What's new

Pakistani Biryani/Nihari v Indian Biryani/Nihari

Yaar food par no larhai jhagda. Both countries have awesome food. I'll add our Bengali and Sri Lankan bros also to this.

Waisay I have seen this vid before. I think this is the one where Pakistanis are suggesting he should eat Nihari and Biryani in Karachi instead.
There is one big difference in how religion has caused different attitudes towards food in India and Pakistan
I have observed that serving only vegetarian food to guests in India is normal while the same in most households would make you seem like a cheapster and disrespectful towards guests
Rich or poor meat is always on the menu when you invite guests for dinner but I havent observed that to be the case for guests in India

This was my go to spot in BwP for nihari:

1659027913333.jpeg

A965A7C0-45AA-43EF-8D47-733D9E04595D.jpeg

E8616F8E-47DD-4D8B-9AF0-EF6CCE918CAA.jpeg

I remember going to this place on cold mornings in the winter with hands frozen. Ordering nihari that would would warm your soul and eating it in the courtyard in the back. Such good times.

I hate parathas but the tandoori parathas this place makes are out of this world.

Last edited:
So now indians copied nihari too ? How they will make it without cow meat
“InDiAnS CoPiEd NiHaRi”
It’s an Indian dish ffs, originated in Lucknow, maybe you consume it a lot more than Indians but it’s origin is India, just like Biryani.

There is one big difference in how religion has caused different attitudes towards food in India and Pakistan
I have observed that serving only vegetarian food to guests in India is normal while the same in most households would make you seem like a cheapster and disrespectful towards guests
Rich or poor meat is always on the menu when you invite guests for dinner but I havent observed that to be the case for guests in India
Depends on the region of India, in some parts things like this happen:

‘Not without mutton curry’: Odia groom walks out of wedding seeing no mutton on menu, marries another woman​

https://www.opindia.com/2021/06/odi...eing-no-mutton-on-menu-marries-another-woman/

Rwp has better everything than isb……isb can’t even get white channay right! So bland and meh

Jyst to enjoy good tasty breakfast one has to leave isb…..unless your ladies at home can make it

When it comes to nehari, biryani, qorma or haleem, Delhi will most probably beat any city in Pakistan except for Karachi.
Karachi is the nehari and biryani capital of the sub continent, period!

Depends on the region of India, in some parts things like this happen:

‘Not without mutton curry’: Odia groom walks out of wedding seeing no mutton on menu, marries another woman​

https://www.opindia.com/2021/06/odi...eing-no-mutton-on-menu-marries-another-woman/

Pathetic man and family, to cancel a wedding for such a small thing, the to-be bride just dodged a bullet and should thank her stars, though the bullet ended up hitting the woman he married. One can only imagine how this dirty rat will treat his wife.

“InDiAnS CoPiEd NiHaRi”
It’s an Indian dish ffs, originated in Lucknow, maybe you consume it a lot more than Indians but it’s origin is India, just like Biryani.
I dont know about Nihari, but Biryani is from Persia.

This guy doesn''t know a lot about Desi food. I will never eat in an India Restaurant, their food is awful

We only got guju places here that’s why bro. I’m pretty sure other Indian states give a good account of themselves.

This guy doesn''t know a lot about Desi food. I will never eat in an India Restaurant, their food is awful

Our taste palettes are different. Indians will like their food better and Pakistanis will like our own food better.

Even if it’s the same dish preparation and spices differ.

Back
Top Bottom