What's new

Pakistani Biryani/Nihari v Indian Biryani/Nihari

No they are not .these are not indian originated foods Muslims bring them in india from arab iran and central asia .uk canada main indian bech rahy hai as indian dishes .indians worship animals and eat vegetables beans etc since stone age.
Are you desecendats of muslims who came from iran arabia central asia or are you descendats of converted Jats , Sindhis , etc

Ye log apni hi dunya main ji rahy hain .dekhna kal ko siggi shinwari or takatak bhi indian dish hogi .

Kahan dekheen wohi to pooch rahy hain ap se ?
Pakistani website se puch lo
The word “Nihar” originated from the Arabic word, “Nahar” which means “morning”. It was originally eaten by Nawabs in the Mughal Empire as a breakfast item after their morning prayers.

Nihari was developed in Old Delhi, India, during the reign of the Mughal Empire. Muslim Nawabs (Noblemen) would eat Nihari after their sunrise prayers (Fajr), after which they would take naps until the afternoon Muslim prayers (Zhuhr). It later became a regular breakfast dish for the working class due to its energy-boosting properties.

Nihari used to be slow-cooked overnight in large pots in order to be given to labourers when they participated in the substantial construction projects sanctioned by the empire. Nihari was served free to labourers.

After Pakistan gained its independence in 1947, a huge wave of immigrants from Delhi settled in Karachi. As many of these immigrants were already involved in the food industry, restaurants were quickly established in Karachi

Are you desecendats of muslims who came from iran arabia central asia or are you descendats of converted Jats , Sindhis , etc
I have not read jatts much but i read sindhis .sindh is on border of west subcontinent .they have mixed east and west food habits .

I don't agree , kolkata biryani has aloo which ruins the flavour. BTW , don't try paradise biryani , they're overrated , you should order from Behrouz , their Biryani tastes so heavenly that it's gonna melt your tastebuds with flavours. Their Mirchi ka saalan is awesome too !
Too each their own I guess, I agree many don't like aloo added in their biryani. I have tasted Behrouz and it does taste good, more of a modern take I believe(packaging is top notch) , even in this case though I have seen people dislike it because they add badam in many of their dishes.

I have not read jatts much but i read sindhis .sindh is on border of west subcontinent .they have mixed east and west food habits .
Listen , most of pakistani Punjabis are converted , there is no doubt about that. I'm a Punjabi Rajput (Hindu) and many Muslim Rajputs are there in Pakistan who use the same surname as mine. So no matter how much you try to shrug off your past the reality will always remain that you are our descendants. Your ancestors were hindus. This is true for all Sindhis and Punjabis and even Kashmiris

Nihari originated from present day Delhi or UP (Lucknow) thereabouts and most of the Nihari restaurants (Sabri, Javed, Zahid) have their roots from there.

And what’s with this my d!ck is longer than yours contest. Both Pakistan and India can claim it. Not exclusive to either India or Pakistan.

As for Biryani, most of the Biryani consumed in Punjab or upper side is Pulao.

I’ve had original Biryani (Hyderabad, India) which I think is good (maybe excellent for others). But to me, Sindhi Biryani beats them all, mostly found in Karachi and please no Aloo.

Let’s agree on one thing. We need to thank Mughals, Arabs, Persians for these cuisines.

Pakistani website se puch lo
The word “Nihar” originated from the Arabic word, “Nahar” which means “morning”. It was originally eaten by Nawabs in the Mughal Empire as a breakfast item after their morning prayers.

Nihari was developed in Old Delhi, India, during the reign of the Mughal Empire. Muslim Nawabs (Noblemen) would eat Nihari after their sunrise prayers (Fajr), after which they would take naps until the afternoon Muslim prayers (Zhuhr). It later became a regular breakfast dish for the working class due to its energy-boosting properties.

Nihari used to be slow-cooked overnight in large pots in order to be given to labourers when they participated in the substantial construction projects sanctioned by the empire. Nihari was served free to labourers.

After Pakistan gained its independence in 1947, a huge wave of immigrants from Delhi settled in Karachi. As many of these immigrants were already involved in the food industry, restaurants were quickly established in Karachi
A lot of fine cuisine (including French snottiness) came from the Turks. However, Indian fine cuisine all came from the royals and nawabs pre British with a lot of depth much as art and poetry were developed in those areas.

A famous story I heard is of a chef who was employed by a Nawab before the Brits executed the Nawab so he ended up in some civil servants employment. The first day he made some fine lentils, meat and a special starter but as he stood by to see his new master eat he saw him mixing the lentil with the starter. Horrified.. he cried out “Those who appreciate taste are dead so neither shall the taste remain” and ran to the estate well and jumped to his death.

