What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Does anyone have any information about the J10C radar and its capabilities?
Also is the refuelling probe removable on the J10Cs?

We are underestimating india relentless lobbying

Also anyone remember india cheeni bhai bhai
Lets enjoy the occasion for the new toy imminent induction if the news is true but?
There is no substitute for the "Made in Pakistan". China and India have got huge amount of trade and nothing must be taken for granted. Who knows tables can turn on us, so we need to wise up and self sufficiency is the only way forward. We need to set up a committee who can over see and allocate the funds for the Economy, education and industrialization regardless which politician is in power and with the backing of constitutional based enforceable powers. Who thought after the aftermath of the 9/11and few years afterwards Pakistan/US relations will sink to that low hence we need to bear everything and everyone in our calculus. We are proud of Pak-China friendship but we will end up fighting our own wars hence we must improve our economy.

Nothing is confirmed until we see the J-10 in Pakistani colors.

Interior Minister just said it and that is all we have as of yet. Before, few media outlets said so. I don't expect ISPR to make an announcement. Pakistan Military unlike the rival, is not fond of media presentation to boast and point scoring. You are well informed.

If let's say, the deal is done, will the J-10's come with the Russian engine or the sino engine ?
If coming then the answer is Negative.

If it does end up coming with the AL-31, what are the political implications for Indo-Russia friendship ?

So, not relevant. Even if it comes with A Russian Engine, read RD-93 for JF-17 that doesn't matter much in Indo-Russia friendship. After all, Bipin Rawat, apparently the last Russian Weapon enthusiast is no more.

Historically, PAF just doesn't accept Chinese goodies as is. The solutions are tailor made, be it the F-7p/PG or the JFT.
Yes. True it is.

What type of modifications will the J-10 incorporate to finally be inducted in the PAF?

Given the history, not subpar but more of aggressive approach especially in area of software, weapon (couple of) and flight envelope. Remember that PAF has a lot of input into J-10B back then and furthering it with more of expert opinion and findings which eventually resulted for J-10C type Air Craft. Nonetheless, this Dragon might even make one to compare easily with Viper or might lead in some manners. But, I will keep it at par and not just at par but way way better at par due to some advance inputs.

4. Finally what type of numbers are we looking at? 2 squadrons i.e. 36-40 or something more?

For the time being, the theory suggests 36 as initial.

PS Any word on Chinese HMD/HMS's + PL-10 combo as to how capable it is compared to lets say JHMCS+Aim-9X?

J-20 Style matting is done so-far, if I can say. The data provided for evaluation in some cases; suggests it to be perfecto and the best. I wouldn't ignore the fact that PAC busy bees have some surprises underneath their sleeves and time to put few onto show. I guess we do have 1+1 friend into this and doing exceptionally well in some areas.

I don't see any such induction being a short term planning or reactionary or some kind of a short cut to address an instant threat. The goal & aim is far bigger and boys are looking at a capable, potent & advanced NGF under AZM. All of things from Block-III and so if, J-10CP will lead to results oriented for AZM program.

Whatever I said above, has no relation with official or any inside information. Just a guess and best of observation in view of development. By the way, by any means, does it ring any bell like the way China inducts advance equipment from Russia despite being able to produce one at home? Does anyone think that Pak-China relations are more stronger and can lead to modern warfare capacity building based upon a different approach to procure half and then advance with homegrown solution.

Teach a man how to catch a fish.

Last edited:
@The Eagle special salute to you for keeping the real news to your chest for so long.....

Thanks but nothing with me.
hide-secret.gif

Last edited:
@iLION12345_1
Penny for your thoughts.
Honestly not too many this time around, been pretty busy. Given the state of Pakistani politicians and being a realist (or a cynic to most), I’d wait for the actual parade first (sorry to ruin the mood guys :P ).
On a serious note, I have little doubt these birds are coming, along with many other good things, but maybe the timelines will be different than what we expect or hope (as they always are)

Though I moved on to the discussion of what happens after these birds are delivered a while back, because everyone was already talking about their delivery, now since that one’s almost over, the next discussion needs to be on roles, weaponry (A2G especially, because we already know What A2A is happening), how much of it will carry over to JF-17 (and specifically the block 3?), how will the roles of the mirages and the JF-17s change? What’s next for the PAF in terms of fighters? Unlike some others, I still believe PAF would go for F-16s alongside J-10Cs given a (hypothetical) chance in the future. (fighters aside, PAF has a lot of work to do on transport, training and EW platforms). Confirmation and hopefully soon a delivery opens up tons of interesting conversations for the PAF-IAF scenario, that’s what I’m more interested in right now, it’s what @Bilal Khan (Quwa) has been talking about for a while now as well.

PS: IMO the “JS-10” is just Rashid forgetting the actual name, wouldn’t get too excited over it, I also don’t think the PAF is getting a downgraded (or majorly changed/upgraded) J-10, rather just J-10C with minor modifications for PAF.

Another major question I have now is the PL-15 and PL-10, will PAF be able to get its hands on the PLAAF models, or still use export versions? It’s more than just a question of capability to me, because it kind of dictates the future for J-10s and to some extent Jf-17s in the PAF, as in, what does this deal mean to China in regards to Tech exports to Pakistan and PAF. Is it an upgrade in that case too? PAF is going to be the first foreign customer of J-10, is there a Pakistan factor involved to that? Or would china have sold it to anyone else too?

On that note, another thing comes to mind, that being how such a purchase effects the JF-17, and by that I don’t mean the “PAF is killing JF and block 3 by buying J-10 because China pressured them” bullshit that some people come up with. Different aircrafts, different sizes, different roles, both are needed.

if the J-10 was indeed a condition for PL-15s to be sold to Pakistan (which I think is BS given an export version exists, unless the people claiming this are talking about non export versions), then this purchase is also a major upgrade for our JF-17s, because any weapon PAF purchases for the J-10 can find it’s way onto the JF, including better A2G stuff and pods. Something like the J-10C is also beneficial in another way, that being the Data links and architectures, it’ll fit in very nicely with the JF-17s and be able to communicate with PAFs newer radars and subsystems better than a western (or Russian) aircraft, so that’s an interesting point to talk about too.

How will the J-10C purchase dictate future PAF purchases in regards to EW, AWACS and radars?

all that and more can be talked about once these aircraft are officially in the PAF, exciting times :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom