What's new

Mahira Khan says Pakistanis and Indians are similar people with same language in new interview

Whatever the ultra nationalists spew in online forums, Indians and Pakistanis get together very well in public life. Seems like they are same people. Rather Bengali (BD) people are different from all of them.

You are even more similar to them than we are (but still not the same as them), what are you talking about?

My Uncle's grandmother was also Persian (he's not my uncle by blood though, so I'm not Persian).
My nana wasn't Persian but he learned it from his teacher from his local madrassah when he was young.

Farsi was the language of Muslim nobility and educated class before British colonialism and some Muslims still secretly taught it during colonial era but unfortunately the tradition was not carried on.

My nana wasn't Persian but he learned it from his teacher from his local madrassah when he was young.

Farsi was the language of Muslim nobility nob educated before British colonialism and some Muslims still secretly taught it during colonial era but unfortunately the tradition was not carried on.

Yeah, it was the language of the elite. They also intermarried with Persians/Farsiwans fairly frequently too, which is why my Uncle has a Persian grandmother (his family are a bunch of highly successful and highly educated Rajputs).

I'm curious to know if my mother also has Persian ancestry, her family were pretty well off too. However, I'll never know since she knows very little about her family history (unlike my dad).

I think it would be better to slowly start replacing Urdu words that come from Indo-Aryan languages with their Dari equivalent, rather than scrapping Urdu all together.

We should aim to decrease the number of Indo-Aryan words in Urdu from 70% to perhaps 30-50%.

Or, we should replace Urdu with Baluchi. It would help wipe out Baluchi separatism and keep us distinct from Hindustan.

The Baluch genetic component is also the highest component of ancestry for most Pakistanis, and Baluchistan is where the first civilisation of the region started emerging (Indus Valley), so it makes sense.
Yes Balochi would be good to especially since it is a native Pakistani language.

Yeah, it was the language of the elite. They also intermarried with Persians/Farsiwans fairly frequently too, which is why my Uncle has a Persian grandmother (his family are a bunch of highly successful and highly educated Rajputs).
I think Rajputs were originally from Persia?

people from Pakistani and Indian Punjab are similar people but people from say kpk and south India are in no way similar.

Asalamu Alaikum

We should either replace it with Baluchi for reasons already stated or simply start purging Urdu of some of its Indo-Aryan vocabulary.
Walaikum Salaam,

Urdu should be purged of all Indo-Aryan vocabulary.

Yes Balochi would be good to especially since it is a native Pakistani language.

I think Rajputs were originally from Persia?

Rajputs are just an amalgamation of different tribes across Indo-Pak who held high positions in society during the Islamic conquests of the region. Different Rajput clans would have different origins.

Gakhars and Kambojas do have Persian origins though.

Walaikum Salaam,

Urdu should be purged of all Indo-Aryan vocabulary.

If that's your desire, no point in fixing the language, that would take too long. It would be easier to just replace it.

You are even more similar to them than we are (but still not the same as them), what are you talking about?

All over the world Indians and Pakistanis grow bonhomie among them wherever they meet (excluding the conflicting areas). Rather BD people keep the distance from both the group but get along pretty well. Its not about appearance but ground facts. Maybe because of language and frequent contacts. For BD people language is different from most of India and have to face less Indians day to day basis. Indian Hindi movies arent played in cinemas, Indian news dont appear frequently.

All over the world Indians and Pakistanis grow bonhomie among them wherever they meet (excluding the conflicting areas). Rather BD people keep the distance from both the group but get along pretty well. Its not about appearance but ground facts. Maybe because of language and frequent contacts. For BD people language is different from most of India and have to face less Indians day to day basis. Indian Hindi movies arent played in cinemas, Indian news dont appear frequently.
Sorry I disagree with you completely.

In Canada, Pakistanis and Indians never get along. lol.

Pakistanis form their own community. Nice try though.

Genetically, you have more in common with them. You also look more similar to them and your language is written in a similar script to theirs.

You also both hate Pakistan.

The only difference is religion. I think we should do a genes test on you to break your prejudices. You will most probably find that you share 99% of the genes as your Indian counter parts.
F51D5732-2C08-4180-B951-02F0DF5A93B5.jpeg

Farsi was the language of Muslim nobility and educated class before British colonialism and some Muslims still secretly taught it during colonial era but unfortunately the tradition was not carried on.
Persian was the lingua Franca of when the Sikh empire...

Back
Top Bottom