What's new

Latribune: Egypt to sign for two more U-209s and Eurppean companies vie for warship tender

Frogman

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
Germany would close a new sale of two submarines to Egypt

Egypt soon should exercise an option for the acquisition of two additional submarines U -209 manufactured by the German naval group ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems.

Egypt soon should exercise an option for the acquisition of two additional submarines U -209 manufactured by the German naval group ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems.Certainly Germany persists and signs . Namely Berlin is preparing to sign very soon with Egypt a new contract for the sale of two more submarines U -209 manufactured by the naval group ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems ( TKMS ) , according to our information. Despite controversies that accompany certain export sales towards countries that could endanger Israel's security .

It would be an option on two new buildings , which would be exercised by Cairo in the OTC contract signed in the summer of 2011 for an amount of € 920 million . Then a deposit had been paid a few months later in December. The first armed submarine sea Harpoon Block II - sea missiles from Boeing , to be delivered in 2016.

Towards a more restrictive policy on arms exports ?

But this sale if it materializes could even be challenged by the recent statements of the German Economy Minister , Sigmar Gabriel , the German magazine Stern where he notably said last week that Germany would strengthen the control of arms exports. "I agree with Helmut Schmidt: it is a shame that Germany is one of the largest arms exporters in the world , said the head of SPD In particular, the arms simply become weapons . civil war. So things must change . this is why I am in favor of a restrictive policy regarding arms exports . "

" If guns are made in poor areas, this can be a deadly trade ," said Sigmar Gabriel , while understanding the argument that says a stricter framework for arms exports could cost jobs . " No weapons in countries where civil war is financed . Moreover , no one should sell arms to unjust regimes," said Minister of Economy . Egypt made it into this category ? Sigmar Gabriel, who instructed the authorization of arms sales records, also called for more transparency in the authorization of arms transfers , issue debate the Federal Council of the German security, it is a member . Rules dating from the Cold War. Germany does ultimately deliver submarines in Cairo ? To be continued ...

Visit of the Egyptian Minister of Industry in Paris

Accompanied by a delegation of businessmen , the Egyptian Minister of Trade and Industry , Mounir Fakhri Abdel- Nour, began Monday a three-day visit to France for a charming country towards the French groups. He will be received at Bercy and MEDEF particular . Besides France , the Egyptian delegation is scheduled to visit Berlin , London, Washington and Moscow.

If DCNS was offside a possible sale of submarines in Egypt (no authorization ) , however , the naval group is currently competing to place four armed corvettes (VL Mica missile , MBDA Exocet and Sinbad ) to Cairo. A competition that is very complicated to face German TKMS , supported by the businessman Iskandar Safa , through the holding Privinvest and the Dutch Damen .

L'Allemagne serait proche d'une nouvelle vente de deux sous-marins à l'Egypte

With which money? Isn't current coup goverment run country with Saudi money? I believe trying to fix economy should be more important for Egypt.

"I agree with Helmut Schmidt: it is a shame that Germany is one of the largest arms exporters in the world , said the head of SPD In particular, the arms simply become weapons . civil war. So things must change . this is why I am in favor of a restrictive policy regarding arms exports . "

:bad::suicide2: No you moron,it means money flowing in the country and people having jobs.All the other countries out there try to sell as much they can only today's Gay Germany moans like a girl.Somebody plz give ze germans their balls back !

With which money? Isn't current coup goverment run country with Saudi money? I believe trying to fix economy should be more important for Egypt.

Yes, we pay for everything in Egypt. Did you not know?

Why do you sound like you are hurt? Are you a Saudi Arabian, Egyptian or let alone an Arab since this matters to you what two brotherly Arab/Semitic countries with ancient ties and Muslim neighbors such as KSA and Egypt do?:o:o_O

@Frogman

Great news.

The military's budget is classified, the state itself provides a small amount of the overall budget, the rest is filled in by the military's business enterprise. So what may be relevant for Egypts economy as a whole may not be relevant for the military.

We didn't pay for the first batch sir, and we never declared any military aid package officially yet.

So please put your groundless accusation back into your pocket.

I dont think the Egyptians should spend money on military right now, I sincerely mean that, I think they should first try and quell their civil unrest first by using the money in ''innovative'' ways.....

I dont think the Egyptians should spend money on military right now, I sincerely mean that, I think they should first try and quell their civil unrest first by using the money in ''innovative'' ways.....

They have to. They are retiring the entire fleet of their Soviet, Sino subs.

I wonder who the subs will be to defend from, at present I dont think even Israel has aggressive designs towards Egypt, but better safe than sorry

There retiring 4 subs soon. Leaving them with nothing after retiring the other 8 subs.

They have to. They are retiring the entire fleet of their Soviet, Sino subs.

Correct improved Romeo class subs atleast 2 of 4 would be retired in next 2-3 years by the time atleast 1 type 209 should be ready. So it is a requirement that cannot be neglected...

Interesting thing 920 Euro price which means they would be advanced submarines but not as advance as the 3 of 6 israeli Dolphin class. Expensive sure but it comes from the best submarines makers Germany.

Back
Top Bottom