What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

_20211229_194855.JPG
baber cruise missile attached

Honestly not too many this time around, been pretty busy. Given the state of Pakistani politicians and being a realist (or a cynic to most), I’d wait for the actual parade first (sorry to ruin the mood guys :P ).
On a serious note, I have little doubt these birds are coming, along with many other good things, but maybe the timelines will be different than what we expect or hope (as they always are))

Though I moved on to the discussion of what happens after these birds are delivered a while back, because everyone was already talking about their delivery, now since that one’s almost over, the next discussion needs to be on roles, weaponry (A2G especially, because we already know What A2A is happening), how much of it will carry over to JF-17 (and specifically the block 3?), how will the roles of the mirages and the JF-17s change? What’s next for the PAF in terms of fighters? Unlike some others, I still believe PAF would go for F-16s alongside J-10Cs given a (hypothetical) chance in the future. (fighters aside, PAF has a lot of work to do on transport, training and EW platforms). Confirmation and hopefully soon a delivery opens up tons of interesting conversations for the PAF-IAF scenario, that’s what I’m more interested in right now, it’s what @Bilal Khan (Quwa) has been talking about for a while now as well.

PS: IMO the “JS-10” is just Rashid forgetting the actual name, wouldn’t get too excited over it, I also don’t think the PAF is getting a downgraded (or majorly changed/upgraded) J-10, rather just J-10C with minor modifications for PAF.

Another major question I have now is the PL-15 and PL-10, will PAF be able to get its hands on the PLAAF models, or still use export versions? It’s more than just a question of capability to me, because it kind of dictates the future for J-10s and to some extent Jf-17s in the PAF, as in, what does this deal mean to China in regards to Tech exports to Pakistan and PAF. Is it an upgrade in that case too? PAF is going to be the first foreign customer of J-10, is there a Pakistan factor involved to that? Or would china have sold it to anyone else too?

On that note, another thing comes to mind, that being how such a purchase effects the JF-17, and by that I don’t mean the “PAF is killing JF and block 3 by buying J-10 because China pressured them” bullshit that some people come up with. Different aircrafts, different sizes, different roles, both are needed.

if the J-10 was indeed a condition for PL-15s to be sold to Pakistan (which I think is BS given an export version exists, unless the people claiming this are talking about non export versions), then this purchase is also a major upgrade for our JF-17s, because any weapon PAF purchases for the J-10 can find it’s way onto the JF, including better A2G stuff and pods. Something like the J-10C is also beneficial in another way, that being the Data links and architectures, it’ll fit in very nicely with the JF-17s and be able to communicate with PAFs newer radars and subsystems better than a western (or Russian) aircraft, so that’s an interesting point to talk about too.

How will the J-10C purchase dictate future PAF purchases in regards to EW, AWACS and radars?

all that and more can be talked about once these aircraft are officially in the PAF, exciting times :)
188 jf17s inductes is already above the planned 150
The number will probabaly go up to 250+ around 75 j10s +75 f16
With new gen fighter replacing the f16s in 2040
Some the f16 will need life extention in 2030 that we will not get so apart from the f16c/d most will wear out by 2035

First direct and official confirmation of J10C induction by PAF.

watch after 6.00

Though the news source was posted by someone in New PAF fighter plane doctrine earlier today but I believe , the news itself deserved a new thread since there still have been an ambiguity about J10C induction into PAF until now.

Sheikh Rasheed always been a big mouth but nevertheless he is an interior minister of Pakistan right now. No joke!
special tagging @Zarvan : d
Interior minister discussing matters that are absolutely none of his business. But then
First direct and official confirmation of J10C induction by PAF.

watch after 6.00

Though the news source was posted by someone in New PAF fighter plane doctrine earlier today but I believe , the news itself deserved a new thread since there still have been an ambiguity about J10C induction into PAF until now.

Sheikh Rasheed always been a big mouth but nevertheless he is an interior minister of Pakistan right now. No joke!
special tagging @Zarvan : d
If it is true then all I want to say is:
خوش آمديد
په خیر راغلې
ڀلي ڪري آيا
دُرٛہبات

I wish Mr Rasheed could have kept his mouth close on this but then again he must have been told to break the news.

Last I know paf requested 36 plus option for 18 to a total of 54. Later number were increased to 64 to incorporate some more examples for ccs.

Currently there is a firm order of 36.

For the 2nd time in PAF history PAF will operate better fighter than American FGA in PAF history.

In late 60s mirage3 was a top gun in PAF better than F86 and F104. Now J10p, better than ROSE and Falcon over all.

Interior minister discussing matters that are absolutely none of his business.

Welcome to Pakistan.

Wait till you find out that the business community here meets the COAS in relation to economic matters, and foreign delegations meet the country's opposition leaders in relation to foreign policy :lol: :lol:

Honestly not too many this time around, been pretty busy. Given the state of Pakistani politicians and being a realist (or a cynic to most), I’d wait for the actual parade first (sorry to ruin the mood guys :P ).
On a serious note, I have little doubt these birds are coming, along with many other good things, but maybe the timelines will be different than what we expect or hope (as they always are))

Though I moved on to the discussion of what happens after these birds are delivered a while back, because everyone was already talking about their delivery, now since that one’s almost over, the next discussion needs to be on roles, weaponry (A2G especially, because we already know What A2A is happening), how much of it will carry over to JF-17 (and specifically the block 3?), how will the roles of the mirages and the JF-17s change? What’s next for the PAF in terms of fighters? Unlike some others, I still believe PAF would go for F-16s alongside J-10Cs given a (hypothetical) chance in the future. (fighters aside, PAF has a lot of work to do on transport, training and EW platforms). Confirmation and hopefully soon a delivery opens up tons of interesting conversations for the PAF-IAF scenario, that’s what I’m more interested in right now, it’s what @Bilal Khan (Quwa) has been talking about for a while now as well.

PS: IMO the “JS-10” is just Rashid forgetting the actual name, wouldn’t get too excited over it, I also don’t think the PAF is getting a downgraded (or majorly changed/upgraded) J-10, rather just J-10C with minor modifications for PAF.

Another major question I have now is the PL-15 and PL-10, will PAF be able to get its hands on the PLAAF models, or still use export versions? It’s more than just a question of capability to me, because it kind of dictates the future for J-10s and to some extent Jf-17s in the PAF, as in, what does this deal mean to China in regards to Tech exports to Pakistan and PAF. Is it an upgrade in that case too? PAF is going to be the first foreign customer of J-10, is there a Pakistan factor involved to that? Or would china have sold it to anyone else too?

On that note, another thing comes to mind, that being how such a purchase effects the JF-17, and by that I don’t mean the “PAF is killing JF and block 3 by buying J-10 because China pressured them” bullshit that some people come up with. Different aircrafts, different sizes, different roles, both are needed.

if the J-10 was indeed a condition for PL-15s to be sold to Pakistan (which I think is BS given an export version exists, unless the people claiming this are talking about non export versions), then this purchase is also a major upgrade for our JF-17s, because any weapon PAF purchases for the J-10 can find it’s way onto the JF, including better A2G stuff and pods. Something like the J-10C is also beneficial in another way, that being the Data links and architectures, it’ll fit in very nicely with the JF-17s and be able to communicate with PAFs newer radars and subsystems better than a western (or Russian) aircraft, so that’s an interesting point to talk about too.

How will the J-10C purchase dictate future PAF purchases in regards to EW, AWACS and radars?

all that and more can be talked about once these aircraft are officially in the PAF, exciting times :)
I remember @Bilal Khan (Quwa) once said that if PAF bought J10C in large numbers, then there can also be a possibility of CATIC cooperation with us in our project Azm.
But @JamD 's inside info is that PAF does not want Chinese involvement in Azm project.

What is your take on J10C's purchase and its possible influence on Azm project??

Back
Top Bottom