd) IQBAL F QUADIR

Pakistan And Its Three Wars - 1

And talking of expertise after WWII there has been only one confirmed incident of a warship being sunk by a submarine, yes the warship was Indian and the submarine Pakistani.

And that is the only loss of an Indian ship ever ....

While you guys managed to destroy half your navy ....

I will be dam p1ssed to see SSBN in PN inventory because it is SUPER expensive and our awam are dying of hunger! CM BM etc are actually very economical to operate then SSBN so you can not use that analogy for your argument.

Sir,

It won't make any difference to our awam---they would still be pathetic, miserable and hungry even if we did not spend on the ssbn.

Then it will ended in the same fate of the last sub which tried to sink indian AC in 71

Hi,

In a war---you have to look at it this way---as a warrior of a smaller nation---where did I die---in your backyard or in my backyard---and if in your backyard---how far in---.

It may endure the same fate but for once if it did not---and found its target---. You know---sh-it happens.

Repeat: it is not a FAC proper but a patrol boat with missiles;
It will patrol in peace time (100%-x% of service life) while having a usefull capability for wartime (x% of service life). With x being kept as small a possible. How hard is it?

30kt on water is not slow. Veer class (Russian project 1241 Nato: Tarantul) of about the same size does 35 - 40 knots but has all GTu propulsion (i.e. lesser endurance: 1650 at 14 knots , operational autonomy for 10 days, with crew = 40-50 as compared to 12-14 sailors for Azmat)

Fast is Japan's Hayabusa class or Italy's Sparviero (both 46 kt). The former is 240 tons and the latter 60 tons.

PNS+AZMAT+Fast+Attack+Craft+%2528Missile%2529+Launched+SR60+radar+FAC+1031ee+8+C802A345+NAVY++%25282%2529.jpg
[/QUOTE]

PNS+Azmat+Fast+Attack+Missile+Craft+(FAMC)+Pakistan+Navy+Chinese+People%E2%80%99s+Liberation+Army+(PLA)+chief+of+staff+of+a+maritime++East+China+Sea+Fleet+PLA+Navy+Ahmed.jpg

The should replace a single boat with two in the rear section of FAC and utilize the middle portion for an automated gun like this one:
mk-38-tactical-laser-system.jpg

chinaCIWS.jpg

chinaCIWS2.jpg

More over utilizing the upper portion of the ship where there are life raft for Chinese RAAM system on both the sides:
PNS+AZMAT+Fast+Attack+Craft+%2528Missile%2529+Launched+SR60+radar+FAC+1031ee+8+C802A345+NAVY++%25282%2529.jpg

RIM-116%20RAM.jpg

uss-green-bay-ram.jpg

military%2Bweapons%2Bpictures%252Cnavy%2Bpictures%252Cmyspace%2Bmilitary%2Bpictures-788867.jpg

FL-3000N-01.jpg

20120611065155875.jpg

Hi,

In a war---you have to look at it this way---as a warrior of a smaller nation---where did I die---in your backyard or in my backyard---and if in your backyard---how far in---.

It may endure the same fate but for once if it did not---and found its target---. You know---sh-it happens.

well the sub was indeed destroyed or sank in enemy's backyard but the rest of losses suffered by PN were in our own backyard

And how old are you?? This is more like talking back for the sake of talking vs. actually giving factual information

And how old are you?? This is more like talking back for the sake of talking vs. actually giving factual information

My age doesnot change facts and factual information is given in post 350 .......

My age doesnot change facts and factual information is given in post 350 .......

Actually, my response was to the post that I responded to, not the # 350. If I had objections or counter argument to # 350, I would've responded to that post. The reason I asked you your age was because when people just go out of synch, then the thread derails and then there's pages worth of useless crap. Objective discussion is great as no one wastes time and everyone learns from each other

well the sub was indeed destroyed or sank in enemy's backyard but the rest of losses suffered by PN were in our own backyard

Hi,

For that you have to confront the treachery by Pakistan Air Force . Stabbed by the enemy from the front---and most fascinatingly strangulated by the PAF from behind

Obviuosly, in a war one dies in his backyard as well when facing an enemy three times your size.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom