What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Do we know if the J-10c is supercruise capable with the WS-10B engine? I haven't seen it anywhere if it is.

Do we know if the J-10c is supercruise capable with the WS-10B engine? I haven't seen it anywhere if it is.
It probably isn’t designed to do so, but hopefully a modification will be added in future variants, when it is hopefully also equipped with more powerful engines. Redesigning for super cruise may not be considered worth it for Chinese planners.

An informative video on the systems of the J-10. Does his analysis seem correct? WS-10 has a max thrust of 140 kn.

Would the Arinc 429 bus interface allow the integration of foreign weapons systems?

This YouTube poster is quoting KLJ-7A AESA with around 1000 elements as the Radar for J-10C. If I am not mistaken this is the Radar for JF-17 Block-3. The AESA radar for J-10C has 1200+ TRM's.

So much for him being knowledgeable.

This YouTube poster is quoting KLJ-7A AESA with around 1000 elements as the Radar for J-10C. If I am not mistaken this is the Radar for JF-17 Block-3. The AESA radar for J-10C has 1200+ TRM's.

He has to be Conservative.

He’s knowledgeable but that doesn’t mean he can’t get some aspects wrong. Also he limited his analysis to what he could find, and didn’t really speculate to much on the capabilities of the electronics.

CATIC revealed that J-10C is capable of "sporadic supercruise" in one of the promotion posters. I think with clean configuration it could perform a pseudo-supercruise much like the Eurofighter and Gripen.
Euro fighter taking off without after burner , in super cruise, takes a much longer run on tarmac.
With flame thrower on , it takes a small run, and it's up and away.
So, I am not too sure about the usefulness of super cruise in non stealth fighter jets.
In stealth it makes sense, because the blowtorch gives too much IR signature.

He has to be Conservative.
But that's no excuse to be wrong and incorrect. He quoted a completely wrong radar. He doesn't know that's the radar for the Thunder he is quoting?

He’s knowledgeable but that doesn’t mean he can’t get some aspects wrong. Also he limited his analysis to what he could find
That doesn't really make him knowledgeable, does it?

Pardon, but ok, is neither a reply nor an explanation! ... so I'm well aware I can only ask or beg for an explanation but at least an "ok" alone wont help to solve that issue and as you surely noted besides some hard-core supporter, there are many other mot reasonable members here who have the same questions.

So please explain why you think there is a ToT for the AL-31F or FN when the J-10Cs are using the WS-10B?
Was this a wrong information or has there been recent changes to an original plan to use it or why do you still claim this?

Kind regrads,
Deino

Pardon, but ok, is neither a reply nor an explanation! ... so I'm well aware I can only ask or beg for an explanation but at least an "ok" alone wont help to solve that issue and as you surely noted besides some hard-core supporter, there are many other mot reasonable members here who have the same questions.

So please explain why you think there is a ToT for the AL-31F or FN when the J-10Cs are using the WS-10B?
Was this a wrong information or has there been recent changes to an original plan to use it or why do you still claim this?

Kind regrads,
Deino
Was it ever confirmed that ws-10 has American F-101 core?

Was it ever confirmed that ws-10 has American F-101 core?

No, confirmed this was surely never (Oh well I already speak like Yoda :azn: ) but it was even more refuted that the WS-10 may be based on the AL-31!

I think no-one denies that there was some sort of technology "transfer" from the AL-31 into the WS-10, especially later variants - but that it was based on it was also never confirmed and in fact even more vehemently denied.

Back
Top Bottom