What's new

PNS Azmat Class - Fast Attack Missile Craft | Updates & Discussions.

KE&SW should go for addition 5 of these to complement others and replace the old ones. They should try to modify it with sonars and torpedoes as well so it will have multi mission capability.

Sorry for being an ignoranamus, but is this Karachi or China? If Karachi, wow the shipyard looks clean and modern which is not my perception of Pakistani yards. If not then obviously the Chinese have decent manufacturing facilities.

A very small craft.Can't be called a guided missile frigate.

Yup its not frigate but Guided Missile FAC.

It have 4x4 C-802 Anti-ship cruise missiles with the range of 180KM. :cool:
25_108234_f25b0d5624450c1.jpg

Da da da ...dashat .. Fast Attack Missile Boat ...

The name alone makes it powerful like a Destroyer

No one is going to get scared of a 600 Ton FAC

You need to induct 6000 Ton Frigates and Destroyers to actually leave a mark

This is VERY untrue (unless you are a blue water navy like the USN). Iran has small boats and hundreds of them compared to allied forces. But, the NATO is concerned over all of them as they'll be difficult to take out. The location is such that it makes it a VERY high risk.

Big boats are good as long as you have a ton of aircover, additional support ships with it like a USN's carrier battle group. For everyone else, the more dispersed you are, the better it is. What's harder to hit? An elephent that can be seen from miles away or a cheetah that can hide and attack lethaly when it needs to?

I think if PN can deploy 20 or so of these boats, all packed with capable ASM's and WITH good air coverage, long range SAM coverage (100 miles plus) and about 6 quality subs, it'll cause tremendous amount of pain in any conflict.

we should buy one dozen midget submarines from iran.....custom fit each midget submarine with 2 nuclear armed babur cruise missiles...plus we can add computers and navigation systems of choice.......we can multiply our force very easily with small budget provided we think out of the box.

Sorry for being an ignoranamus, but is this Karachi or China? If Karachi, wow the shipyard looks clean and modern which is not my perception of Pakistani yards. If not then obviously the Chinese have decent manufacturing facilities.

The Karachi shipyard, it is very modernized nowadays, and it has the potential to build the 4500 tons frigate like the Type 054A and the 2000 tons corvette like the Type 056 in the near future.

You can take out an elephant or two but you cant do anything against a swarm of bees, and they both can kill you.

This is VERY untrue (unless you are a blue water navy like the USN). Iran has small boats and hundreds of them compared to allied forces. But, the NATO is concerned over all of them as they'll be difficult to take out. The location is such that it makes it a VERY high risk.

Big boats are good as long as you have a ton of aircover, additional support ships with it like a USN's carrier battle group. For everyone else, the more dispersed you are, the better it is. What's harder to hit? An elephent that can be seen from miles away or a cheetah that can hide and attack lethaly when it needs to?

I think if PN can deploy 20 or so of these boats, all packed with capable ASM's and WITH good air coverage, long range SAM coverage (100 miles plus) and about 6 quality subs, it'll cause tremendous amount of pain in any conflict.

I am sure after the new elections and a newer GoP the PN would have a chance to produce another five of these at home.

One additional name for our future destroyer:

PNS Haibat (One, the enemy is scared of shitless!) :D

One additional name for our future recon ship:

PNS Gheebat (The back-biter) :rofl:

Please spare me the sermon on "Gheebat, burri bala hai" :D

One additional name for our future destroyer:

PNS Haibat (One, the enemy is scared of shitless!) :D

One additional name for our future recon ship:

PNS Gheebat (The back-biter) :rofl:

Please spare me the sermon on "Gheebat, burri bala hai" :D

Say..what ? I was thinking of PNS Ghandasa and PNS Naswar ! :D

On a serious note, why don't we name our vessels on some of the personalities from Pakistan's contemporary history ?

How about PNS Sardar Aurangzeb Khan - who was so instrumental in getting the Quaid's message across to the common people of NWFP ! Or PNS Fatima Begum - who as the Principal of the Islamia Girls College, Lahore was invaluable in getting women's participation in the Pakistan Movement up and running by hosting the first ever annual session of the women's wing of the All-India-Muslim League right there in her college.

Say..what ? I was thinking of PNS Ghandasa and PNS Naswar ! :D

On a serious note, why don't we name our vessels on some of the personalities from Pakistan's contemporary history ?

How about PNS Sardar Aurangzeb Khan - who was so instrumental in getting the Quaid's message across to the common people of NWFP ! Or PNS Fatima Begum - who as the Principal of the Islamia Girls College, Lahore was invaluable in getting women's participation in the Pakistan Movement up and running by hosting the first ever annual session of the women's wing of the All-India-Muslim League right there in her college.

PNS Benazir Bhutto Shaheed?

Back
Top Bottom