What's new

Merge Rakhine state (Myanmar) with Bangladesh! - US Congress

Reference was made on what should have happened in 1947. What is done is done now.
Yes we dont need anymore trouble. It took a long time to sort out what we had in our own bordered territory. Lets work with it. If somebody wants better life and independence, let them earn it.

Yes we dont need anymore trouble. It took a long time to sort out what we had in our own bordered territory. Lets work with it. If somebody wants better life and independence, let them earn it.

Yep, if the NE states manage to break away from India and then freely choose to merge with BD, they should be welcomed if they are a good fit for BD.

Yep, if the NE states manage to break away from India and then freely choose to merge with BD, they should be welcomed if they are a good fit for BD.

This is not possible and this is not desirable. We are Bengali of Bangladesh, we have our own distinct culture and language, the country is homogeneous with almost 90% Muslims and almost 100% Bengalis. I don't really want people of other culture and language. Assam, Tripura, WB etc are part of India and they should remain so, I hope they prosper within the Indian union. I just want to have good relationship with India, mutually beneficial trade and commerce. But the sanghi, RSS dogs are ruining it with identity politics.

This is not possible and this is not desirable. We are Bengali of Bangladesh, we have our own distinct culture and language, the country is homogeneous with almost 90% Muslims and almost 100% Bengalis. I don't really want people of other culture and language. Assam, Tripura, WB etc are part of India and they should remain so, I hope they prosper within the Indian union. I just want to have good relationship with India, mutually beneficial trade and commerce. But the sanghi, RSS dogs are ruining it with identity politics.

NE states have minuscule population compared to BD. Assam will soon have a Bengali Muslim majority and may break away from India on this basis. Would BD turn down a majority ethnic Muslim Bengali country that wants to merge with it?

Like I say India is totally unnatural union and I expect it to break into many pieces before it gets to 100 years of independence.

NE states have minuscule population compared to BD. Assam will soon have a Bengali Muslim majority and may break away from India on this basis. Would BD turn down a majority ethnic Muslim Bengali country that wants to merge with it?

Like I say India is totally unnatural union and I expect it to break into many pieces before it gets to 100 years of independence.

If and when that happens, it happens. It's none of our business. We should focus on our country alone.

Bangladeshi bengali wet dream of breaking India , ungrateful lot , if not for us u guys still would have been slaves to the punjabis

Bangladeshi bengali wet dream of breaking India , ungrateful lot , if not for us u guys still would have been slaves to the punjabis

Comprehension problem dude?

If NE states break away from India and then wish to freely merge with BD, it would get consideration from BD.

Comprehension problem dude?

If NE states break away from India and then wish to freely merge with BD, it would get consideration from BD.
Dont forget reverse can also happen

BD is a unitary state dude.
It does not have minorities in border areas that can break away.
Haha don't forget Bangladesh is divided into two narratives one based on islam and other on Bengali just like BNP and AL

If and when that happens, it happens. It's none of our business. We should focus on our country alone.

True that. BD is focusing on itself for the time being.

It however needs to have contingencies in place for the inevitable disintegration of the unnatural Indian union as it would be irresponsible otherwise.

True that. BD is focusing on itself for the time being.

It however needs to have contingencies in place for the inevitable disintegration of the unnatural Indian union as it would be irresponsible otherwise.

I honestly don't think India will disintegrate unless there is a WW1 and WW2 style world war whereby national boundaries were redrawn.

saying that, you disregard the existence of other ethnic minorities... not an ideal statement to make

saying that, you disregard the existence of other ethnic minorities... not an ideal statement to make

No I don't, please read the post in context. The ethnic minorities are an extreme minority, not that it matters but BD has almost close to 99% Bengali majority.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think India will disintegrate unless there is a WW1 and WW2 style world war whereby national boundaries were redrawn.

ALL multi-ethnic countries like India have done so in the past, what makes India any different?
Only Belgium(created as buffer state) has not done so and the two sides cannot stand each other. India has dozens of ethnic groups with no dominant ethnicity.

Anyway as long as BD has plans in place for disintegration of India in future, it should mind it's own business.

Back
Top Bottom