What's new

Pakistan hopes MBS will make brief stopover

The Arab railways are in building for many years. But the biggest beneficiary of this project apart from Arabs could be India as we are direct naval neighbor. They can fulfill our huge energy demand, while we can take a more economic route to Europe which will save us some forex.
People are focusing on the European market, but it also opens up the Middle East market to Indian goods as more manufacturing moves out of China. Also, this makes the route to Israel much cheaper and more robust. The purpose of the US involvement is to change supply chains in favour of its allies and bind them closer economically to build a global economic bloc that will challenge and undermine BRI.

The point of ships, trains, roads, planes is to transport cargo , not to make trips. It is not like the cargo is manufactured at the loading dock and consumed at the unloading dock currently. Other means of transportation over multiple legs are already involved. As others have said, it is an alternative to the Suez rate.
Obviously, my point was why take cargo off a ship, to move it overland to then put it back on a ship. Shipping by sea is the cheapest cost, if a ship leaves Mumbai it can get to Europe just fine by sea. Only items thatched to live quickly would benefit by shipping overland in between the two sea voyages.

Obviously, my point was why take cargo off a ship, to move it overland to then put it back on a ship. Shipping by sea is the cheapest cost, if a ship leaves Mumbai it can get to Europe just fine by sea. Only items thatched to live quickly would benefit by shipping overland in between the two sea voyages.
For cargo from India, the Suez route is longer and passage through the canal is expensive. The canal is also close to capacity and will be more congested and expensive in future . And not all of the cargo will be between India and Europe. This will provide a fillip to trade between the Arabs, India and Israel. I am sure the Americans will also try to build similar corridors for ASEAN/ Japan/Australia, Africa and the Americas and integrate them globally.

Only items thatched to live quickly would benefit by shipping overland in between the two sea voyages.

Any item in TRANSIT is a cost you fail to understand. A 40% reduction in transit means less cost. TRANSIT IS COST.

Well Army + PDM teaspoons … as expected MBS didn’t even stop over ….

Lololol

Please educate us again how you will get $25B from KSA ?

I mean seriously you clowns could not even get one thing right
Not clowns.. Fools and village idiots…

Any item in TRANSIT is a cost you fail to understand. A 40% reduction in transit means less cost. TRANSIT IS COST.
Everybody is just talking about trade and goods, but this also opens a route for food transport.

Perishables will benefit, if the transit route is shorter.

If am not wrong there was a study done, to make under sea train route like the connection between UK and France. If something like that can happen between Gulf states and India, it will be a game changer. The cost initially will be enormous, but then benefits will be long-term.

The Chabahar route, is more about connecting Russia and Iran to Indian region as much as it is for giving India a route towards Russia and Europe.

Both this route and Chabahar are not going to cut out each other.

The bigger picture here is that CPEC will be neutralized down the road.

@Meengla you might remember me mentioning this before; I'm happy to be validated. Pakistan's utility in the region is no longer required and replaced by a healthy horse rather than a dead one that needs to be carried around; almost all our close allies have had it hearing the same begging speech.

Now you have those retards touting SIFC as if it's some miracle that will save Pakistan. Let me say and mark my words this: to will fail, but it will serve its purpose of funneling funds.

There's still a chance, Pakistan is still trying for MBS to have a stopover while returning back from India.

Hope all your hard work pays off Pakistan ♥️
Passage through Pakistan ? ... how ? ....bring Nawaz into power to execute others' dreams? ..Nawaz has now hand picked COAS Munir...what stopping him ..failed to understand. ...

From China’s perspective CPEC gives its western part access to the Arabian Sea. Iran will be connected as well.

The BRI however is a bigger project connecting multiple countries. You’d have China connecting via CAR to Iran and Chahbahar. As well as to the Middle East. And this will be an all out land route. Hence it makes sense for Arabs not to jump into either the US or Chinese camp.

The Chinese have been doing the same in the Eastern part, but with high speed rail. South East China to Laos to Thailand to eventually Malaysia, Singapore.

We can't be sure as of today which is cheaper mode? Suez or this Land-Sea route. Because the Suez is already crowded, this route which is far more faster could give time advantage over transportation cost, finally resulting in better ROI than Suez. So, we need to wait to see if this project is financially visible for the Indian or other nations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom