What's new

Pakistani Biryani/Nihari v Indian Biryani/Nihari

I think this is what differentiates an authentic "Indian" food from others

In Pakistan, not many would describe our food as "spicy", except for some dishes ofcourse
It's more creamy, meaty

I noticed the difference cause karachi food is spicy for us, like my uncle got ulcer in Karachi cause the food was so spicy, not that it was bad - it was top quality but more spicy than what you'd experience in rest of the country

Damn.. it was that bad?

Fun video, but don't watch it hungry.

McDonalds Pakistan V India

Nihari and Biryani is street food in Delhi? Since when?

This is like comparing apple and oranges. If he thinks this is street food of Delhi, he needs to do more research before comparing.

Nihari and Biryani is street food in Delhi? Since when?
Only street food in Delhi are Momos and Pani Puri :lol:
Which is why I don’t like being here, although both of them are very tasty and addictive, I like more things when it comes to Street Food. All these Samosas and Chole Bhature are on the heavier side.

Which is why I don’t like being here, although both of them are very tasty and addictive, I like more things when it comes to Street Food. All these Samosas and Chole Bhature are on the heavier side.

What is a momo?

What is a momo?
Originally from North Eastern areas of India, but is now the favorite street food of Delhi people.
1659067647633.jpeg

I noticed the difference cause karachi food is spicy for us, like my uncle got ulcer in Karachi cause the food was so spicy, not that it was bad - it was top quality but more spicy than what you'd experience in rest of the country

I have noticed that the Pakistani nihari tends to have a more glossy texture compared to the Indian one. Part of the glossy texture comes from the addition of maida/atta as a binder during the last stage of cooking. But part of it could also be because cattle meat has more gelatin and in India it is mostly mutton that is used (at least in the popular food joints).

Cmon , people even starting to sell daal baati churma on redi. And totally forgotten about ram ji ke laddu.

The variety is so much, don’t get me started.

What do they put in it?

Original and then dehli street food version
If you want to eat original momos, you have to visit Tibetan areas.

What do they put in it?

Original and then dehli street food version

The absolute original contains pork, which is widely eaten in north east India.
The delhi version comes with choice of chicken / veg. The veg is basically a mix of shredded cabbage, carrots and capsicum. I hate all types of momos. Boiled maida is not to my liking at all.

Damn.. it was that bad?
No it wasn't bad as in taste but it was extremely spicy - when they say our briyani is pullow it's true cause Thier briyani especially and larger cuisine in general is definitely more spicy than what we are accustomed to

Last edited:
Indian food in general is pretty poorly represented in restaurants abroad and it seems the excessive spice trend from there is percolating back home.

This could be in part to some food culture being lost to the popularity of Indian food drawing in foreign influence.

But a lot also has to do with the established chef houses being sidelined for TV pretenders. Some Indian judge on a Netflix show was calling coriander - zeera so one can imagine what butchering is going with it.

Indian food in general is pretty poorly represented in restaurants abroad and it seems the excessive spice trend from there is percolating back home.

This could be in part to some food culture being lost to the popularity of Indian food drawing in foreign influence.

But a lot also has to do with the established chef houses being sidelined for TV pretenders. Some Indian judge on a Netflix show was calling coriander - zeera so one can imagine what butchering is going with it.

Jeera*

Corrected for you

Back
Top Bottom