What's new

German Government To Cancel Saudi Tank Deal

National powerpack project (1500hp+transmission) is scheduled to catch production of Altay by 2020. Until this time, It is planned to produce around 250 Altay MBT with German engine + transmission. In accordance with German's Saudi Arabia policy, It looks not possible to export Altay+MTU powerpack to S. Arabia.

Big opportunity for atlay,imagine if +300 ordered is placed for atlay by KSA.

will surely be a hell of a success for Atlay program and turkish defence industry

Saudis are too stupid to realize that ToT will benefit them in the long run. They rather buy the flashiest toy, than putting in work to develop their own weapons. The oil has blinded them.

Try Al Khalid 2 and we can jointly produce the same and engine is also not a big issue and its from Ukraine
or maybe take Al Khalid 2 to another level and make even more advanced. redesign it. and maybe build our own engines. we can always headhunt engineers from around the world to bring their expertise and develop a future tank.
but we need to start
it would be a great saudi pak tank

Local production in KSA should be a priority IMO. So Altay would not be a bad option if this happens. Let's wait and see.

What do you think @Mosamania ?

I feel like ties between GCC and Turkey are totally unfulfilled. There is a lot of potential. Not only in terms of military cooperation.

I don't think local production and ToT would be a problem with KSA.

But the tank is not finished yet.

1-) Development of Active Protection system AKKOR has not been finished yet.
2-) Development of National Powerpack project has not finished yet too.

And we will need to wait till 2020 to see them both finished.....if you are looking for an immediate solution. Altay is not an option.

Try Al Khalid 2 and we can jointly produce the same and engine is also not a big issue and its from Ukraine

You know Al Khalid 2 is not a substitute for Leo 2A6...

Altay : 65 tonnes
Leo 2A6: 63 tonnes
Al Khalid 2: 46 tonnes.

Ak Khalid is a medium tank wheras Leo and Altay are heavy tanks.

I don't think local production and ToT would be a problem with KSA.

But the tank is not finished yet.

1-) Development of Active Protection system AKKOR has not been finished yet.
2-) Development of National Powerpack project has not finished yet too.

And we will need to wait till 2020 to see them both finished.....if you are looking for an immediate solution. Altay is not an option.

You know Al Khalid 2 is not a substitute for Leo 2A6...

Altay : 65 tonnes
Leo 2A6: 63 tonnes
Al Khalid 2: 46 tonnes.

Ak Khalid is a medium tank wheras Leo and Altay are heavy tanks.

whats the difference between a medium and a heavy tank ?

or maybe take Al Khalid 2 to another level and make even more advanced. redesign it. and maybe build our own engines. we can always headhunt engineers from around the world to bring their expertise and develop a future tank.
but we need to start
it would be a great saudi pak tank

AK-1 is built on Specs provided by KSA during desert testing. KSA has a number of Al-Khalids for testing purposes.

land.jpg

It isn't a $25 billion tank-deal. The deal was supposed to include Armor Vehicles, Artilleries, Anti-Tank missiles, as well as Propelled Guns with a huge ToT.

What have you guys done so bad that Germans are cancelling the deal

It's like the difference between a medium weight boxer and heavy weight boxer.
LOL i dont think youll see 2 tanks running into each other head to head in a ring
i meant technically ?
there is a difference of 20 tons between the abraham and alkhalid and the latest russian tank. so whats the difference ?
look at this vid.. they both do the same job so i dont get what you meant by medium and heavy tank

LOL i dont think youll see 2 tanks running into each other head to head in a ring
i meant technically ?
there is a difference of 20 tons between the abraham and alkhalid and the latest russian tank. so whats the difference ?
look at this vid.. they both do the same job so i dont get what you meant by medium and heavy tank

Mate, increased weight means increased size...hence.

More armour, better engine, more ammunitions stored in the tank, powerful weapons systems, tank will effect less from the kickback of the gun, etc.... are the things what first comes into my mind.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About making a tank from scratch.... mate you are not doing a cheeseburger. It's not easy to do like you say. I'm not saying it's impossible but it's hard.

I will like to talk with you in these matters if you like to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate, increased weight means increased size...hence.

More armour, better engine, more ammunitions stored in the tank, powerful weapons systems, tank will effect less from the kickback of the gun, etc.... are the things what first comes into my mind.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About making a tank from scratch.... mate you are not doing a cheeseburger. It's not easy to do like you say. I'm not saying it's impossible but it's hard.

I will like to talk with you in these matters if you like to.
any information would be appreciated.. im not an expert on tanks. but i know for todays world they have to redefine the job and mission and capabilities of a tank.

first of all israel and zionists got germany by the balls since ww2 so it has nothing to do with human rights. germans should start a revolution against the government puppets. cuz germany could have a bigger role in world affairs if it wasn't for zionist rats.

as for the tanks. yes saudi and turkey have disagreements but both countries are very pragmatic and are capable of putting those differences aside. turkey's main interest when it comes to foreign affairs is economic development and interests. so the muslim brotherhood issue can be put aside in favor of both countries interest. saudi and turkey must have a better and stronger cooperation and i think both countries are well known for being pragmatic when it comes to political interests @Mosamania

by the way im really fascinated with SAAB group. i think saudi could use alot of its technology and it would be great if we can partner up with them. but again i guess they got this human rights BS

on a separate note.. after watching the wars in afghanistan iraq and syria.. i think they should redefine the purpose of the tank. im not an expert but after watching hundreds of videos i came to the conclusion that if i was in a war i dont think id want to be in a tank. they were like sitting ducks for mujahideen. even if they had good armors it won't do them good when facing one ton of explosives in the side of the street. so maybe the experts can share their thoughts about this.
Hi,

sir can you please stp saying it, every time you mention it i go :lol:

I'm not an expert too... but i know a few things. I will share them with you when i got home.
Hi,

sorry to butt in but i too can share some nice articles of tank formation and stuff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom