What's new

Pakistan protests India glacier tourism plan

Not threat to the peace of Siachin because there was no peace on Siachin nor there as any ceasfire on the very glaciar.

Rather its threat to peace of the entire region as India by declaring a Pakistani Territory as Indian tourist spot or for that matter developing it as a tourism spot it tantamount to making it another flash point as its a disputed territory and not part of India.

MS who are we trying to convience here? Its like talking to a wall. They will come with vague arguments after arguments. And seriously there isnt any point of protesting from pakistan's point of view as India doesnt give rats *** about what pakistan has to say nor does US as one can clearly see the tilt in there foreign policy regarding India so whats the point then. If we need to take it then take with force and just force, other then that its waste of time and energy.

Not threat to the peace of Siachin because there was no peace on Siachin nor there as any ceasfire on the very glaciar.

Rather its threat to peace of the entire region as India by declaring a Pakistani Territory as Indian tourist spot or for that matter developing it as a tourism spot it tantamount to making it another flash point as its a disputed territory and not part of India.

The whole of Kashmir is a disputed territory.Now don't tell me there are no tourists in pakistan administered kashmir.And there are tourists on the Indian side too.So why should siachen be any different?

The whole of Kashmir is a disputed territory.Now don't tell me there are no tourists in pakistan administered kashmir.And there are tourists on the Indian side too.So why should siachen be any different?

you cant compare Kashmir with Siachin. like you cannot Compare Mango with Orange.

Regards
Wilco

MS who are we trying to convience here? Its like talking to a wall. They will come with vague arguments after arguments. And seriously there isnt any point of protesting from pakistan's point of view as India doesnt give rats *** about what pakistan has to say nor does US as one can clearly see the tilt in there foreign policy regarding India so whats the point then. If we need to take it then take with force and just force, other then that its waste of time and energy.

:) i think you are right.
They even can not come with vague arguments.
I agree that with recent tilt in US policy its also a wast of time yo protest officially but even i think we should atleast raise the issue officially.

Ice COld interstngly someone here raised the point that in the past there had been such Trreking on the Siachin illegally occupied by INDIA.
But one thing they forget that all those activites were done after taking permission from PAKISTAN as Siachin is Pakistani Territory.
Even the expedition carried by Col Kumar of India was done after getting Permission from Pakistan.

Now this time India while taking Advantage of our internal and external problems had come up with this another thieves like idea to start tourism im our territory illegly occupied them.

Yes it be different because it was occupy by India in 1984 illegaly.
its intresting that after 3 decades one fine morning the Handians woke up and find that Siachin be their part.

while Kashmir problem is since 1947. We did not object to tourism in Indian Held Kashmir so no relevence of mentioning it by you here in this context.

Yes it be different because it was occupy by India in 1984 illegaly.

Show me ANY LEGAL statement which states that we should not occupy siachen?
You are a journalist right and I am sure you understand the difference between a column in a newspaper and a legal enforceable document, show me one?

I would fire a few shots and if they are still there then they have no problems in interfering between Pakistan and India... So collateral... That would be clear to followers.

I would fire a few shots and if they are still there then they have no problems in interfering between Pakistan and India... So collateral... That would be clear to followers.

Your post kinda confused me. Are you suggesting that the PA fires shots in the air to scare off the trekkers or at them in order to kill them?? If they happen to be Indians you have a war on your hands. If they are not Indian, you have an even bigger problem.

Your post kinda confused me. Are you suggesting that the PA fires shots in the air to scare off the trekkers or at them in order to kill them?? If they happen to be Indians you have a war on your hands. If they are not Indian, you have an even bigger problem.

Err... innocent people in Kashmir get killed almost every time there is an exchange between the two armies along the LOC (good thing the guns have been silent for a while now), how many wars have those deaths started? Or are you saying that because these people are from "India proper" their lives are worth more?
These trekkers are deliberately taking the risk of going into a battle zone (as would any foreign trekkers) - the responsibility lies with them.

What if the Indians took advantage of the trekkers presence to launch an assault against Pakistani positions? Are we supposed to hold fire and not retaliate because some tourists are snapping pictures and toasting marshmallows?

Err... innocent people in Kashmir get killed almost every time there is an exchange between the two armies along the LOC (good thing the guns have been silent for a while now), how many wars have those deaths started? Or are you saying that because these people are from "India proper" their lives are worth more?
These trekkers are deliberately taking the risk of going into a battle zone (as would any foreign trekkers) - the responsibility lies with them.

What if the Indians took advantage of the trekkers presence to launch an assault against Pakistani positions? Are we supposed to hold fire and not retaliate because some tourists are snapping pictures and toasting marshmallows?

Retaliate?? Against the tourists? Were they shooting you with pea-shooters or something? Are you so frustrated about not being able to dislodge the Indian soldiers from the glacier that you now want to kill harmless tourists who have no way of fighting back?

Munir was suggesting targetting the tourists purposely. You may claim that as collateral but we both know its not the same thing.

