What's new

Pakistan protests India glacier tourism plan

Everyone wears white military winter jacket suits up there.
And Siachen is a place where all of India's percieved military advantages are cancelled out. Up there it's just about a man and his gun and guts. Advantages are in the form of heights which India currently holds, but obviously this can be neutralized by surprising India. Like always, the Indian chowkidar will be asleep and then cry "humein sonay kion diya"?

Er....so Pakistan is gonna attack India through a passage of the width of a straw? Lol...you seriously need to rethink your battle plans buddy.

Indian chowkidaar eh? Wasn't the PA sleeping when India supposedly occupied siachen in the first place? Sheesh...with the measly presence of PA there, the Indian army can march through any day.

But we choose to hold back and try to resolve the issue diplomatically, while Pakistan keeps doing cheap attacks during the winter months. Its sad really.

Last time in Kargil Pakistan did not support the handful of men who took Indian outposts. In Siachin the PAF and PA will, so it will be a very different story my friend.

Of course....how could I forget...they were "freedom fighters"....all concerned Pakistani civilians come to liberate Kashmir from the hands of the evil hindus and sikhs.

Last time in Kargil Pakistan did not support the handful of men who took Indian outposts. In Siachin the PAF and PA will, so it will be a very different story my friend.

What makes you think so. India would send its naval fleet to south of Karachi and that would force US to ask pakistan to stop the action.

Isn't the point not to be clever?

Wait a while work out an agreement... It seems close, another 3-4 years won't hurt the Indian economy.

The point you noted is exactly why it shouldn't be done. If a westerner dies, India will say Pakistanis did it, Pak would say India did it and the whole process derails.

That maybe is the point!

Sardar Manmohan has ensured that Pakistan cannot upset the status quo with any belligerent action.

If a westerner dies because of Pakistani action, then there will fireworks in all aspect, political, financial, economic and maybe military.

That is why I have said Sardar Manmohan is being cleverer by half!

Smart Sardar!

Do you really expect there to be no conflict in that area ever again? No, that is not possible.

I sincerely hope that there is no conflict between India and Pakistan.

I find it a total waste and a millstone around our necks, which is stopping all progress for our countries and improvement for our people.

Personally, I feel that both India and Pakistan has for too long been under the Poverty Line, when in actuality, if we use our resources and finances wisely and without wasteful wars amd huge armies, we will be as good as any in the world.

I don't mean becoming Superpowers. I find that another illusion that need not be a benchmark. It is adequate if we can give our people health, education. health care and jobs.

If one has been on these heights, one will realise that wars in such heights are very time consuming and strenuous. There being no vegetation, any movement can be observed for miles provided there is no intervening features.

For instance, the Tiger Hill battle took 11 hours or so. It is not the question of the battle alone, it also involved the climb and move. It is immensely difficult to move on the trot in the High Altitude owing to the rarefied atmosphere. Likewise, the ballistic signature of weapons go awry!

I read in one of the post that had the PAF been used, things would be different. That is not so. Again, the rarefied atmosphere plays havoc and what is worse since the pinnacles where the troops are is small, bombs and arty shells normally fall under or over and there is very little effect of the arty shelling unless it is done in preponderance. That is also a problem since shoot and scoot has to be done as the Counter Bombardment can play havoc since the deployment areas are few in the mountains and most have been registered by predicted fire. Hence, a whole lot of ammunition cannot be stored on ground!

That is an explanation that has been given very simplistically with the basic and is applicable to high altitude mountain warfare.

There is no peace solution with this country. The sooner we realize the better. Kargil wasnt mistake if the damn primeminister of pakistan didnt had to loose his balls to withdrawl pakistani forces unconditionaly.
Salim we would had avenge 71 long ago unfoturnately, our pathetic governments screwed us, but we will sooner or later.

There is no peace solution with this country. The sooner we realize the better. Kargil wasnt mistake if the damn primeminister of pakistan didnt had to loose his balls to withdrawl pakistani forces unconditionaly.
Salim we would had avenge 71 long ago unfoturnately, our pathetic governments screwed us, but we will sooner or later.

Good luck to you.

I wonder who will be the catspaw for that round!

And anyway the 'damn Prime Minister' is rocking the Pakistani political boat right now!

And anyway the 'damn Prime Minister' is rocking the Pakistani political boat right now!

You are sadly mistaken about that. I can gurrantee you that, he isnt going to come anywere close to pakistani politics in the near future.

Amen!

I thought someone posted the percentage of popularity on this forum and it was favourable!

If that be true, then one wonders.

NEW DELHI, Sept 18 (Reuters) - India will go ahead with a trekking expedition to the disputed Siachen Glacier in Kashmir as scheduled despite strong opposition from Pakistan, a defence ministry spokesman said Tuesday. “It's a routine mountaineering activity which should not be viewed in any other way. The expedition is taking place in an area which is ours,” he said. A group of 40 trekkers, mostly scout cadets and Indian Military Academy trainees, would leave for the region on Wednesday for the 22-day expedition, he added. (Posted @ 17:00 PST)
- DAWN - Latest Stories; September 18, 2007

Its time to test Turkish howitzers...

Its time to test Turkish howitzers...

You must.

It will be great for their battle inoculation!

Realistic and uncontrolled fire without safety norms is ideal for the battle inoculation.

My answer was to counter to your answer that this area doesent mean that much that a war could be fought of the basis on it, RIGHT.

What makes you feel that our Land is not worth more than our lives? What makes you feel that we lack the fervour that you possess?
Where did i said that ??

It will be good to remember that to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

indian Army Attack to capture Siachin, we were not starting a war but we were defending a agression that was put forward by our peaceful neighbors.

Saradar Manmohan is doing just that in Siachen - supreme excellence consists in breaking Pakistan's claim without fighting.
If you allow tourists in Kashmire, do you think we will accept it as your part ?? no. i dont see any excelence in it rather a decision to end the peace process.

If one is not prepared and is ill equipped and still wishes to fight, then it is a very odd and obtuse a contention that you put forth.
Fight was not started by us, we have no chance except to defend it, Pakistan had no experiance of HAW but india after beaten by China in 1962 trained their army for this kind of warfare
so saying that Pakistan was ready for it, is itself a lame excuse.

Do please give some intelligence and credit to the Pakistani Army and its Generals. They are not madcaps to have a war unprepared and ill equipped.

again ! the war was not started by us we got no chance except to defend with all the sources we have. so Pakistan Army Generals deserve the best that they have provided
us best. we are proud of our Generals.

& at last, I am not in the favour of War, but if it is the last option, then Go for it.

Regards
Wilco :pakistan:

What is wrong with everyone on this forum. It is just a measly trekking expedition for heaven's sake.
The land is under Indian control already. India can do whatever the hell it pleases with it. How is a trekking expedition harmful for the peace process when the land is already under military control?
Please put things in perspective before protesting.

What is wrong with everyone on this forum. It is just a measly trekking expedition for heaven's sake.
The land is under Indian control already. India can do whatever the hell it pleases with it. How is a trekking expedition harmful for the peace process when the land is already under military control?
Please put things in perspective before protesting.

you are an Indian so you are not felling it, but it is a cheep move by Manmohan singh & company to distract Pakistan from its routs. the area was a Dispute.
& tomorrow Dont say anything to usm if any one the Mountainer Dies mysteriously.

you should be looking towards Peace not that you should be finding reasons to start a war, that unfortunately India is doing right now, they dont listen us on Kashmire, & now Sichain.

Mark my Words, if it continue like this you are gona see a disaster, & the country responsibal for that will be India.

Regards
Wilco :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom