What's new

German Government To Cancel Saudi Tank Deal

Altay is the most logical option for saudi arabia if it wants to develop its defence industry. A deal for the Altay would most likely come with local production for saudi arabia . Saudi Arabia would then have the capability to produce all land vehicles I can think of thanks to the Fnss factory and some indigenous saudi mraps.

Altay is the most logical option for saudi arabia if it wants to develop its defence industry. A deal for the Altay would most likely come with local production for saudi arabia . Saudi Arabia would then have the capability to produce all land vehicles I can think of thanks to the Fnss factory and some indigenous saudi mraps.

It's most logical, until there is a German engine ban :D

Altay seriously needs a Turkish Engine.

Local production in KSA should be a priority IMO. So Altay would not be a bad option if this happens. Let's wait and see.

What do you think @Mosamania ?

I feel like ties between GCC and Turkey are totally unfulfilled. There is a lot of potential. Not only in terms of military cooperation.

first of all israel and zionists got germany by the balls since ww2 so it has nothing to do with human rights. germans should start a revolution against the government puppets. cuz germany could have a bigger role in world affairs if it wasn't for zionist rats.

as for the tanks. yes saudi and turkey have disagreements but both countries are very pragmatic and are capable of putting those differences aside. turkey's main interest when it comes to foreign affairs is economic development and interests. so the muslim brotherhood issue can be put aside in favor of both countries interest. saudi and turkey must have a better and stronger cooperation and i think both countries are well known for being pragmatic when it comes to political interests @Mosamania

by the way im really fascinated with SAAB group. i think saudi could use alot of its technology and it would be great if we can partner up with them. but again i guess they got this human rights BS

on a separate note.. after watching the wars in afghanistan iraq and syria.. i think they should redefine the purpose of the tank. im not an expert but after watching hundreds of videos i came to the conclusion that if i was in a war i dont think id want to be in a tank. they were like sitting ducks for mujahideen. even if they had good armors it won't do them good when facing one ton of explosives in the side of the street. so maybe the experts can share their thoughts about this.

Relations made with Turkey today will pay dividends when the Turkish fifth gen fighter is produced. Increased military relationship is in the interest of both countries but would be painted very weirdly the media IMO.

after watching the wars in afghanistan iraq and syria.. i think they should redefine the purpose of the tank. im not an expert but after watching hundreds of videos i came to the conclusion that if i was in a war i dont think id want to be in a tank. they were like sitting ducks for mujahideen. even if they had good armors it won't do them good when facing one ton of explosives in the side of the street

Plus nobody wants to get pegged by a tiny drone up so high you can't even see it. It's one thing to be driving down a road and get hit vs sitting down behind your lines having lunch next to your tank and some tiny uav decides your number is up.

first of all israel and zionists got germany by the balls since ww2 so it has nothing to do with human rights. germans should start a revolution against the government puppets. cuz germany could have a bigger role in world affairs if it wasn't for zionist rats.

as for the tanks. yes saudi and turkey have disagreements but both countries are very pragmatic and are capable of putting those differences aside. turkey's main interest when it comes to foreign affairs is economic development and interests. so the muslim brotherhood issue can be put aside in favor of both countries interest. saudi and turkey must have a better and stronger cooperation and i think both countries are well known for being pragmatic when it comes to political interests @Mosamania

by the way im really fascinated with SAAB group. i think saudi could use alot of its technology and it would be great if we can partner up with them. but again i guess they got this human rights BS

on a separate note.. after watching the wars in afghanistan iraq and syria.. i think they should redefine the purpose of the tank. im not an expert but after watching hundreds of videos i came to the conclusion that if i was in a war i dont think id want to be in a tank. they were like sitting ducks for mujahideen. even if they had good armors it won't do them good when facing one ton of explosives in the side of the street. so maybe the experts can share their thoughts about this.