Retaliate?? Against the tourists? Were they shooting you with pea-shooters or something? Are you so frustrated about not being able to dislodge the Indian soldiers from the glacier that you now want to kill harmless tourists who have no way of fighting back?

Munir was suggesting targetting the tourists purposely. You may claim that as collateral but we both know its not the same thing.

You know it is extremely silly to take one phrase or word out of an entire sentence or paragraph and then use it to argue in favor of your position by taking it completely out of context. If you cannot come up with good arguments then no need for turning to pointless comments. Let me post that complete paragraph again:

Hypothetically, if the Indians (who belong to the military, if you really need me to be that specific) initiate an assault, then the tourists could become collateral damage in a retaliation or counterattack. Pakistan will just be defending itself - its India's fault for inviting the trekkers into a war zone.

I say that Kashmir is occupied by India and indeed is a warzone. If you ignore the terrorizing and killing then yes you should start tourist activities...

While Pakistan Protests Tourism Plan....see the report from Ground Zero

From Ground Zero: Conquering Siachen, trekker style

Video Link- From Ground Zero: Conquering Siachen, trekker style: IBNLive.com > Videos

....The Journey Continues....

Protests or No protests The first Civilian trek to the Siachen Glacier in over 30 years was successfully completed on October 8

From Ground Zero: On top of Siachen, in tears

Video Link- From Ground Zero: On top of Siachen, in tears : IBNLive.com > Videos

Rasika Tyagi / CNN-IBN

Published on Thursday , October 11, 2007 at 23:30 in Nation section

The first Civilian trek to the Siachen Glacier in over 30 years was successfully completed on October 8 with all the 22 members reaching back to Base camp safe and sound. CNN-IBN’s Rasika Tyagi was part of the eight-day trek. After walking 120 kilometers on the longest glacier outside the poles she filed the story.

Kumar Post, Siachen: Reaching the Siachen Glacier for our 22-member team and me was a moment achievement and pride.

After walking for four days through moraine over ice bridges and crevasses and just seeing the white tents of Kumar Post, reduced most of us to tears.

“They said I would never make it but I have,” said a trekker, Rutuja Wakankar.

It was time to celebrate with flags, as it was a historic picture for the first civilians in three decades at the world’s highest battlefield. Till just four years back India and Pakistan traded gunfire here.

Soldiers believe the spirit of Om Prakash a martyred soldier, guards all those who dare to serve at Siachen at heights of over 23, 000 feet, and temperatures as low as minus 40 degrees Celsius. And I join them in praying for a safe journey back to our base camp.

The walk back is faster and we are minor veterans now. And there's a huge motivation to reach base camp.

Mean while at the camp, not just a bath but a toilet with a pot, running water, a mirror things I took for granted are now so precious I can only admire the soldiers who live here for three months at a time I have had enough in just eight days.

Protests or No protests The first Civilian trek to the Siachen Glacier in over 30 years was successfully completed on October 8

From Ground Zero: On top of Siachen, in tears

Video Link- From Ground Zero: On top of Siachen, in tears : IBNLive.com > Videos

Rasika Tyagi / CNN-IBN

Published on Thursday , October 11, 2007 at 23:30 in Nation section

The first Civilian trek to the Siachen Glacier in over 30 years was successfully completed on October 8 with all the 22 members reaching back to Base camp safe and sound. CNN-IBN’s Rasika Tyagi was part of the eight-day trek. After walking 120 kilometers on the longest glacier outside the poles she filed the story.

Kumar Post, Siachen: Reaching the Siachen Glacier for our 22-member team and me was a moment achievement and pride.

After walking for four days through moraine over ice bridges and crevasses and just seeing the white tents of Kumar Post, reduced most of us to tears.

“They said I would never make it but I have,” said a trekker, Rutuja Wakankar.

It was time to celebrate with flags, as it was a historic picture for the first civilians in three decades at the world’s highest battlefield. Till just four years back India and Pakistan traded gunfire here.

Soldiers believe the spirit of Om Prakash a martyred soldier, guards all those who dare to serve at Siachen at heights of over 23, 000 feet, and temperatures as low as minus 40 degrees Celsius. And I join them in praying for a safe journey back to our base camp.

The walk back is faster and we are minor veterans now. And there's a huge motivation to reach base camp.

Mean while at the camp, not just a bath but a toilet with a pot, running water, a mirror things I took for granted are now so precious I can only admire the soldiers who live here for three months at a time I have had enough in just eight days.

Thankyou for proving all people that said only a jihad in kashmir will bring peace correct.

So, jihad it is, is what you are advocating.

None can stop you from doing what your mind wants.

Hardly anything to prove to all people actually!

So, jihad it is, is what you are advocating.

Call it what you want........ jihad,freedom movement ect.
But trying to come to a fair solution to the problem through negotiations with india has not worked and will not work.
Has india budged 1 inch from its stated policy?
Pakistan needs to reactivate the the commanders in kashmir,which i think has happened during the last couple of weeks with the killing of indian soldiers and officers.
With increased violence in kashmir i bet you will not find many tourist willing to go on a trip to the siachen Glacier.

Back
Top Bottom