What's new

Pakistani Biryani/Nihari v Indian Biryani/Nihari

What's your opinion on his verdict of india winning the nihari/biryani competition

India for years has been investing in its Nihari and Biryani techniques, there's even a tech centre in Bangalore dedicated to it. So of course this comes as no surprise.
Also whenever these gorah bloggers go for the Pakistan v India videos they get a call from RAW from New Delhi and get flights paid for, free hotels etc. They are told to make it close but in actual fact the result should be in India's favour.

Nah all good in love of food India won this time around.

Last edited:
Listen , most of pakistani Punjabis are converted , there is no doubt about that. I'm a Punjabi Rajput (Hindu) and many Muslim Rajputs are there in Pakistan who use the same surname as mine. So no matter how much you try to shrug off your past the reality will always remain that you are our descendants. Your ancestors were hindus. This is true for all Sindhis and Punjabis and even Kashmiris

Oh which clan are you?

@waz bhai, since this round is already in India's bag, I am taking the liberty to post another victory video where a gora gives his opinion about Indian tea :p:. To add some potential for scandal, let me add that this Kiwi vlogger has an Indian wife and was given some pain by Indian authorities recently when he visited Pakistan.

@waz bhai, since this round is already in India's bag, I am taking the liberty to post another victory video where a gora gives his opinion about Indian tea :p:. To add some potential for scandal, let me add that this Kiwi vlogger has an Indian wife and was given some pain by Indian authorities recently when he visited Pakistan.

Ah ah I know this guy he blatantly has been compromised by Indian intelligence he has an Indian wife as well! Can't trust this guy lol.
I'll watch but I find the American dude more funnier. His bandana is hilarious, he wears it for 'business' hahaha.

Ah ah I know this guy he blatantly has been compromised by Indian intelligence he has an Indian wife as well! Can't trust this guy lol.
I'll watch but I find the American dude more funnier. His bandana is hilarious, he wears it for 'business' hahaha.
Yes, the American is funnier.
Off topic, but I will recommend the channel 'Bald and Bankrupt' unless you already know. That guy is also funny in his own way. While his area of interest is mostly the desolate Slavic lands, he did visit India. When any tout troubled him, he would naughtily ask 'Bhabhi milegi kya?', a cultural reference he probably picked up from the online world of sleazy Indian videos :sarcastic:

Oh which clan are you?
@Hellfire2006 I am interested too cause we usually share clan names with Sikhs but some times Hindu Punjabis have different surnames than ours like Sharma, Kapoor which we don't use at all etc - I would say 60-70% of our surnames are shared with Sikhs and 40-50 ish % with Hindus (I am just talking about Lahore specifically as that's where I grew up not punjab in general - Lahore is majority partition population of doaba, majhi mix)

People use Khatri, Jutt surnames but I feel like we don't share brahmin surnames - I don't think brahmins had any incentive for conversion probably that's why

Oh which clan are you?
katal Rajput. Our clan is spread out in North Punjab , Jammu and shakargarh

@Hellfire2006 I am interested too cause we usually share clan names with Sikhs but some times Hindu Punjabis have different surnames than ours like Sharma, Kapoor which we don't use at all etc - I would say 60-70% of our surnames are shared with Sikhs and 40-50 ish % with Hindus (I am just talking about Lahore specifically as that's where I grew up not punjab in general - Lahore is majority partition population of doaba, majhi mix)
Punjabi muslims share surnames with Hindi Rajputs , Hindu Gujjars and Hindu Jats from what i know
People use Khatri, Jutt surnames but I feel like we don't share brahmin surnames - I don't think brahmins had any incentive for conversion probably that's why
Some brahmins from UP did convert to islam but they remained in india.

Chowdhri which many pakisani politicians has as their surnames are Brahmin surnames.Infact most of the 'upper cast Muslims' in India are either Brahmin or Rajput converts.I dont know about Pakistan but indian muslims with surnames like Ashraf,Abdullah,Sayed,Mirza,Khan,Sheikh were historically upper cast usually Brahmin/Rajput converts .
1659110156158.png

katal Rajput. Our clan is spread out in North Punjab , Jammu and shakargarh

Punjabi muslims share surnames with Hindi Rajputs , Hindu Gujjars and Hindu Jats from what i know

Some brahmins from UP did convert to islam but they remained in india.
Funny thing, I never knew there were Muslim Rajput. It was during election in Ghaziabad where Rajput both Muslims and Hindus voted for VK Singh due to him being Rajput, I came to know about them. And now I have seen many Pakistani posters here are of Rajput clan.

Last edited:
Mutton nihari is perfectly acceptable. Chicken nihari is no no. You simply can't cook chicken that long without destroying it. In fact I don't recall any place serving chicken nihari. But then some Johnny-come-lately can do anything in the name of innovation. There are people selling fish haleem too :suicide:

I have come across something called vegetable biryani :D

I have come across something called vegetable biryani :D
Oh that is very common, and not half as bad as fish nihari. You see, veg biryani is a surrender. It says 'I cannot eat meat so become vegetarian'. Fish nihari is sneaky like 'Hey, can you become less non-veg please' ?

Oh that is very common, and not half as bad as fish nihari. You see, veg biryani is a surrender. It says 'I cannot eat meat so become vegetarian'. Fish nihari is sneaky like 'Hey, can you become less non-veg please' ?

Vegetable + Biryani is an oxymoron. Would you agree?

no its just moronic 😃. just put veg dish on boiled rice or something. it has the same gravitas as sbux chai tea

Profile photo for Ibrahim Irfan
Ibrahim Irfan
Studied at Mount Saint Vincent University

In many Western countries, Pakistan is considered as the home of biryani particularly because of Sindhi Biryani which originated in Karachi..Sindhi biryani is probably the most authentic and most delicious of all the biryanis…I have lived in Canada, KSA and UAE and not once have I seen a foreigner at an Indian restaurant but I have seen so many foreigners visit Pakistani restaurants, specially in Canada because of their biryani.. The dish may have originated in India but it became popular all across the globe because of Pakistan so hands down Pakistani biryani is better.

I like Karachi Biryani...

New edition of Biryani in Karachi... Nalli Biryani

1659202588736.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom