What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Arguing about whether WS-10A-B-C is 100% Made in China is petty. As long as China can still made WS-10 engines in house without the fear of being sanctioned by another country than is good enough. So what if maybe some non crucial component parts are imported due to financial reason. If you have the ability to replace those parts with made in China parts when needed than "100%" or not is just semantics.

Don't you think it will be funny if China declared F-35 is not 100% made in America because it used some screw and rare earth metals from China? China recently sanctions Lockheed, Raytheon over Taiwan arms sales. It will probably cost U.S more money to build future F-35, but it won't be able to stop U.S because it's replaceable, just more expensive to build only. Same logic with WS-10 engines.

LOL-LOL-LOL
I think you misunderstood my point. Did I say 100% made in China meaning all components including screw are made in China? If u think even a screw need to be made in China to qualify as 100% made in China then F-35 should not consider one as 100% made in USA.

But seriously, foreign imported component for aircraft are usually very expensive. I doubt import actually cost less compare to long run of made in China.

Gentlemen - I don’t think it matters that much if a percentage of components in the aircraft are foriegn so long as free access is available to them and the weapon system in a whole works.
Today a Chinese J-10 can shoot at any enemy jet without a problem regardless of whether it is 100% Chinese or 85%.
@zhxy @Beast you have made your arguments and now they are in circles so please take it elsewhere.

P.S … I think we have had enough humor regarding when the aircraft will be in Pakistan. We know that they will be in the flypast and that means they will be in Pakistan in less than 21 days.

Last edited:
P.S

I think we have had enough humor on when they will arrive and spent pointless speculation points just trying to keep busy.
We have video statements on them being here in time for the 23rd March flypast.. that is in 21 days which gives them enough time to land in Pakistan.
I think flying on 23 March is irrelevant now. The whole point was getting the confirmation that indeed PAF is getting J10Cs which by now is already pretty much confirmed.

Arguing about whether WS-10A-B-C is 100% Made in China is petty. As long as China can still made WS-10 engines in house without the fear of being sanctioned by another country than is good enough. So what if maybe some non crucial component parts are imported due to financial reason. If you have the ability to replace those parts with made in China parts when needed than "100%" or not is just semantics.

Don't you think it will be funny if China declared F-35 is not 100% made in America because it used some screw and rare earth metals from China? China recently sanctions Lockheed, Raytheon over Taiwan arms sales. It will probably cost U.S more money to build future F-35, but it won't be able to stop U.S because it's replaceable, just more expensive to build only. Same logic with WS-10 engines.

Not just screws and rare earth metal. Electronic components and possibly semi-conductor as well.

How much qualitative impact does the induction of j10cp has on over all PAF operational and response capabilities

I haven't seen a clear confirmation, but IMO it makes no sense to delete it ... so IMO it has one on both sides.

In fact there is NO information about the exact designation ... maybe @tphuang , @Beast and @siegecrossbow know more!?
Ok just forget the designation. Are there any pictures, brochures, specs, or some clear images of the J-10C with open radome so we can see the AESA radar. Plz share the info whatever is available for J-10 radars.

We have much more info available in the public domain but J-10 still appears to be a mystic machine shrouded under the covers of secrecy even after it's already been exported to the PAF.

Ok just forget the designation. Are there any pictures, brochures, specs, or some clear images of the J-10C with open radome so we can see the AESA radar. Plz share the info whatever is available for J-10 radars.

We have much more info available in the public domain but J-10 still appears to be a mystic machine shrouded under the covers of secrecy even after it's already been exported to the PAF.

In fact, this is ALL I have :cray:

J-10B - J-16 - J-20 radar.jpg
J-10B radar open.jpg

But for the J-10C only this:

1646235375304.png

How much qualitative impact does the induction of j10cp has on over all PAF operational and response capabilities
The impact would be significant. J-10CP is comparable in performance to the best Europe has to offer. The only downside of J-10 is not enough options when it comes to ground attack capabilities.

Now J-10C would be the tio of the spear of PAF's air superiority role. JF-17 Block 3 working in tandem would be the workhorse and better in certain aspects to the current F-16s. And F-16s would comfortably sit behind and enjoy the rest of it's time in the PAF, a really potent fighter but no longer the first line of defense for Pakistan. That's how much impact the year 2022 would make in PAF's fleet composition.

PLAAF mostly uses it as an air superiority fighter because they have a lot of flankers and dedicated fighter bombers to carryout the ground attacks. But it could always be enhanced to be a great all round Omni role fighter jet. I am pretty optimistic if PAF inducts them in great numbers, they would like to integrate a lot more munitions to this jet to increase its multirole capabilities. JF-17's potential to evolve seems to be bottlenecking due to it's inherent smaller size but J-10 has much more potential to evolve into the best 4++ Gen fighter.

Back
Top Bottom