What's new

Pakistan will launch a two-seater version of JF-17 - Induction of JF-17B in 2017

After looking at JF-17B, I have thought twice that this plane is too small in size for the burden it is trying to carry. Look at the thickness in the middle and then compare it with wing size to feel what I am saying. JF-17 always felt fat, but JF-17B feels more of it.

But I really hope I am wrong and some expert will tell us why is it the way it is.
it feels like that from the abgle you r viewing

did anyone notice the downwards canted nose , that means this will be upgraded for AESA too [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] ....i am enjoying @Deino @CriticalThought

did anyone notice the downwards canted nose , that means this will be upgraded for AESA too [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] ....i am enjoying @Deino @CriticalThought

That's what I thought as well, but if you look at the comparison here

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paki...of-jf-17b-in-2017.362497/page-31#post-9419889

it seems the downwards slope is similar? Can you please reconfirm?

He is right . Everyone says it is ugly. But it is our machine so beauty lies in our hardwork [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4] .

They can't appreciate how this design translates into a mean aircraft. Also, they haven't seen all the angles yet. If it is true that it is shorter, it should mean lesser RCS as well. There is everything to love about this plane!!!

@CriticalThought you are right , but still nose looks bit larger

Maybe it's main purpose will be only for Training ... instead of a mixed use...
ACM mentioned it several times LIFT platform..so my dear brother , this ends our arguement of "only trainer"

That's what I thought as well, but if you look at the comparison here

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paki...of-jf-17b-in-2017.362497/page-31#post-9419889

it seems the downwards slope is similar? Can you please reconfirm?

They can't appreciate how this design translates into a mean aircraft. Also, they haven't seen all the angles yet. If it is true that it is shorter, it should mean lesser RCS as well. There is everything to love about this plane!!!
shorter or larger doesnt relate with RCS completely...J-20 is huge with tiny RCS while SU-27 with similar length had madly Huge RCS

looks like sh!t.... the angle from which the pic has been taken..... to be honest the single seat version also doesn't scores much when it comes to looks.... but this one to me seems to have hit a new low in aircraft beauty pageant!

looks dont matter now. the ugliest air craft in the world is F 35 and is the best outside USA performance wise. all 5th gen jets are bound to look ugly.

we will never see an air craft in future comparable to F-16 in looks. even the latest twin seater versions of the F-16 E/F look like air craft on steroids.

we will never see an air craft in future comparable to F-16 in looks. even the latest twin seater versions of the F-16 E/F look like air craft on steroids.

F-16(not discussing its performance) sets the Gold standard when it comes to looks..... nothing comes close ...... and before Vipers.... F-86 sabre was probably a champ in looks!

This is how it will look in the air
IMG_3204.JPG

Back
Top Bottom