What's new

Successful Trials Of AW139 helicopter in Pakistan

LoL to All Pakistan military officals please considered above mention recommendations ;)

Unfortunately Military officals are so dump that they dont know ,a Used F16 can do sorties with 8 passengers as well as 2 pilots;)

They should immediately order to build runways on every corner of Karakorum ranges so that our F16s can perform relief and rescue operations at 16,300 feet .

You obviously didn't understand a thing about my post. These are the post when you wonder if you are speaking to a child in high school or an actual mature person.

Pakistan has a serious shortfall of the fighter jets. Its a known issue since the 90's. Compared to a transport heli that's very costly, a more viable investment is to use these funds to obtain more used F-16's to defend yourself with. For the same capability, I've provided many other options that are around half the price and they still do carry 12-18 passengers and loads and are battle proven.

Next time, don't quote me for an argument. I don't do those with children. Post something factual and mature and I'll respond. Adios!

i thought the uh-60 was rejected in retaliation of the collaspe of the f16 deal.
the UH-60 was rejected due to the deal but it was a preference because the SAR variant of it is something that is operational and tested. The AW-139 is flying but a military SAR variant of it is not.

the UH-60 was rejected due to the deal but it was a preference because the SAR variant of it is something that is operational and tested. The AW-139 is flying but a military SAR variant of it is not.

What are these choppers going to be used for ? Are they for ASW for navy or is it the army that wants to induct them?

Wouldn't it be better (in case they are for army) that they buy more MIs rather than limited numbers of AWs?

Or will these be used for VIP duties like the Agustas being used by the GOP etc?

What are these choppers going to be used for ? Are they for ASW for navy or is it the army that wants to induct them?

Wouldn't it be better (in case they are for army) that they buy more MIs rather than limited numbers of AWs?

Or will these be used for VIP duties like the Agustas being used by the GOP etc?
The Allouettes were outdated for SAR and the Mi-17s were not enough.

Agusta Westland has a history of manufacturing helicopters that have been used in civilian and military roles. The AW-139 has a militarized version in service already with the Italians.

What remains to be seen is if Pakistan tries to save pennies and buy a civilian version of this helo like they have done in the past with the Mi-8/17 or not.

(SInce I cant post a link, just google army-technology and aw139m)

UH-60 is a fine helicopter, but the costs of acquisition or operations are not less than any other contemporary helicopter.

so im right then mind you i would go for them same to the aw139 is a sold platform even when aw pitched the 149 to them they still went for the 139. the 149 is in between the 101 and the 139

so im right then mind you i would go for them same to the aw139 is a sold platform even when aw pitched the 149 to them they still went for the 139. the 149 is in between the 101 and the 139
AW149 is a further development of the AW139 and shares much of the same dna. Though it has no customers yet and Pakistan should not be the launch customer for new helicopters. The Italians also rejected it in favor of the smaller and versatile AW139.
Also the 149 being a newer platform, it would mean higher costs and certifications. Btw, where did you read that it was pitched to Pakistan? Which in itself is nothing special ... im sure a company would pitch everything in its portfolio to make a buck w a potential client. That in itself does not mean anything, like what you seem to be implying.

We are looking for helos, what are the cheaper alternatives.
Buy reliable helo rather than buying cheaper which will crash eventually you buy another helo to replace it better buy one better

And this helo can take a medium weight more than our MI 17 HELOS this capability we needed

And loose the cheaper mentality look last 4 years of helicopter crashes in Pakistan of MI 17 total 28 crashes so better buy new available helo

And top of it it drinks lesser fuel

Buy reliable helo rather than buying cheaper which will crash eventually you buy another helo to replace it better buy one better

And this helo can take a medium weight more than our MI 17 HELOS this capability we needed

And loose the cheaper mentality look last 4 years of helicopter crashes in Pakistan of MI 17 total 28 crashes so better buy new available helo

And top of it it drinks lesser fuel

No planning leads to forced decisions that cost more over time than a properly evaluated process to procure the best option instead of the cheapest. Hodge-podge solutions are what we see in Pak nowadays. Sure being affordable is a parameter but affordability is not the same thing as cheapest per price.

DJViper is correct. Pak planners, if there are any, have a habit of fighting the last battle that too a decade late. Seen it with infantry equipment, frigates, missile boats, missiles, sams, radars, subs, armor, and even the jf17. Leads to stop-gap purchases that are already close to being obsolete vis a vis the prime adversaries. Perpetual catching up that actually costs more.

AW139 also has a military variant in the aw149/aw189. Wouldn't be a bad base for future heli based solutions including sar and asw.
AW149-34h.jpg

If i remember correctly Turkey was offered this as well, with tot.

Wow, that's one expensive heli Pakistan wants to buy without having combat capability. This puppy is state of the art and comes for around Euros 8-10 million, meaning like 12-14 Million dollars!!

You could get a used F-16 A/B for this much money and MLU it for another couple of millions and extend the service life for the next 10 years with FALCON/STAR upgrades!!
It's probably not meant for combat.

It's probably not meant for combat.

That was exactly my point. Its meant for high altitude troop and supply drop offs. But the issue is, if you aren't getting combat ability out of it (dual use), then wouldn't it make more sense to get cheaper heli's, or even put up an assembly line for license production of the Z-18 and / or Z-20? That would be a much for fruitful, long-term and strategic initiative. In the meantime, they can buy a few new MI-17's with different configuration for higher altitude ops for like 40% of the cost compared to Augusta's heli's.

Just saying, money should be well spent if you are in a financial ditch and trying to get out.

That was exactly my point. Its meant for high altitude troop and supply drop offs. But the issue is, if you aren't getting combat ability out of it (dual use), then wouldn't it make more sense to get cheaper heli's, or even put up an assembly line for license production of the Z-18 and / or Z-20? That would be a much for fruitful, long-term and strategic initiative. In the meantime, they can buy a few new MI-17's with different configuration for higher altitude ops for like 40% of the cost compared to Augusta's heli's.

Just saying, money should be well spent if you are in a financial ditch and trying to get out.
It depends on requirements. A cheaper heli could have trouble in certain environments, where as AW139 probably wouldn't; that's why these trials exist. I doubt the AW139 was the only one under trial.

It depends on requirements. A cheaper heli could have trouble in certain environments, where as AW139 probably wouldn't; that's why these trials exist. I doubt the AW139 was the only one under trial.

It was the only heli being tried despite having cheaper options!

It was the only heli being tried despite having cheaper options!
You don't know that. For the longest time, we thought the Z-10 was the only attack heli under trial for the PA, but we know that isn't true. We also thought that the MPT-76 rifle wasn't being considered for the PA, but we know that was only due to a delayed arrival, and is now in the competition.

The army isn't known to brag about new weapons systems, until they've been confirmed bought. PA tends to keep things quiet, until the last minute.

Back
Top Bottom