Listen , most of pakistani Punjabis are converted , there is no doubt about that. I'm a Punjabi Rajput (Hindu) and many Muslim Rajputs are there in Pakistan who use the same surname as mine. So no matter how much you try to shrug off your past the reality will always remain that you are our descendants. Your ancestors were hindus. This is true for all Sindhis and Punjabis and even Kashmiris
Lolllzzz yahan to her 3rd admi khud ko qadri chishti gillani bukhari kehta hai bhai .kis dunya main ho ap ?.converted and my ancestors ? Please help me how marri balcoh tribe have anything to do with india and indians ? Please do not insult me by calling me indian . We have proud history .

I did a DNA test here in the US and my origins are true to my family tree.. Arab - Persian - Eastern Turk and Pathan along with 2% saxon???… so tell that to 23 &Me where the converts came in.

Heck, in a way I literally followed the path of Islam into the subcontinent

I did a DNA test here in the US and my origins are true to my family tree.. Arab - Persian - Eastern Turk and Pathan along with 2% saxon???… so tell that to 23 &Me.
Bhai saab ke liye poori universe indian hai

I did a DNA test here in the US and my origins are true to my family tree.. Arab - Persian - Eastern Turk and Pathan along with 2% saxon???… so tell that to 23 &Me.
Pashtuns are real muslims , there is no doubt about that . I hold them in very high regard , they're a warrior race

Lolllzzz yahan to her 3rd admi khud ko qadri chishti gillani bukhari kehta hai bhai .kis dunya main ho ap ?.converted and my ancestors ? Please help me how marri balcoh tribe have anything to do with india and indians ? Please do not insult me by calling me indian . We have proud history .
I have said clearly that it's only true for "Punjabis , sindhis and kashmiris"

Pashtuns are real muslims , there is no doubt about that . I hold them in very high regard , they're a warrior race
They weren’t until Islam percolated into Persia… some of their practices pre-date Islam and are tribal in nature.

Bhai saab ke liye poori universe indian hai
Even Hinduism itself wasn’t native to all of India.. although I at times have banded with North Indians to heckle southerners..
Telling them you guys see dravidians.. we Aryans kicked your butt then and continue to subjugate you.. so know your place Dravidian!!

They weren’t until Islam percolated into Persia… some of their practices pre-date Islam and are tribal in nature.
From what I know pashtuns are real warriors and they can fight till their last breath for freedom against a stronger enemy. That's why I respect them. Although I don't agree with many of their practices like preventing girls form getting educated

Rajput (Hindu)
Ameer Khusrow was the son of a Turk father and a Rajput mother (whose family had recently embraced Islam). There is nothing common between you and us. We, the Muslim Rajputs, earned and built our own legacy from scratch.

P.S. If we are converts to Islam from Hinduism, what religion did you convert from into Hinduism?

This is a simplification and maybe you are speaking out of your experience abroad. I haven't been to UK or US so I don't know what sort of restaurants Indians are operating there. Maybe they have carved a niche for themselves in veggie food space and that leads to stereotyping. Much of Indian non-veg food is too spicy for foreign palettes and will never see wholesale adoption there. Tweaked versions will just not work.

It is also a stereotype that if one wants to eat meat he has to do so secretly and get it made by a Muslim chef. This may be true in some baniya families in the cow belt. The cooks in South India, Bengal, Maharashtra, Goa are overwhelmingly non-Muslim. Not out of discrimination, but for the simple fact that Hindus in these communities have a tradition of eating meat and have no dependence on Muslim chefs.
Actually a indian once posted about it where I read that in India Muslim chefs cook meat much better. I think on this forum a while ago.
So if what you are saying is true then that shows a strict cow belt has hijacked the whole India with it's ideology. And in comparison with the rest of india cow belt is a very small part and by no means a representation of all India and indians.

Actually a indian once posted about it where I read that in India Muslim chefs cook meat much better. I think on this forum a while ago.

That may have been his experience and I won't contest it. What is certainly true is that most red meat shops are owned by Muslims and they are said to have a better knowledge of what cut of meat works best for which type of dish. This knowledge may have certainly passed from Muslim butchers to Muslim chefs.

So if what you are saying is true then that shows a strict cow belt has hijacked the whole India with it's ideology. And in comparison with the rest of india cow belt is a very small part and by no means a representation of all India and indians.

I don't know if cow belt really hijacks the narrative or it is because I understand only Hindi and not other regional languages fully, I tend to get more exposed to cow belt news and makes me feel that Indian politics is all about cow belt. Since Pakistanis also won't understand regional Indian languages they also get this one sided picture. Finally, media rarely reports good news. As it happens, a lot of shit happens in cow belt so again they get disproportionately more air time even in English channels, which (curse) are all based in Delhi, with the exception of Times Group (not that it changes anything).

Back
Top Bottom