What about looking towards other options? Maybe Asian nations such as South Korea, Indonesia, China etc.? The GCC as a whole should work jointly to create a common indigenous defense industry. I really think that local production at a much bigger scale is crucial.
We have the financial resources for such a project and the human resources as well nowadays. At least enough to do much more than is currently being done. Look at how Turkey for instance has developed on this front in the past 10 years. We can do the same.

Sometimes I get the feeling that the government is wasting too many billions on unnecessary weapons from the West.

Last edited:
What about looking towards other options? Maybe Asian nations such as South Korea, Indonesia, China etc.? The GCC as a whole should work jointly to create a common indigenous defense industry. I really think that local production at a much bigger scale is crucial.
We have the financial resources for such a project and the human resources as well nowadays. At least enough to do much more than is currently being done. Look at how Turkey for instance has developed on this front in the past 10 years. We can do the same.

Sometimes I get the feeling that the government is wasting too many billions on unnecessary weapons from the West.
well my thoughts on this is that america have been blackmailing saudi for decades.. they want the money to circulate and get back into the american economy. so the ideal situation is to keep buying some time and build our own deterrence weapons. for example what saudi, and any other gcc country if interested, should start doing is developing its own guided missiles. buying tanks and where to build them its not a big deal. it could happen. saudi needs are a strong air force a strong navy and strong deterrence ( strategic missile force ) . when it comes to land force they need men who are highly trained and can move very fast with light advanced weapons for example guided mortars and fast moving and advances armored infantry vehicles etc. so buying 800 tanks isn't on the top list of priorities.
as you said " the government is wasting too many billions on unnecessary weapons from the West. "
now dont get me wrong tanks are important specially if its something like the israeli merkava or german leopard. but there are few scenarios where saudi will need them. of course we always need to be ready but if its not the best tank out there then it could wait until we can make our own with the help of other nations that are capable of delivering state of the art technology. russia and china is too much for our allies to swallow. so i dont think its possible for political reasons now.
id like to share some interesting videos about tanks and their armors.

Plus nobody wants to get pegged by a tiny drone up so high you can't even see it. It's one thing to be driving down a road and get hit vs sitting down behind your lines having lunch next to your tank and some tiny uav decides your number is up.
speaking about drones this is the scariest shit iv seen.. even for civilians. its just too much

Germany halts arms exports to Saudi Arabia

Berlin (AFP) - Germany has decided to stop arms exports to Saudi Arabia because of "instability in the region," German daily Bild reported on Sunday.

Weapons orders from Saudi Arabia have either been "rejected, pure and simple," or deferred for further consideration, the newspaper said, adding that the information has not been officially confirmed.

The decision was taken on Wednesday by the national security council, a government body that includes Chancellor Angela Merkel, Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel and seven other ministers, it said.

"According to government sources, the situation in the region is too unstable to ship arms there," added the daily.

Saudi Arabia follows a strict and highly conservative form of Islam, and as home to some of its holiest sites plays a key role as a spiritual leader for Sunni Muslims and mediator in the Middle East.

Its importance was made clear on Saturday when world leaders converged on Riyadh to offer condolences following the death of King Abdullah, including Britain's prime minister and France's president.

Germany was represented by former president Christian Wulff.

The kingdom is "one of the most important clients of Germany's arms industry," with 360 million euros ($400 million) of arms shipments authorised in 2013, Bild said.

But it has also come under fire from human rights groups for its harsh treatment of religious minorities and women, as well as the lack of transparency in its legal system.

A survey carried out for Bild found that 78 percent of Germans believe Berlin should stop selling arms to Saudi Arabia -- and a further 60 percent want to break off trade ties all together -- due to human rights violations.

Germany halts arms exports to Saudi Arabia - Yahoo News

I say we go for the Merkava, it's a nice tank with strong armor.

@500 is the Merkava available for export?

I say we go for the Merkava, it's a nice tank with strong armor.

@500 is the Merkava available for export?
HAHA i had the same thought on my mind. the only way we can do this if we go and steal them all. :sarcastic:

Big opportunity for atlay,imagine if +300 ordered is placed for atlay by KSA.

will surely be a hell of a success for Atlay program and turkish defence industry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom