What's new

Pakistan will launch a two-seater version of JF-17 - Induction of JF-17B in 2017

Here it is !!!!! :smitten:

JF-17B first prototype - 20170426 - 1.jpg

Looks very different from jf-17A. The nose seems to be more like a mig. Looks fat brother of JFt. I wonder how it will look from front.

To admit, I'm a bit disappointed. :undecided:

Even if I like the look of the J-10-trainer very much with its spine ... here it looks - at least from this angle - more than odd ....:bad:

I wish they had designed more something like this design ... :smitten:

JF-17B ps.jpg

After looking at JF-17B, I have thought twice that this plane is too small in size for the burden it is trying to carry. Look at the thickness in the middle and then compare it with wing size to feel what I am saying. JF-17 always felt fat, but JF-17B feels more of it.

But I really hope I am wrong and some expert will tell us why is it the way it is.

Last edited:
After looking at JF-17B, I have thought twice that this plane is too small in size for burden it is trying to carry. Look at the thickness in the middle and then compare it with wing size to feel what I am saying.

But I really hope I am wrong and some expert will tell us why is it the way it is.

Maybe it's main purpose will be only for Training ... instead of a mixed use...

Masha Allah. Alhamdolillah

Points to be noted:

1.The upper 'spine' is thicker so as to flow more smoothly from the thicker end of the canopy. Sensible aerodynamic design.

2. The LERX look shorter... but the angle is too bad to really tell. I could be wrong on this one. But from initial looks it looks the shorter LERX terminate on a wing that has more surface area. I can see how they achieved lower wing loading. Would be nice to see the frontal/sideways views.

3. Again, bad viewing angle, but the LERX in JF-17 A Block 1/2 were positioned on the middle of the air intake. Here, they seem to be at the very top of the inlet... but again I could be wrong here. Need a better picture.

4. I don't know if I am seeing my fantasies come true in the picture, but this looks like a low wing configuration, meaning instability in the roll axis. If true, it will increase the maneuverability.

5. The bump of the inlet on top of the wings seems somehow broader and shorter? It could signify increased fuel capacity, or in general, increased internal volume. My eyes aren't very good at catching subtle differences I am afraid.

6. Overall, the design seems reminiscent of FA-18... shorter, and more curved in the middle.

7. The tail, as promised, is slightly taller. The parachute tube doesn't seem to extend as much. Could it signify a smaller cute, meaning a shorter landing distance as well?

I need another pair of eyes to reconfirm what I have said above.

@MarvellousThunder@PDC @Oscar @Windjammer @Bilal Khan 777 @The SC

Mate, get reservations for two then, I am also looking to check my eyes for the same reason.

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. A non-mathematician cannot appreciate the beauty of an integral equation, for the mathematician it summarizes a whole world of information into a short space. This is a perfectly beautiful aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom