What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Any breach of security might lead to perma ban. If you have anything for your own information; do not violate the trust of source then. Any pic/detail might be shared if the Source allows and agrees to do so on purpose permitted officially, without harming Op-Sec/Military Info.

Regards,
Hath hola rakho uncle :lol:

I think by now its pretty apparent that the J-10's are coming - even the doubters have gotten hints by now.

The only thing now left to ponder is:

- How many?
- Cost?
- Delivery/Induction?
- And Flypast (which isn't relevant)
The news was going round for some time...
This is reported in july by defenseworld.com

That also means JF-17 Block 3 lags is some aspects. It is not getting RD-93MA which shall give JF-17 Block 3 more TWI, combat range, and increased payload.

Once RD-93MA is ready, JF-17 with some redesigning of airframe would be a much respected 4.5 gen fighter.

China Could Hand Over 36 J-10C Jets to Pakistan in 2021
MoD
Pakistan will reportedly receive 36 Chengdu J-10C multirole fighters from China by the end of this year.
On Monday, House for Strategic & International Affairs (HSIA) posted on Twitter, “Pakistan is set to receive 36 J-10C semi-stealth, 4.5 gen advanced fighter Jets from China by the end of 2021.”
The information has not been confirmed by the defense ministries of China or Pakistan.
As per 2020 reports, high-level government officials from Islamabad were in Talks with China over the procurement of PL-10 and PL-15 missiles, as well as J-10 jets that are often compared with the American F-16s.
During Shaheen-9 joint air exercises held in January 2021 which saw participation of these two countries, China’s J-10C and J-11B fighters simulated India's Rafale and Su-30 jets respectively in mock battles. Air Forces from both sides focused on “large scale confrontation, including large scale aerial battles and use of forces in mass and close-quarters aerial support.” More than 200 sorties were conducted by both sides, to boost combat capabilities in learning from each other.

Beijing has been trying to hardsell its J-10C and J-11B fighters to Pakistan whose air force has shown preference for the latest version of the F-16 jets. A Chinese expert told state media after Shaheen-9 that many aspects of the J-10C mid-sized fighter jet, including the size, aerodynamic characteristics, aviation, weapon systems and overall combat capability are comparable to the Indian Air Force (IAF)’s Rafale.

Powered by a Russian engine (Lyulka Saturn AL-31FN) giving it a maximum static thrust of approximately 123 kN, the single-engine tail-less canard delta wing J-10C features fly-by-wire flight controls and sports an AESA fire control radar. It is made of composite materials for high strength and lower weight. China has developed a brand new engine, WS-10, to replace the Russian ones.
The aircraft's internal armament consists of a Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-23 twin-barrel cannon, located underneath the port side of the intake. Other weaponry and equipment is mounted externally on 11 hardpoints, to which 6,000 kg of either missiles and bombs, drop-tanks containing fuel, or other equipment such as avionics pods can be attached.

Air-to-air missiles deployed may include short-range air-to-air missiles such as the PL-8 and PL-10, medium-range radar-guided air-to-air missiles such as the PL-12 and PL-15, unguided and precision guided munitions such as laser-guided bombs, air-to-surface missile such as KD-88, anti-ship missiles such as the YJ-91A and anti-radiation missiles such as the YJ-91.

On 23rd March, The Resolution of Pakistan Day, the order of Flypast has to be:

ACM leading in Thunder Bravo

Followed by a formation of Thunder Blk3

Followed by F-Sola.

We must make a Resolution for PAF too.... become completely self-sufficient in every aspect of AeroSpaceWarfare.

Quaid e Azam R.A has ordered us to be Second to None!

Time has arrived to honour OurFather's command!!!

EmergingPakistan

Mangus

don't think chief will come in bravo ... they will keep coming EFFFFFF SOLLA !!!! but i do share your dream of having Chief leading with Bravo

Interior Minister just said it and that is all we have as of yet. Before, few media outlets said so. I don't expect ISPR to make an announcement. Pakistan Military unlike the rival, is not fond of media presentation to boast and point scoring. You are well informed.

If coming then the answer is Negative.

So, not relevant. Even if it comes with A Russian Engine, read RD-93 for JF-17 that doesn't matter much in Indo-Russia friendship. After all, Bipin Rawat, apparently the last Russian Weapon enthusiast is no more.

Yes. True it is.

Given the history, not subpar but more of aggressive approach especially in area of software, weapon (couple of) and flight envelope. Remember that PAF has a lot of input into J-10B back then and furthering it with more of expert opinion and findings which eventually resulted for J-10C type Air Craft. Nonetheless, this Dragon might even make one to compare easily with Viper or might lead in some manners. But, I will keep it at par and not just at par but way way better at par due to some advance inputs.

For the time being, the theory suggests 36 as initial.

J-20 Style matting is done so-far, if I can say. The data provided for evaluation in some cases; suggests it to be perfecto and the best. I wouldn't ignore the fact that PAC busy bees have some surprises underneath their sleeves and time to put few onto show. I guess we do have 1+1 friend into this and doing exceptionally well in some areas.

I don't see any such induction being a short term planning or reactionary or some kind of a short cut to address an instant threat. The goal & aim is far bigger and boys are looking at a capable, potent & advanced NGF under AZM. All of things from Block-III and so if, J-10CP will lead to results oriented for AZM program.

Whatever I said above, has no relation with official or any inside information. Just a guess and best of observation in view of development. By the way, by any means, does it ring any bell like the way China inducts advance equipment from Russia despite being able to produce one at home? Does anyone think that Pak-China relations are more stronger and can lead to modern warfare capacity building based upon a different approach to procure half and then advance with homegrown solution.

Teach a man how to catch a fish.

There is more than what meets the eye, remember we had a talk regarding a new jet for PAF on another thread, when it first arrived on a PAF base for testing in dead of night (lets spill the beans since it has becoming obvious). You told me to not to stretch it until made official.

I am again saying J-10 was not the only thing that came back than and PAF won't make public (not directly or indirectly) than what is required to keep its eastern neighbor on toes.

There is more than what meets the eye, remember we had a talk regarding a new jet for PAF on another thread, when it first arrived on a PAF base for testing in dead of night (lets spill the beans since it has becoming obvious). You told me to not to stretch it until made official.

I am again saying J-10 was not the only thing that came back than and PAF won't make public (not directly or indirectly) than what is required to keep its eastern neighbor on toes.
J-11B was pitched to PAF as well. I think PAF is happy with the capability of J-10C's engine and it's bvr. Especially after the news that PLAAF has removed flankers from Taiwan zone and have places J-10s
Please give us a hint .
J-11 or a similar flanker.

View attachment 804357

View attachment 804359

25 J-10CE would be quite an expensive bill. This is immediately around 10% what PLAAF itself has. If they mean 25 all delivered by late March, then this rate of delivery is simply suggesting either delivery has begun ages ago or that CAC will fill the order as PAF is given priority for those production months. Basically a whole year's production of J-10C from CAC.
They produced long ago, and we kept them there for pilots training purpose , now our pilots will bring back those back home

I wish Mr Rasheed could have kept his mouth close on this but then again he must have been told to break the news.

Last I know paf requested 36 plus option for 18 to a total of 54. Later number were increased to 64 to incorporate some more examples for ccs.

Currently there is a firm order of 36.

For the 2nd time in PAF history PAF will operate better fighter than American FGA in PAF history.

In late 60s mirage3 was a top gun in PAF better than F86 and F104. Now J10p, better than ROSE and Falcon over all.

This very much feels like the beginning of the end of PAF and USAF Fighter engagement when the last PAF F16 is retired - we will see the end of American fighters being fielded in the PAF as they will all be Chinese at that point. I am at this point discounting TFX(though Turkey may request restrictions if they get that one flying/operational and PAF buys into it.) as the engine is a massive unknown right now.

The Americans/USAF have pretty much forshadowed this with the recent exercises where PAF role(or USAF ) was as observers or ground based training and not air-to-air training.

Last edited:
This very much feels like the beginning of the end of PAF and USAF Fighter engagement when the last PAF F16 is retired - we will see the end of American fighters being fielded in the PAF as they will all be Chinese at that point. I am at this point discounting TFX(though Turkey may request restrictions if they get that one flying/operational and PAF buys into it.).

The Americans/USAF have pretty much forshadowed this with the recent exercises where PAF role(or USAF ) was as observers or ground based training and not air-to-air.
good, no more diplomacy based on F-16s.

Last edited:
J-11B was pitched to PAF as well. I think PAF is happy with the capability of J-10C's engine and it's bvr. Especially after the news that PLAAF has removed flankers from Taiwan zone and have places J-10s

J-11 or a similar flanker.

Again IMO close to impossible. More likely would be another Y-9 EW-Type, Y-20 transports or helicopters, but no Flankers.

You mean the very ones who claimed that PAF rejected the J-10...

Yes. I am not trolling.

Just want to know where the mistakes in their assumptions were. We all, every single one of us, makes mistakes. No big deal.

Back
Top Bottom