What's new

Pakistan Army received it's first Agusta Westland 139 Helicopter.

Well that was wayyyyy too rough don't you think,, number estimates from 24 to three times more 70? :lol: This is a HUGE range sir. Either 24 or THREE time that number :P

As for the submarines comparison, any idea what that ONE sub cost in comparison to one helicopter? Any comparison of how HUGE that project was compared to this one? Isn't it like saying that we will get ToT for 50 assault rifles that we are going to buy because we got ToT for the submarines too and they were ONLY 3! :lol:
I am sorry sir but you are absolutely wrong here.

Firstly, It wont EVER be like 70 helicopters. NEVER
AND
If by some strange twist of fate they were 70 (and i feel sorry for myself writing this number) there still wont be any ToT involved. It doesn't makes any sense.THIS I CAN SAY WITH SURETY
As for number, i do not think they will be more then a dozen, MAXIMUM!!

@Oscar @Horus do you people have any estimates?
Oh please do not get lost in the purchased numbers and ignore the future needs which I mentioned are numerous and if Pakistan's economy gets better...which insha-Allah, it will with CPEC especially... there will be a huge need of airborne support along the thousands of kilometers of the CPEC

Last edited:
Well that was wayyyyy too rough don't you think,, number estimates from 24 to three times more 70? :lol: This is a HUGE range sir. Either 24 or THREE time that number :P

As for the submarines comparison, any idea what that ONE sub cost in comparison to one helicopter? Any comparison of how HUGE that project was compared to this one? Isn't it like saying that we will get ToT for 50 assault rifles that we are going to buy because we got ToT for the submarines too and they were ONLY 3! :lol:
I am sorry sir but you are absolutely wrong here.

Firstly, It wont EVER be like 70 helicopters. NEVER
AND
If by some strange twist of fate they were 70 (and i feel sorry for myself writing this number) there still wont be any ToT involved. It doesn't makes any sense.THIS I CAN SAY WITH SURETY
As for number, i do not think they will be more then a dozen, MAXIMUM!!

@Oscar @Horus do you people have any estimates?

Still there is NOTHING about the number being 40!! Not even an indication that it can be as high as that.

I think you were confused by "spread over several batches" part. It do not means that there will be several batches of helicopters coming but merely that the "program" is spread over several batches/parts. This most likely includes up gradations of the existing fleet, parts or maintenance. Training perhaps. New choppers and there support facility etc.

Just looking at the price and then check what these choppers will actually OFFER us, i hope the number is low and only for SAR and routine security and patrol etc.
Sir, according to wiki (untrustworthy) Pakistan army is going to get 15 UH-1Y Venom in 2018, if this is the case then it does indicate Pakistan Army is thinking to replace these with AW-139.
http://www.janes.com/article/53825/dod-awards-pakistan-ah-1z-contract

More over in the same list are 45 SA 330 PUMA which are used for high level operations. There were talks regarding procuring more of these aircraft through Romania or find replacements. Romania is going to be making the H215 Super Puma.
http://quwa.org/2016/04/25/romania-pakistan-eager-strengthen-defence-ties/

need to check their cost and parameters of their selection
A total of 11AW139s are already in service in Pakistan, with 5 aircraft operated for Government relief and transportation duties.

Also these are mainly used by Government agencies and we had been using these for quite sometime.

And i think these would be used by the government and not by military.

In case you want to buy Augusta AW 101

Augusta AW 101

Westland.eh101.merlin.fairford.arp.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EC 725 Cougar ( 20 Million USD) vs Augusta AW 101 (21 Million USD)

EC 725 Cougar can be a bit cheaper because of several production policy. The fuselage production is not only in France, Europe (high cost labor). For instant, Indonesia has contract with Airbus to make around 100 fuselage of EC 725 Cougar. The contract is a new one though. Brazil is also part of the production base. So less expensive is not necessarily less in quality.
Bro stop marketing your EC 725 Cougar, you're a bit late we just made an order for Augusta :yay::yay::yay::yay:

How many will you exactly call "large numbers"

What rummer/Rumor? where you heard that? Is it just you who is trying to spread this rumor or you heard it from someone else?
It will be great if we can keep calm and do not indulge ourselves into speculating,, FOR ONCE!! PLEASE?

:lol:
Those were Mig21
Everything thing that Russians make are not flying coffins, educate yourself.

Mi17 is among the worlds most trusted and common transport chopper. PA MUST have invested in those, specially with the new Chinese line in operation. However, i do not think that these AW139 are meant for military transport to begin with so Mi17s and there value to PAA is a non-issue here.
six052-fma-005.jpg

These AW139 are most likely for SAR and VIP transport. I hope we can give a couple of these to NDMA so they stop looking toward army for every other land slide. Some may even go to CPEC project and for Gwadar security patrol. These are all speculation for now but one thing i am confident about is that these wont end us as a transport helicopter with Pakistan army aviation for assault troops.

AND

all said, i do feel that there were many other better options available compared to this quite expensive one. I hope Panama is not getting richer because of this deal. Not that i have got anything against the people of Panama.

@HRK @Slav Defence @Irfan Baloch @Oscar @Icarus @Horus @TaimiKhan
You people may want to put end to a few speculations here.

As it was expected and mentioned:

Pakistan signs up for more AW139 helos
http://www.janes.com/article/60600/pakistan-signs-up-for-more-aw139-helos

Pakistan has signed a contract for an undisclosed number of AgustaWestland AW139 intermediate twin-engine helicopters, Italian defence group Leonardo-Finmeccanica announced on 24 May.

The contract is part of a fleet renewal programme spread over several batches, including a logistic support and training package. The AW139s, deliveries of which are expected in 2017, will be used to perform search-and-rescue (SAR) operations across the country, said the AgustaWestland parent company.

A total of 11 AW139s are already in service in Pakistan, with five aircraft operated for government relief and transportation duties

Sir you just explained it very well, These boys are only here for very specific duties ,like can say mainly for non-military things or humanitarian stuff if you like to call it.
Thank you

Bro stop marketing your EC 725 Cougar, you're a bit late we just made an order for Augusta :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Bro, not too late though since this EC 725 Super Cougar/ Caracal is in different league, it is in Augusta AW 101 level.....

Come on, brothers should stick to each other..........:D

Augusta AW 101

EC 725 Super Cougar/Caracal

self-protection-systems-for-ec725-caracal-050210yourfile.gif

EC-725+Cougar+Helicopter.JPG

Last edited:
Pakistan already operates the AW139 in the VIP role and same choppers are used for Search & Rescue. With CPEC and other developments Pakistan now needs a larger number of helicopters to ferry important people. The new PA acquisition will probably be for same role of transporting VIPs and have the additional role of SAR when needed.

rbyvM.jpg

aw_139.jpg

Selab kay doran yhe helicopter relief work mein use hotey hain

Bro, not too late though since this EC 725 Super Cougar/ Caracal is in different league, it is in Augusta AW 101 level.....

Come on, brothers should stick to each other..........:D

Augusta AW 101

EC 725 Super Cougar/Caracal

self-protection-systems-for-ec725-caracal-050210yourfile.gif

EC-725+Cougar+Helicopter.JPG
When Pakistan Army would be looking for gunships then advertise...Till that time enjoy reading about the Agosta...

Back
Top Bottom