What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

The thing is, usually a picture can be traced to the source and it affects credibility of the officer working. For example an officer working on xyz jet and its pics get released, then its known that the officer released it and it affects him. So in many cases even if news is out, they still cant make stuff public.

I always emphasized on it. The stuff shouldn't come out like that having family relations or close friends etc. Thorough gentlemen/professionals choose to not to be in public spotlight.

Plain and simple and surely again rated as arrogance: Then is impossible and in fact it shows only the incompetence and lack of knowledge of this certain member.

There won't be a WS-10C powered J-10C for Pakistan, since so for NO J-10C uses this engine, not those in PLAAF service, not even a testbed and as such it is in fact ridiculous - or again a wet dream only - to think the PAF will get out of the blue a variant with a not yet tested engine on that type.

Sorry guys, maybe it's some sort of cultural difference and therefore again I apologise, but some ideas are so much off that it already hurts.

I don't want to sound rude but most of the times, Forums created on the basis of self promotion, business attracting & avenge upon others are nothing less than click baits that attracts audience so that it remains in flow. To achieve such a spotlight; kind of crazy claims or one can say that like nonsense being thrown. If anyone then objects, the emperor takes action. We here try to maintain the quality of discussion and luckily, we still have a majority that not just denies but counter the silly claims if made.
How does J-10C compare with J-16D?

Far different unlike having multiple IDs.

How on earth you even think to compare such two different class fighters?

I think you misread my post as a comment against you, that was never my intention. I'm only - and in fact quite strictly - against such "Wet-dreams" - and nothing else they are - to expect that the PAF-variant will be some sort of super-duper improved J-10C using the WS-10C with TVC or even the WS-15, these are IMO wet-dreams.

Hope this clarified your misunderstanding.

Plesae read thsi too:

(4) PAF J10CP - will perform flypast on 23rd March , 2022 l Shaikh Rasheed Ahmed | Page 28 | Pakistan Defence
Thanks bhai.
I actually read an article yesterday comparing jf17 block 3 to j10c. There were very electric about thrust vectoring. Additionally, we mustn't count our chickens until they arrive.

Have a nice day

Again IMO close to impossible. More likely would be another Y-9 EW-Type, Y-20 transports or helicopters, but no Flankers.
Whats the consensus on dry thrust & wet thrust of ws10 latest series?
I know alot of info is difficult to varify
What will be the origin of the powerplant ?

I am more interested in that
Defintively chinese
China has not bought russian ones since 2017

Some of the newer members might not have been around PDF to remember the SAM leak controversy we had here some years back. It pays to be cautious now.

Thanks bhai.
I actually read an article yesterday comparing jf17 block 3 to j10c. There were very electric about thrust vectoring. Additionally, we mustn't count our chickens until they arrive.

Have a nice day
I’d say forget thrust vectoring, nowhere in the world is it employed by in-service single engine fighter aircraft. Nor is it that useful, or worth the extra weight and complexity.

What’s far more important on the engine front is sufficient power and reliability. Although we don’t know the MTBO, pressure ratios, thrust specs... the fact that WS-10 is widely employed on single engine aircraft by the PLAAF should give us an indication of their confidence with employing it.

The purpose of the recent acquisitions is of course to increase military capability but also build infrastructure in Pakistan that can better interoperate with mainstream Chinese systems.

I do think PAF will ramp up J10C's quickly as the lines between China/India/USA are becoming more defined - and the PAF will want to rely less on its F16s due to the China/India/USA standoff.

but where does the USA - China rivalary end up - at some point it will turn hot from cold - esp if the Americans start seeing they are losing the new cold war and at that point Pakistan will simply become collateral damage with little regard.

Not to mention names but one of the PLA naval insiders is very impressed with Pakistan's ability to not only build and maintain Chinese military equipment but also their ability to learn. According to him Pakistanis engineers already have a very detailed understanding of the inner workings of naval systems and maybe in a decade or two will be able to develop completely indigenous platforms. He compared the process with Soviet military tech transfer to China.

Some of the newer members might not have been around PDF to remember the SAM leak controversy we had here some years back. It pays to be cautious now.

I’d say forget thrust vectoring, nowhere in the world is it employed by in-service single engine fighter aircraft. Nor is it that useful, or worth the extra weight and complexity.

What’s far more important on the engine front is sufficient power and reliability. Although we don’t know the MTBO, pressure ratios, thrust specs... the fact that WS-10 is widely employed on single engine aircraft by the PLAAF should give us an indication of their confidence with employing it.
To be honest I was surprised to see it. Agreed re the complexity

Pakistan defence news has post a image showing J10C at Chengdu

I cant repost it here anyone following them

it bit small on phone will check when I get home it shows 20 x J10C in grey camo and 1 yellow primer ?

someone check it out on Facebook

Even French Rafale Pilots are talking about the Turkish (Azerbaijani and Pakistani) counter to the Rafale (mostly focusing on the Qatari Rafales), right now; LIVE

p.s. @Vortex is the speaker saying anything interesting, with regards to a way to counter the Rafale or Pakistan, especially as related to the J-10?

Last edited:
What is the update on J-10C CFTs ? J-10s will get CFT in future or not ?
@dbc pointed out that it is hard to fit CFTs on a detla canard. That leaves us with tanker options only. Either buddy refuelling or dedicated aircraft. That could benefit our Mirage and JF17 fleet too

with this deal PAF is delaying 5th gen fighter more 10 years . while rest of world getting to 5th gen we are lacking behind in 4th gen now . PAF was superior because of quality but now its gone .

Bro J 10 is required today to cope with the added pressures put on us by Jai Hind mud warriors. We are getting on with the AZM and in todays world anything can happen considering shifting alliances in our region. We have to survive today to see the sun light of tomorrow.
Never forget Gadhafi cancelling the air defence deal with the Russia after when he visited the France and the UK. His assessment was he have got no longer any threats as of now he is on good terms with them. What happened few months latter, same countries planes bombed the hell of the Libya and the Afghans, Tunisian's, Moroccan's other CIA mercenaries were freely walking on his roads .
You are talking about the 5th generation and I am thinking of the 7th generation ignoring the 6th so I can get the roses from the moon which I planted in my dreams. Patience bro.

Pakistan confirms raising squadron of Chinese J-10C in response to India's Rafale jets
The J-10C is considered a capable workhorse of the Chinese air force, but it falls below the cutting-edge capabilities of the Rafale.

Ankit Kumar
New DelhiDecember 29, 2021UPDATED: December 30, 2021 00:33 IST
File photo of J-10C fighter jets

File photo of J-10C fighter jets | Getty Images

Putting the speculations to rest, the government of Pakistan has confirmed the acquisition of at least 25 Chinese J-10C fighter jets for the Pakistan Air Force (PAF). Pakistan's interior minister Sheikh Rashid told reporters in Rawalpindi on Wednesday that a squadron of 25 China-made jets would participate in a fly-past on 23 March. The minister touted the Chinese jets as "an answer to India's Rafale jets".

Btw, what the latest public performance specs on the J-10CE?

TWR (J-10 is much lighter then the Rafale but nearly the same thrust), Instantaneous turn and Sustained Turn?

Rafale’s Instanteous turn rate in 30’ and Sustained is 24’. If the J-10 matches it or comes close like the Eurofighter (30’ and 23’ respectively) it will give the IAF nightmares for decades to come, just like the F-16 did for decades.

With the J-10 acquisition, Pakistan has regained the technological (and Psychological) superiority over the IAF, and for the proof we need only look at the hysteria in the Indian Media today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom