What's new

Merge Rakhine state (Myanmar) with Bangladesh! - US Congress

That was in response to religious slurs by your fellow countryman and it was not directed to you, there are half a dozen of BD members replying to this thread at this moment none of who were concerned, but you had to assume the task of abusing my religion further. Speaks volumes of your civility.
Direct me to post where he or anyone insulted religion.

Direct me to post where he or anyone insulted religion.
If you have access to my conversations with a Bangladeshi forum user @Abu Shaleh Rumi you will find that he insults me by my religion and mongoloid features in almost every post, apart from ridiculing my Assamese identity by using words like caveman, savage, cow p!ss drinker. That has been going on for some time now, and i must make this clear that he's the only one to do so. Other members are civil in their discourse, whether we agree to each other or not. Regards.

If you have access to my conversations with a Bangladeshi forum user @Abu Shaleh Rumi you will find that he insults me by my religion and mongoloid features in almost every post, apart from ridiculing my Assamese identity by using words like caveman, savage, cow p!ss drinker. That has been going on for some time now, and i must make this clear that he's the only one to do so. Other members are civil in their discourse, whether we agree to each other or not. Regards.
Sir please report the specific post, tag me there or send me a link. No such abuses are allowed and warnings will be served. Please report all such posts.

Sea level rise does not automatically translate into inundation. It depends on human intervention. There are many coastal areas in the world which are already below sea level but thriving with human habitation. Most famous example being Netherlands. But there are also other examples. In Indian state of Kerala, hundreds of thousands of acres of paddy field are below sea level which were reclaimed in traditional methods over centuries. The worst case scenario of 1-2 meter sea level rise by 2100AD will be countered naturally by silt deposition in coastal areas of Bangladesh as well as human intervention like building dyke, river dredging etc. Bangladesh already undertaken a masterplan called 'Delta Plan 2100 AD' to tackle sea level rise and other adverse climate change effects. This a joint collaboration between Netherlands and Bangladesh for which Bangladesh is spending 37.5 billion dollar by 2031.
Bangladesh not only will counter sea level rise but also gain several thousands of square km new land reclaimed from Bay of Bengal by river dredging and by building cross dam and dyke.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/business/2019/03/07/government-to-spend-37-5bn-on-delta-plan-by-2031
http://www.lged.gov.bd/UploadedDocument/UnitPublication/17/624/Bangladesh Delta Plan 2100 Draft Report.pdf

My statement was carefully crafted
"depending on the level of sea rise I can see 20-30% of Bangladesh below sea level"

i never said anything about inundation

Heh, you abused first and I striked back. Now you're crying in front of a mod?

@Arsalan Bhai, you can ask other Bangladeshi members I wasn't first to start any kind of abuse. Yes, instead of reporting I responded to those abusive posts. But, sometime patience do run out.

And you sent me warning now! OK, I will tag you on abusive posts...

Last edited:

Please, don't feel insulted by Bangladeshi posters. Me also a Bangladeshi but I know in the forum the Bangladeshis are far more abusive than any other people. Radicalized mindset of Bangladeshis are very well known by Pakistanis and Indians by now I guess. I am sorry on their behalf.

My statement was carefully crafted
"depending on the level of sea rise I can see 20-30% of Bangladesh below sea level"

i never said anything about inundation
20-30% below sea level without inundation is probable, but we have to factor that, such a delta which is continuously washed by flood silt is being elevated gradually. Entire southern part of Bangladesh was formed by such deposition of silt into shallow sea bed. This process is still going on and creating new landmass in the Meghna estuary. So, if sea level rise by 2 meter by 100 years, which is very rapid rise(worst case scenario by IPCC) then it may overwhelm such natural accretion. But such sea level rise require the global average temperature to rise by 5 degree celsius. In such a warm period, there is a strong possibility that, our monsoon rain will be much more heavy, it will carry more silt and this natural accretion will accelerate in the coastal Bangladesh. Thus creating new equilibrium with rising sea. That's why I have read that, delta always manage to keep it's head above no matter how high or low the sea level is. This is quite a fascinating article about the unique geology and geography of Bengal delta which shows why Bengal delta will keep pace with rising sea level. So, below sea level reality for Bangladesh may never come actually.
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/01/03/bangladesh-the-poster-child/

Last edited:
Please, don't feel insulted by Bangladeshi posters. Me also a Bangladeshi but I know in the forum the Bangladeshis are far more abusive than any other people. Radicalized mindset of Bangladeshis are very well known by Pakistanis and Indians by now I guess. I am sorry on their behalf.
You're as Bangladeshi as a cockroach is a bird...

20-30% below sea level without inundation is probable, but we have to factor that, such a delta which is continuously washed by flood silt is being elevated gradually. Entire southern part of Bangladesh was formed by such deposition of silt into shallow sea bed. This process is still going on and creating new landmass in the Meghna estuary. So, if sea level rise by 2 meter by 100 years, which is very rapid rise(worst case scenario by IPCC) then it may overwhelm such natural accretion. But such sea level rise require the global average temperature to rise by 5 degree celsius. In such a warm period, there is a strong possibility that, our monsoon rain will be much more heavy, it will carry more silt and this natural accretion will accelerate in the coastal Bangladesh. Thus creating new equilibrium with rising sea. That's why I have read that, delta always manage to keep it's head above no matter how high or low the sea level is. This is quite a fascinating article about the unique geology and geography of Bengal delta which shows why Bengal delta will keep pace with rising sea level. So, below sea level reality for Bangladesh may never come actually.
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/01/03/bangladesh-the-poster-child/

our knowledge of geology and weather is limited. you are assuming storms hit with the same velocity. way too many assumptions ...

our knowledge of geology and weather is limited. you are assuming storms hit with the same velocity. way too many assumptions ...
Yes, that's why we should not take sea level rise alarmism too seriously. Much of this alarmism is agenda driven. Understanding about sea level rise and it's probable impact is continuously evolving. Some years ago, such alarmists predicted than Tuvalu will become the first country in the world to go completely under ocean. Now scientist have discovered, rather than shrinking the coral islands of Tuvalu, it is actually increasing in size and no danger of being inundation by the ocean. Same scaremongering also happened with Maldives and now Maldives coral islands also found to be growing rather than sinking. So we should not take today's prediction too seriously because tomorrow's prediction may be entirely the opposite.
'Sinking' Pacific nation is getting bigger: study
https://phys.org/news/2018-02-pacific-nation-bigger.html

Last edited:
Heh, you abused first and striked back. Now you're crying in front of a mod?

@Arsalan Bhai, you can ask other Bangladeshi members I wasn't first to start any kind of abuse. Yes, instead of reporting I responded to those abusive posts. But, sometimes patience do run out.

And you sent me warning now! OK, I will tag you on abusive posts...

@Axomiya_lora
Lets give it all one more chance, both of you delete all posts that were insulting toward each other and religion.

I hope you can both do this and save me the trouble of finding them, deleting then and issuing warnings. No matter who did it fiest, please both of you delete them all.

@Axomiya_lora
Lets give it all one more chance, both of you delete all posts that were insulting toward each other and religion.

I hope you can both do this and save me the trouble of finding them, deleting then and issuing warnings. No matter who did it fiest, please both of you delete them all.
Bhai, there are no delete option! Only report option...

Bhai, there are no delete option! Only report option...
Then if you and @Axomiya_lora have any issues report all those posts and i will sort it out. All i can see in the thread are CLAIMS that that guy started insulting religion or this guy started it. I am sorry guys but you people need to understand difference between your private space and a public forum like this!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom