What's new

Mahira Khan says Pakistanis and Indians are similar people with same language in new interview

Not equating Pakistani and Indian cultures here, but simply pointing out to @Iqbal Ali that his statement of Indian “punjabis” /North Indians being a different variety all together due to vast interbreeding with south and East Indians is completely bogus (not that i’m Against this. I’m all for it)
Ok No problem. I think Indian Punjabi sardar will be more comfortable to be in lahore than to be in mizoram or kerala which is simply because of sharing same language and food.

Firstly, let me correct you- Haryana is not a bhaya state, and neither is Himachal. Jutt is jutt Sikh, while jaat is the Hindu variety- and believe me they are the same thing. In India one cannot just claim to be a jutt/jaat- as it comes with reservations and quota benefits. The gov keeps track of that along with family histories. So BS on your first claim. Rajputs are found in Rajasthan, UP, Gujarati and Haryana in India mostly. Only some in Punjab- unlike your side apparently . Maybe it was a migration- will confirm with my father on that front and give you a better picture. Indian Punjab historically - consisted of Haryana, and Himachal- if you want to speak about diversity. That said plenty of pendu dialects and traditions, and sub cultures and foods around in the current Punjab too. Majority of these subclans in Punjab only exist due to the classism and castism that still plagues Hindu India.
Your knowledge of Indian Punjab is limited and biased. Come pay us a visit. You have never been to Indian Punjab- so the same as hominem is valid for you. You are sounding like the real khota here.
Stop justifying and covering up the failures of your education system. Yes, I will admit that Islam caused a major change - but to ignore your land, your heritage, the clear common ground, the stories of friendships, the shared culture, the boli- just to stand by the bs fed to you -is very saddening to see.
I only mean well veere.

Not equating Pakistani and Indian cultures here, but simply pointing out to @Iqbal Ali that his statement of Indian “punjabis” /North Indians being a different variety all together due to vast interbreeding with south and East Indians is completely bogus (not that i’m Against this. I’m all for it)

You are right. We are two different peoples. :rofl::enjoy:
That is your opinion and I disagree with you.

We are different now.

Ok No problem. I think Indian Punjabi sardar will be more comfortable to be in lahore than to be in mizoram or kerala which is simply because of sharing same language and food.
lol...Indians tend to go to their community. Indians will not feel comfortable in Pakistan.

I don’t doubt your food, hospitality and big hearts- and I’m sure he’ll be more comfortable in Lahore too, but i’d rather the Indian Sardar stay in India even if he has to eat rice and fish in Kerala.:P

That is your opinion and I disagree with you.

We are different now.

lol...Indians tend to go to their community. Indians will not feel comfortable in Pakistan.
I never agree with you either but -Your to the point and dignified response are :tup:

I don't deny similarities, but they are really limited to cuisine, etc. One can point out more differences.
I thought you were joking. Lol
Cuisine and all of the Delhi Police force :haha:

I never agree with you either but -Your to the point and dignified response are :tup:

Really not joking. Why people historically say Indians and Pakistani are similar is on the basis that majority of people who represent Pakistan, that is Punjabis and Sindhis have much more common with regions bordering in India than any other people on this planet.

I do want Pakistan and India to be friends.

But the Kashmir dispute needs to be solved first according to just and moral principles first.

I don’t doubt your food, hospitality and big hearts- and I’m sure he’ll be more comfortable in Lahore too, but i’d rather the Indian Sardar stay in India even if he has to eat rice and fish in Kerala.:P
Well honestly speaking i had chance to work with boht south indian and north indian in royal mail during my study and North Indian used to stay with us for ghup shup in break than to be with group of south Indians who were even talking to each others in English :)

sure i understand your national side and national side of my Pakistani mates here who are criticising mahira khan but look sanjay dutt saying same about Pakistan

and look at urdu of his father sunil dutt. he is spekaing better urdu than most of us here

Well honestly speaking i had chance to work with boht south indian and north indian in royal mail during my study and North Indian used to stay with us for ghup shup in break than to be with group of south Indians who were even talking to each others in English :)

sure i understand your national side and national side of my Pakistani mates here who are criticising mahira khan but look sanjay dutt saying same about Pakistan

and look at urdu of his father sunil dutt. he is spekaing better urdu than most of us here

so what? Urdu is a minority language in India. Most people in India speak Hindi, Bangla, or Tamil.

