What's new

Pakistani Biryani/Nihari v Indian Biryani/Nihari

pakistani Punjabis are converted
Which Muslim nation is not a converted one?
Pushtoons,Turks, Iranians all are converted ones. even Arabs fought wars against Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him and his family and His followers) to stop the spread of Islam.
But at last,Islam won.

we Punjabi Muslims are no exception.
you indians should stop this "Irani arab people real Muslim, punjabis and Sindhis converted Muslims" rhetoric.
it's totally logicless.

So much food...
1659206800029.png

Which Muslim nation is not a converted one?
Pushtoons,Turks, Iranians all are converted ones. even Arabs fought wars against Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him and his family and His followers) to stop the spread of Islam.
But at last,Islam won.

we Punjabi Muslims are no exception.
you indians should stop this "Irani arab people real Muslim, punjabis and Sindhis converted Muslims" rhetoric.
it's totally logicless.
Okay I get it. I didn't mean to offend you. What I was pointing out is that Indians and pakistani Punjabis/sindhis have common ancestry and we must not forget that.

Profile photo for Ibrahim Irfan
Ibrahim Irfan
Studied at Mount Saint Vincent University

In many Western countries, Pakistan is considered as the home of biryani particularly because of Sindhi Biryani which originated in Karachi..Sindhi biryani is probably the most authentic and most delicious of all the biryanis…I have lived in Canada, KSA and UAE and not once have I seen a foreigner at an Indian restaurant but I have seen so many foreigners visit Pakistani restaurants, specially in Canada because of their biryani.. The dish may have originated in India but it became popular all across the globe because of Pakistan so hands down Pakistani biryani is better.

I like Karachi Biryani...

New edition of Biryani in Karachi... Nalli Biryani

View attachment 866458
Ibrahims answer is nothing more than self fellatio. I've been to US, Canada , UK , NZ ,singapore and every where the same type of biryani tastes different. I also disagree with his answer on how foreigners go to pakistani restraunts to try biryani, many pakistani restraunt owners in Vancouver run their places under the pretext of serving indian food. I went to this particular restraunt called deewan e khaas in 2018 and it served all types of north indian cuisine
In my personal opinion From all of this the best biryani I've ever had is from Behrouz. They serve authetic hyderabadi mutton dum biryani with mirchi ka salan and the meat literally melts like butter in mouth with the tastes of south indian spices.

Ibrahims answer is nothing more than self fellatio. I've been to US, Canada , UK , NZ ,singapore and every where the same type of biryani tastes different. I also disagree with his answer on how foreigners go to pakistani restraunts to try biryani, many pakistani restraunt owners in Vancouver run their places under the pretext of serving indian food. I went to this particular restraunt called deewan e khaas in 2018 and it served all types of north indian cuisine
From all of this the best biryani I've ever had is from Behrouz. They serve authetic hyderabadi mutton dum biryani with mirchi ka salan and the meat literally melts like butter in mouth with the tastes of south indian spices.
Yes, I totally disagree with him,
in USA , lot of desi restaurants are having Spanish cooks.

I have a question for PDF members here - How Popular is Dosa in Pakistan ? Has anyone of you tried it before ?

Ate Indian food twice in my life. Both terrible experiences. They put god damn haldi in everything.

Never again.

I have a question for PDF members here - How Popular is Dosa in Pakistan ? Has anyone of you tried it before ?

Never heard of it. Maybe people from Karachi know about it.

Yes, I totally disagree with him,
in USA , lot of desi restaurants are having Spanish cooks.
yes sir , that's the point. In western countries employ goras as cooks and then they talk about preparing authentic food, the real authetic food is made by the people of the region where the food originates

Okay I get it. I didn't mean to offend you. What I was pointing out is that Indians and pakistani Punjabis/sindhis have common ancestry and we must not forget that.
we don't deny it mate- at least those who actually do (as we are not a monolith here we have Baloch, Pashtun, and full Muslim clans here so they won't like it when you say that, some might even get angry)
like it wouldn't offend me personally as my clan members are from all religions and our family even know our great grandfather by his family record Hindu first name, hell afaik even the guy you are quoting mentioned in a thread somewhere how someone in his family converted from Sikhism during British times , so its false that those who really do have it, deny it

Now what we don't like is essentially "slurization" of the word convert- you know how Indian nationalists use it to disrespect Punjabi Muslims with their false stories, we do not like that you are not the only one, afghan nationalists have made it a slur by calling us Hindus and not good Muslims, while Indian/Bengali Muslims think we still run a "caste" system after Islam (which is completely false as they lack knowledge about how our society operates) - we get f-ed from all sides

B- its used to push Indian nationalist agendas and talking points - we are all proud Pakistanis and love our country to the core, when we see something being used to put down Pakistan, we respond harshly C- having commonality with yall doesn't mean I have in common with anything "Indian" or I am Indian or I want anything to do with India the country, I may have a soft spot for yall just like anywhere else in the world, cause when you know you are of the same ancestry/blood/clan/tribe you do have have good feelings towards the other unless, of course, you hate my religion or country (which many of you do) than its a fight

Last edited:
we don't deny it mate- at least those who actually do (as we are not a monolith here we have Baloch, Pashtun, and full Muslim clans here so they won't like it when you say that, some might even get angry)
like it wouldn't offend me personally as my clan members are from all religions and our family even know our great grandfather by his family record Hindu first name, hell afaik even the guy you are quoting mentioned in a thread somewhere how someone in his family converted from Sikhism during British times , so its false that those who really do have it, deny it

Now what we don't like is essentially "slurization" of the word convert- you know how Indian nationalists use it to disrespect Punjabi Muslims with their false stories, we do not like that you are not the only one, afghan nationalists have made it a slur by calling us Hindus and not good Muslims, while Indian/Bengali Muslims think we still run a "caste" system after Islam (which is completely false as they lack knowledge about how our society operates) - we get f-ed from all sides

B- its used to push Indian nationalist agendas and talking points - we are all proud Pakistanis and love our country to the core, when we see something being used to put down Pakistan, we respond harshly C- having commonality with yall doesn't mean I have in common with anything "Indian" or I am Indian or I want anything to do with India the country, I may have a soft spot for yall unless, of course, you hate my religion or country (which many of you do) than its a fight

A. You’re wasting your time and energy

B. You say y’all more than me and I live in Texas :lol:

Indian formula for cooking= throw every spice available and heavy cream or coconut milk in it. The end.
Indian and Pakistan foods are totally different. We can not use their species at our home always Shan or if not, then National.

Indian formula for cooking= throw every spice available and heavy cream or coconut milk in it. The end.
I wonder who told you this or were you just being sarcastic. I hope it's the latter because otherwise i'd be forced to make a rash judgement about your knowledge in culinary arts. What you said could be sort of true for south indian food but I being a north indian don't like coconut milk in my dishes. My daily brealkfast is normally Plain parantha with curd and scrambled eggs. While cooking special delicacies and meats we use a very balanced mix of masalas

Last edited:
Indian and Pakistan foods are totally different. We can not use their species at our home always Shan or if not, then National.

In my village we use our own masala, never dubba.

I wonder who told you this or were you just being sarcastic. I hope it's the latter because otherwise i'd be forced to make a rash judgement about your knowledge in culinary arts. What you said could be sort of true for south indian food but I being a north indian don't like coconut milk in my dishes. My daily brealkfast is normally Plain parantha with curd and scrambled eggs. While cooking special delicacies and meats we use a very balanced mix of masalas

Heavy cream for North Indian dishes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom