What's new

Mahira Khan says Pakistanis and Indians are similar people with same language in new interview

I dont know what different you are saying than what i have said in post no #163 about Punjabi and Sindhi
Bangldesh was also part of Pakistan in 1947 and you would also be claiming the same that Bangla has nothing common with Beganli who are living in India if east Pakistan would still be part of Pakistan because border of Pakistan was redefined in 1971. You are also forgetting those Pakistani who migrated from India. They suddenly became unique group as soon as they landed their foot in karachi. If they would be staying back in India then they would be entirely different than Pakistani . Logic is amazing

I can speak more words of pashto than her but it will not make me Pathan but urdu speaking pathan is new thing for me either :)

So what about the countless Afghan/Iranian/Persian tribes that have migrated and settled in Pakistan over the centuries. They now make up around 30% of our population. Are they too the "same" as indians? There are also indian migrants in England. Are the English now the same as indians because indians have migrated to the UK?.............:lol:

So what about the countless Afghan/Iranian/Persian tribes that have migrated and settled in Pakistan over the centuries. They now make up around 30% of our population. Are they too the "same" as indians? There are also indian migrants in England. Are the English now the same as indians because indians have migrated to the UK?.............:lol:
Interesting observation you make about indians in UK. Just because there is million Pakistanis in UK and nearly 1.5 million Indians in UK does not make UK South Asian. We have to respect the native majority English. I find the 5% or so Pakistan that is migrant from India wish to drag rest of the 95% of native Pakistanis into the same pool as them. The majority are being defined by the minority. Besides the urban cities of Sindh like Karachi and Hydrabad Pakistanis are native and unique to thhe Indus Valley. Yes the Punjabis share some aspect and verlap into India but then Indian Punjab is not India is it? Indian Punjab is barely 2% of Indias humongous 1.4 billion people. Just because 50% of Pakistan has some similarities to the 2% in India does not maketh India same as Pakistan.

At least 10% of America is Black African but that does not make USA a African country.

Are you blind to not read this

" Indians though cannot relate anything to people living in the Pakistani provinces on the east i.e region bordering Iran and Afghanistan. Pakistani also can hardly relate to India other than northern and western part of India "

Migration or nationality dont change your ethnic groups and tribes thats why i said that Pakistani pahstun are same ethnic group as Afghan pashtun, Punjabi Pakistani( clans of jats, gujjar, Rajputs) are same ethnic group as Indian Punjab except Pakistani Punjab are Muslims, Same is true about bangldeshi and Sindhi

Now give me a favour and visit this site which talk about ethnology and history of Punjabi tribes
https://newpakhistorian.wordpress.com/

OR

You should tell me your ethnic group or clan so that i find out how much iraniana nd arabic you are ?

I find the 5% of Pakistanis who are migrants from India spend all their energy in trying to conflate all Pakistanis with Indians. The common refrain by them is "we be all same".

Pakistanis and Indians are

Ethnically same
Linguistically same
Culturally same

Religiously partially same/different

Which Pakistani
which Indians
You cannot simlify like this because you will offend some

Exactly. If Indians and Pakistanis say they are different then the fact is Indians are different among themselves and Pakistanis are different among themselves. In that way at the least Indians and Pakistanis are very similar. :enjoy:

well it was one country before. i was told indians speak hindi and pakistanis speak urdu both of which are similar if not same.
but over here i do know pakistanis take it as an insult being called an indian.
It was never one country before, it was a british colony before, a far cry from actually being a country. And before the british, it still wasn't one country, it was split apart into separate princely states, third largest of whom was the mogul empire.

And urdu and hindi are not the same. They are even written differently. What is true is that hindu has a very heavy urdu influence on it. true hindi is actually sanskrit which is virtually extinct with only a few words remaining here and there. So the actual situation is not that urdu and hindi are virtually the same, but rather that the influence of urdu on hindi is so great that it becomes possible for one to understand the other but only verbally.

And Pakistanis actually do NOT take it as an insult to be called an indian. ethnicity wise, yeah we are indians just like white american and brit are caucasians or an Iraqi and a Saudi are Arabs. What we find irritating is when someone assumes that we are "from" india without asking. And there is nothing wrong with finding that as an irritant. A new zealander would be just as irritated if I just blindly assumed that he's "from" australia. And I have made that mistake with new zealanders many times and each time they have promptly corrected me. australians don't get offended by that and nor should indians.

Last edited:
Firstly, let me correct you- Haryana is not a bhaya state, and neither is Himachal. Jutt is jutt Sikh, while jaat is the Hindu variety- and believe me they are the same thing. In India one cannot just claim to be a jutt/jaat- as it comes with reservations and quota benefits. The gov keeps track of that along with family histories. So BS on your first claim. Rajputs are found in Rajasthan, UP, Gujarati and Haryana in India mostly. Only some in Punjab- unlike your side apparently . Maybe it was a migration- will confirm with my father on that front and give you a better picture. Indian Punjab historically - consisted of Haryana, and Himachal- if you want to speak about diversity. That said plenty of pendu dialects and traditions, and sub cultures and foods around in the current Punjab too. Majority of these subclans in Punjab only exist due to the classism and castism that still plagues Hindu India.
Your knowledge of Indian Punjab is limited and biased. Come pay us a visit. You have never been to Indian Punjab- so the same as hominem is valid for you. You are sounding like the real khota here.
Stop justifying and covering up the failures of your education system. Yes, I will admit that Islam caused a major change - but to ignore your land, your heritage, the clear common ground, the stories of friendships, the shared culture, the boli- just to stand by the bs fed to you -is very saddening to see.
I only mean well veere.

Not equating Pakistani and Indian cultures here, but simply pointing out to @Iqbal Ali that his statement of Indian “punjabis” /North Indians being a different variety all together due to vast interbreeding with south and East Indians is completely bogus (not that i’m Against this. I’m all for it)

You are right. We are two different peoples. :rofl::enjoy:
Correction- just found out from my father- plenty of Hindu and Sikh Rajputs in Punjab. I wasn't familiar with the surnames. My bad

I was talking about current border and nationality ..sure Pakistan has valid claim over kahmir

why you are trolling with one liner post mate
You will see a bunch of people over here who always behave like "Summun Bukmun(deaf and dumb)". They will never become a Pakistani, rather from their proud ethnicities they will proceede directly to extinction.

A Punjabi in Pakistan would be similar to a Punjabi in India

A Sindhi in Pakistan would be similar to a Sindhi in India

A Pushtun in KPK or Afghan would be similar to Pushtuns in India

A Tamil in India would be similar to a Tamil in SriLanka

A Bengali in India would be closer to a Bengali in Bangladesh

A Gorhka in India would be similar to a Gorhka in Nepal

A Bihari in India would be similar to a Bihari in Pakistan

Why do people split hair over this simple fact?

Mahira Khan says Pakistanis and Indians are similar people with same language in new interview

^ With all due respect, Madam, you are an actress, so stick with the acting, get paid, go home and sleep tight. Forget about giving statement about 1.6 billion people whether they are same or not.

ofcourse to feel bad one needs to have self respect,dignity and ghairat which given u hail from ganga land,u clearly lack.
Useless hate filled fools like you are the reason why Pakistan is in such situation.

It must have hurt you very much to search through my posts and get to your conclusion.

If you do not fight religious hatred then it will consume and destroy you.

Back
Top Bottom