What's new

Mahira Khan says Pakistanis and Indians are similar people with same language in new interview

Welcome to the future. We must acknowledge some realities. By choosing Urdu as the natinal language of Pakistan in 1947 Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan and K-Pk were effectively being "married" to India forever. In a perverse way 1947 locked us into India forever. Every year since 1947 Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan and K-Pk have converged closer to India as Urdu spread into every village and hamlet in the country. The spread of Urdu was in fact laying the highways for Bollywood to spread into every corner of Pakistan. Today it has.

And of course humans being humans want to make money. For any aspiring Pakistan actor/actress Bollywood offers a 1.5 billion market. That has pull and this pull will increase even more as we move forward. In a generation or two expect most Pakistan A-list media/celebrities to be working in Bollywood.

We should have chosen Dari instead.

Maybe it's not too late to change...

Baluchi wouldn't be a bad option either, it would help make Baluchis feel better and less prone to separatism.

Welcome to the future. We must acknowledge some realities. By choosing Urdu as the natinal language of Pakistan in 1947 Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan and K-Pk were effectively being "married" to India forever. In a perverse way 1947 locked us into India forever. Every year since 1947 Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan and K-Pk have converged closer to India as Urdu spread into every village and hamlet in the country. The spread of Urdu was in fact laying the highways for Bollywood to spread into every corner of Pakistan. Today it has.

And of course humans being humans want to make money. For any aspiring Pakistan actor/actress Bollywood offers a 1.5 billion market. That has pull and this pull will increase even more as we move forward. In a generation or two expect most Pakistan A-list media/celebrities to be working in Bollywood.
Unfortunately this is true. We should have implemented Farsi as our national language. It's still possible to do this considering that Urdu uses (a slightly modified) Farsi alphabet and also is itself heavily influenced by Farsi.

But regarding the pull of Indian market for Pakistanis celebrities, only traitors put money before country, and unfortunately Pakistanis celebrities are not the only ones in this camp.

Persian should have been the national language. But what is done is done. Besides what most people speak is not Urdu but just Hindustani. Pakistan needs to ramp up her Urdu...

Kya aap ghada ki baat karaan hai? Who said I was a Pathan or even a Bihari? Do I sound like a Pathan or a Bihari? You cannot ignore what ever Allah has ordered in the Past, what he has made you in the present and what you and your generations will be in the future.
Cant make sense out of this meaningless blabbering u have posted. As I told u before ur iq is nonexistent so refrain from posting in my threads. Plus what kind of urdu is this "kya aap ghada ki baat karaan hai"?

What bullshyt is this? Did u get epilepsy attack while writing that urdu line? All the more reason to believe u are a bihari.

And what Allah has ordered in past? What are u even typing u ******? Quran openly states that Allah made humans into tribes with different languages and colors. Even quran accepts ethnic and lingual differences, only thing that is told is that noone is superior due to it, but differences arent even denied. Then who the crap are u to deny it wrongly dragging in islam.

Listen u piece of crap bihari just go and see a doctor and get some iq injections if anything like that is available in market and learn to write coherent posts.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is true. We should have implemented Farsi as our national language. It's still possible to do this considering that Urdu uses (a slightly modified) Farsi alphabet and also is itself heavily influenced by Farsi.

But regarding the pull of Indian market for Pakistanis celebrities, only traitors put money before country, and unfortunately Pakistanis celebrities are not the only ones in this camp.

Asalamu Alaikum

Language switch would be big if we did it, but it could be done.

Persian should have been the national language. But what is done is done. Besides what most people speak is not Urdu but just Hindustani. Pakistan needs to ramp up her Urdu...
It should be requirement for every Pakistani to learn pure Urdu and Farsi to learn and understand Iqbals books and writings if only for that purpose alone it should be justified requirement. This way we will definitely replace the current Hindustani with pure and authentic Urdu and even Farsi since pure Urdu is 90% Farsi.

I think it is possible. Farsi for us is like Italian for Spanish.

I think it would be better to slowly start replacing Urdu words that come from Indo-Aryan languages with their Dari equivalent, rather than scrapping Urdu all together.

We should aim to decrease the number of Indo-Aryan words in Urdu from 70% to perhaps 30-50%.

Or, we should replace Urdu with Baluchi. It would help wipe out Baluchi separatism and keep us distinct from Hindustan.

The Baluch genetic component is also the highest component of ancestry for most Pakistanis, and Baluchistan is where the first civilisation of the region started emerging (Indus Valley), so it makes sense.

Did you guys know that right upto 1860s Farsi was the language of official use in what is now Pakistan. Even the Sikh's were using Farsi. It was the British who once they conqured us in 1849 forced out Farsi.
My nana Abu spoke fluent Farsi and he wasn't even from a wealthy family (not poor either).

Mostly the well to do people spoke English whereas the Muslims who still held on to their pre-colonial traditions still learned and practices Farsi.

I think it would be better to slowly start replacing Urdu words that come from Indo-Aryan languages with their Dari equivalent, rather than scrapping Urdu all together.

We should aim to decrease the number of Indo-Aryan words in Urdu from 70% to perhaps 30-50%.

Or, we should replace Urdu with Baluchi. It would help wipe out Baluchi separatism and keep us distinct from Hindustan.

The Baluch genetic component is also the highest component of ancestry for most Pakistanis, and Baluchistan is where the first civilisation of the region started emerging (Indus Valley), so it makes sense.
Language switch is possible. But there needs to be a national movement for it.

This language Urdu, although I respect it, lumps us with our Eastern neighbour India.

Farsi was the language of Pakistan as @Kaptaan rightly said in the 1800's.

My nana Abu spoke fluent Farsi and he wasn't even from a wealthy family (not poor either).

Mostly the well to do people spoke English whereas the Muslims who still held on to their pre-colonial traditions still learned and practices Farsi.

My Uncle's grandmother was also Persian (he's not my uncle by blood though, so I'm not Persian).

Whatever the ultra nationalists spew in online forums, Indians and Pakistanis get together very well in public life because of same language. Seems like they are same people. Rather Bengali (BD) people are different from all of them.

Language switch is possible. But there needs to be a national movement for it.

This language Urdu, although I respect it, lumps us with our Eastern neighbour India.

Farsi was the language of Pakistan as @Kaptaan rightly said in the 1800's.

Asalamu Alaikum

We should either replace it with Baluchi for reasons already stated or simply start purging Urdu of some of its Indo-Aryan vocabulary.

Back
Top Bottom