What's new

MADE IN UAE

@Gomig-21
Important capability you didn't mention is the integration of the Saber 220 on the Mirage-2000, this would give EAF a huge increase in its standoff ability without having to rely on the SCALPs alone.

So wait, is it already integrated on the 2Ks or will be? I'm confused, which is nothing new lol.

BTW, not sure if Morocco is for sure getting the Mirages or what tbh its been a lot of hearsay.

Really? I thought it was a done deal. Interestiiiiiinnnnnggggah. EAF should plow right in and take them! lol

@Gomig-21
Important capability you didn't mention is the integration of the Saber 220 on the Mirage-2000, this would give EAF a huge increase in its standoff ability without having to rely on the SCALPs alone.

BTW, not sure if Morocco is for sure getting the Mirages or what tbh its been a lot of hearsay.

View attachment 848568

"The missile is not envisaged as a replacement for the standoff weapons already available to the UAE, including the MBDA Al-Shaheen derivative of the Scalp/Storm Shadow air-launched cruise missile, but as an additional capability targeted for integration on the UAE’s Dassault Mirage 2000s."
It will be hopefully in year or two, but it is in early development.
You know when this CM will mass produced ?

Abu Dhabi intends to purchase hypersonic weapons for the UAE armed forces, and localize missile technology for national defense conglomerate EDGE.

@Ghostkiller
Sometimes I don't trust TR. First EDGE must have experience in mass producing advanced missiles like cruise missiles, ballistic missiles then maybe hypersonic missiles/weapons. No one will give to UAE hypersonic missiles unless it is North Korea which it would need a lot of money to convince them. I think the last time UAE bought north korean BM they didn't like it. It is hardly that UAE will produce or buy hypersonic missiles.

Sometimes I don't trust TR. First EDGE must have experience in mass producing advanced missiles like cruise missiles, ballistic missiles then maybe hypersonic missiles/weapons. No one will give to UAE hypersonic missiles unless it is North Korea which it would need a lot of money to convince them. I think the last time UAE bought north korean BM they didn't like it. It is hardly that UAE will produce or buy hypersonic missiles.
Hypersonics are not inherently hard, Brazil was able to develop a scramjet plus used a sounding rocket as the booster of it.

I would give it 5-10 years.

Funds are quite tight in Brazil as well.

1654044978720.png

It would need a lot of investment, but I'm sure if the UAE military wanted it they would put in billions of dollars.

Last edited:
Turkey and the UAE sign two memoranda of understanding in the field of defense industries

Hypersonics are not inherently hard, Brazil was able to develop a scramjet plus used a sounding rocket as the booster of it.

I would give it 5-10 years.

Funds are quite tight in Brazil as well.

View attachment 849882

It would need a lot of investment, but I'm sure if the UAE military wanted it they would put in billions of dollars.
you need wind tunnels first for hypersonic weapons

@Ghostkiller @The SC
Never noticed this, but the Garmoosha helicopter drone carries mortar munitions with glide wings apparently.

1654139500838.png

And also their quadcopter drones will be much more useful that the ones used in Ukraine because their munitions use TV seekers instead of no guidance like most drones.

1654139993138.png

Last edited:
Halcon is going to add Satcom capability to its drones very soon
@The SC

UAE Firm To Flight Test Satellite-Linked Drones In 2023

In the United Arab Emirate, the defense firm Halcon is currently developing multiple unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) that utilize satellite navigation.

Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), which combines GPS, GLONASS and other satellite-based navigation systems, is used on the company’s Shadow 25, Shadow 50-TJ, Shadow 50-P, RW-24 and Reach-S loitering munition platforms, the company says.

“The Shadow is a family of loitering UAV systems that provide defense forces with a powerful, long-range, high-speed munition. The fixed-wing family delivers precision air-strike capabilities against fixed targets,” Saeed Al Mansoori, Halcon CEO told Breaking Defense. “The Shadow 25 and 50-TJ have a turbojet engine while the Shadow 50-P has a piston engine. These UAVs intend to swiftly neutralize stationary enemy targets.”

The RW-24 is a smart loitering munition that delivers autonomous ground strike capabilities against various types of targets. Equipped with GNSS, accuracy can be enhanced by upgrading its control system with an optical seeker head, he said.

Reach-S, meanwhile, is a medium-altitude, long endurance (MALE) UAV. It is suitable for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) missions as it is a reusable platform.

Al Mansoori said each of the systems is being developed “solely” by Halcon, not using Western IP. He said the company plans to fly the drones by early 2023.

The company says all of the Halcon UAVs achieve beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) control, even if their range is not much greater than that of the Bayraktar – each between 200km and 300km.

Al Mansoori didn’t specify the satellite Halcon’s UAV’S will be linked to, or how they will be secured from jamming, an added concern that comes with the satellite upgrade.

“Halcon’s UAVs are securely linked to satellites to be able to communicate with the operator or ground control station via GNSS,” Al Mansoor said. “These systems provide armed forces with a precision long-range, air-to-ground strike capability as well as actionable ISR. This is enabled through strong satellite-based navigation systems.”

View attachment 851916

Halcon loitering munition similar to Harpy/Harop

9 hour endurance and 50kg warhead
2023 will be ready for marketing and they will add satcom witch mean fuel capacity only will decide the range.

SHADOW50-P
PAYLOAD
Up to 50kg
ENDURANCE
Up to 9 hours
CRUISING SPEED
180km/h
ENGINE
Piston engine
RANGE
Up to 295km

SHADOW50-TJ
PAYLOAD
Up to 50kg
RANGE
Up to 240km
SHADOW25
PAYLOAD
25kg
RANGE
250km
MAX CEILING
25,000ft

2023 will be ready for marketing and they will add satcom witch mean fuel capacity only will decide the range.

SHADOW50-P
PAYLOAD
Up to 50kg
ENDURANCE
Up to 9 hours
CRUISING SPEED
180km/h
ENGINE
Piston engine
RANGE
Up to 295km

SHADOW50-TJ
PAYLOAD
Up to 50kg
RANGE
Up to 240km
SHADOW25
PAYLOAD
25kg
RANGE
250km
MAX CEILING
25,000ft
Hope they make MLRS system like the M270/HIMARS soon.

Although they do have the DS-80GLER rocket with 80km range and 25kg warhead.

Back
Top Bottom