What's new

MADE IN UAE

The UAE deepens its military cooperation with China

1693409697363.jpeg

In increasing military cooperation with China, he met the commander of the Air Force and Air Defense..

Major General / Muhammad Nasser Al-Alawi with the State Counselor and Minister of National Defense in Beijing to hold bilateral talks related to military cooperation. This meeting aims to promote a model of stronger relations between the two countries..

This week, the Malaysian Ministry of Defense reported that the Nimr Mk2 armored vehicle of Edge (Nimr) will be tested to meet the requirements of the Malaysian Army.
Note that an armored vehicle from the UAE company Caldus was previously tested.

1693500263329.jpeg

This has so much potential. Aside from the eventual development of those loyal wingmen, it's super interesting how they seem to be developing a two-seat version of the KF-21.

Hopefully they're working on creating weapons bays for the next prototype first.

UAE is always making these impressive decisions.
1694885584833.jpeg

So Indonesia is out of the equation @Indos ?

Unlikely, that Korean twitter guy is anti Indonesian hehehe. UAE may have interest in joining the program, but unlikely to replace Indonesian position if SK agree to include UAE into the program.

Previously he said Indonesia is also kicked out by Poland

Credible source from Korea will be taken from media like Yonhap.

Last edited:

Clever modus operandi by the South Korean designers and engineering teams to build the first prototype without the bays and test the major aspects of the aircraft first to work out any technical problems with the main systems and then add the bays and continue the testing in that progressive manner. No doubt a lesson learned -- and perhaps quite possibly advised by US assistance -- from the harsh & costly experiences of the F-35.

And with the UAE's need to add EDGE munitions, it will be interesting to see how they incorporate weapons like the Al Tariq to the aircraft in stealth configuration or will they settle on using them in non-stealth mode.

Indonesia is still in apparently.. it owns 20% of the program.. but haven't paid its full due yet.. hence comes the UAE to pay that due and get into the full program..

It is still proposal from UAE, I believe Indonesia will not back down on its cost share payment since it is a matter of nation credibility. South Korea I think will consider to include UAE as the second partner with this UAE proposal.

Previous proposal about getting Indonesian stake is also done by Poland with no result. Unlikely SK will do that.

It is still proposal from UAE, I believe Indonesia will not back down on its cost share payment since it is a matter of nation credibility. South Korea I think will consider to include UAE as the second partner with this UAE proposal.

Previous proposal about getting Indonesian stake is also done by Poland with no result. Unlikely SK will do that.
What I understand from this proposal.. is that the UAE wants to get in as an R&D partner with some ToT and local production of some components.. the payment it wants to make is to relieve Indonesia from that burden ..if there is one..But not getting Indonesia's stake.. rather it is a gesture to get in as a full partner in the program and pour in the necessary funds to accelerate it.. the main aim of the UAE is to replace its F-16 blk 60 with the KF-21 block X in the future..

What I understand from this proposal.. is that the UAE wants to get in as an R&D partner with some ToT and local production of some components.. the payment it wants to make is to relieve Indonesia from that burden ..if there is one..But not getting Indonesia's stake.. rather it is a gesture to get in as a full partner in the program and pour in the necessary funds to accelerate it.. the main aim of the UAE is to replace its F-16 blk 60 with the KF-21 block X in the future..

That is good thing if UAE wants to enter KF21 program while Indonesia stake remains. So more firm sales for KF21 and the price can be lower further.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom