What's new

Pakistan Army received it's first Agusta Westland 139 Helicopter.

You require the best to carry high level officials and this is the best

Bro, not too late though since this EC 725 Super Cougar/ Caracal is in different league, it is in Augusta AW 101 level.....

Come on, brothers should stick to each other..........:D

Augusta AW 101

Westland.eh101.merlin.fairford.arp.jpg

EC 725 Super Cougar/Caracal

self-protection-systems-for-ec725-caracal-050210yourfile.gif

EC-725+Cougar+Helicopter.JPG
i think super Cougar and aw101 is in same league with mi-26?

According to Allen Warns these choppers were for PAF and GOP drop purchase of S70 from US .

Yeah, may be India can provide pakistan the account# to pay them bribe. Unlike western countries desis have adjustment mentality wrt corruption. Hope pakistan has taken all due safeguards for ordering the choppers.

Does pakistan have tender process for procurement or is it direct govt2govt contract?
U mean the one like India's fighter jet acquisition program, the one which has become a source of amusement for us.....give us a break!
:D

A total of 11 AW 139s are already in service in Pakistan with 5 aircraft operated for Government relief and transportation duties while the upcoming lot which would be delivered in 2017 would be used for your search and rescue missions and they will be equipped accordingly.
The contract is part of a fleet renewal programme spread over several batches including a logistic support and training package.

Last edited:
With no signs of new dams being built and floods every year,it's a good idea to have a large fleet of rescue helicopters. The army MI-17 fleets get the strain and keep crashing

i think super Cougar and aw101 is in same league with mi-26?

Mi-26 is a giant actually

Super Cougar is a bit smaller than Augusta AW 101 but can be put in the same class for transport role.

I want to mention one thing,is there any possibility that we go for a transfer of technology or even less just we can demand of assembling these choppers in our PAC kamra. For giving some experience to our man which are doing best from couple of decades to overhaul Mirage's and now manufacturing JFT 17 they assembles these chopper and for future we can go for self production with help of turkish or chinese counterparts thanks waiting for a serious reply

Noticed the wiki page for Pakistan Aviation corps is missing the 11 Agusta helicopters we are already suppose to have also the Navy page has no mention of existing 11 Agusta

If someone makes regular updates perhaps the Aviation corps page for Pakistan should be updated or under the Navy

I imagine the new batch would be on top of the existing 11 as the article stated

pakistan already have 6 of them in service so its ok to be more

11 sir, We have a total of AW 139 in service.
These are being used in search and rescue, relief duties at time of some disaster and for non-military transport (Mainly government officials transport).
These are being used by 6th Aviation Squadron Cabinet Division .
Also in use of PM sahib.

aw139_jan7.jpg

Relief Operation

1101534754-1.jpg

Fighting Margalla Hills Wild Fire

six-052_aug27.jpg

Transport Duty - This is from 2010 when AW139 made an emergency landing. The chopper was carrying media people and some army officials from AJK to Islamabad.

K5012_dec25p.jpg

PM Transport!
Agusta Westland AW139 that carried PMs Sharif and Modi from Lahore Airport to PM Sharif's residence in Jati Umra.

These new procurement are almost sure to be used in same role. The plan is to increase the numbers for the gov. transportation and will also be used in relief operation. Not meant for NAVY. Quite an expensive platform and would have made sense if we opted for Mi17 for relief operations. This is the reason i said that these are most likely to go into VIP transport/relief operations as there would have been better and cheaper options if we were going to buy for military and thus buy in numbers.

Noticed the wiki page for Pakistan Aviation corps is missing the 11 Agusta helicopters we are already suppose to have also the Navy page has no mention of existing 11 Agusta

If someone makes regular updates perhaps the Aviation corps page for Pakistan should be updated or under the Navy

I imagine the new batch would be on top of the existing 11 as the article stated

Sir those 11 are NOT for military use. That is why you did not found them on that page. :-)

Back
Top Bottom