Dont make any sense . Punjabi and sindhi tribes are same in India whther we talk about jats tribes or rajput tribes of Punjab ..music is same i.e Punjabi listen singers from boht sides ...haram in Islam though lol our vegeterain food is same daal roti chawal dsihes..if you attend marriage and wedding party then most trdition and dressing appear same in boht side of borders though some differnce in rituals because of different religion ..You can pretend to be arab/irani all u want because India and Pakistani are enemy countries but it will not change the reality on grounds

So you are telling me that you have no identity prior to 1947 when border of Pakistan was not defined by loard mount batten? You have no indentity prior to Islamic conquest of this region?

As far as Punjab is concerned they only make up 5% of india and at most 60% of Pakistan. Therefore at least 95% of indians have no racial connection to Pakistan whatsoever. Also a lot of modern day Pakistani Punjabis and Sindhis have intermarried with Pusthun, Balouch and other tribes of Northern/Western Pakistan which has now completely differentiated us from indians. Punjab is now more of a linguistic rather than racial factor. indian Punjabis speak a similar language as Pakistani Punjabis but that's where the similarity ends.

Pakistan was only ever part of a so called "united india" from around 1853 to 1947. Before that there were only pricely states of different races and peoples. You seem to be spouting the British/india narrative of the Pakistani nation and people which has been proven to be a BIG lie.

I know this too well. My friends circle at University consisted of North Indians and Pakistanis aswell. South Indians in general are too square and by the book anyways. You didn’t miss out on much.:cheers:

Mahira Khan was born in Karachi, Pakistan on 21 December 1984 to parents who are urdu-speaking Pathans. Her father, Hafeez Khan, was born in Delhi during the British Raj and migrated to Pakistan after the paritition ( Source wiki)
Thanks for the info, however, a slight correction as she herself shared on an interview that her maternal side was Pashto speaking. Anyways, regardless of her mother tongue, she still remains a Pathan or so she claims.

@SorryNotSorry Just to clarify, no one's got a problem with you claiming whatever. But don't you think its pathetic trying to prove something other party is not even interested in regardless of its the truth or not? Besides, India itself is vastly diverse to be compared with Pakistan.

As far as Punjab is concerned they only make up 5% of india and at most 60% of Pakistan. Therefore at least 95% of indians have no racial connection to Pakistan whatsoever. Also a lot of modern day Pakistani Punjabis and Sindhis have intermarried with Pusthun, Balouch and other tribes of Northern/Western Pakistan which has now completely differentiated us from indians. Punjab is now more of a linguistic rather than racial factor. indian Punjabis speak a similar language as Pakistani Punjabis but that's where the similarity ends.

Pakistan was only ever part of a so called "united india" from around 1853 to 1947. Before that there were only pricely states of different races and peoples. You seem to be spouting the British/india narrative of the Pakistani nation and people which has been proven to be a BIG lie.
I dont know what different you are saying than what i have said in post no #163 about Punjabi and Sindhi
Bangldesh was also part of Pakistan in 1947 and you would also be claiming the same that Bangla has nothing common with Beganli who are living in India if east Pakistan would still be part of Pakistan because border of Pakistan was redefined in 1971. You are also forgetting those Pakistani who migrated from India. They suddenly became unique group as soon as they landed their foot in karachi. If they would be staying back in India then they would be entirely different than Pakistani . Logic is amazing

Thanks for the info, however, a slight correction as she herself shared on an interview that her maternal side was Pashto speaking. Anyways, regardless of her mother tongue, she still remains a Pathan or so she claims.
I can speak more words of pashto than her but it will not make me Pathan but urdu speaking pathan is new thing for me either :)

Back
Top Bottom