What's new

German Government To Cancel Saudi Tank Deal

just increase the order to 1200 tanks and they will happily oblige.

You can forget about a joint GCC anything anytime soon. Also KAUST and stuff will slowly disappear into nothingness. It takes only two weeks to destroy 10 years of hard work you know.

Why in the world are you saying such depressive stuff to me? Explain your last sentence. It sounds like unfounded negative nonsense to me. No offense.

inshallah i really wanna get into this field of business. trust me im not rich. but i told you im a hustler. :big_boss:

Bro, I was more interested in hearing your opinion about my post and what you think needs to be done in terms of kickstarting a much greater indigenous military industry in KSA and the GCC as a whole (preferably a joint project or even more projects).

@Gasoline @Bubblegum Crisis @Full Moon @JUBA @Altamimi

Please give your opinions as well.

@al-Hasani look the GCC as a whole forget about it. maybe some projects between saudi and uae on the side and some other small projects here and there.
my opinion is they should be realistic in choosing what kind of weapon they want to start building and producing.
and also they should start small then with time get bigger. saudi already started and also uae.
for example what would make sense for me is if saudi took the initiative to start building guided missiles.
uae started a joint program with one of the big american companies to make guided rockets. the ones you see on the apache helicopter. thats a good start.
so as i said guided missiles program with all types of warheads is a must and would be a good start. why ?
cuz first you will still be doing business deals with the west. so it will buy you some time to start the project and have less pressure from the west. 2nd reason you need something really powerful and could be used as a deterrence. MBT won't do that. 3rd obviously we wont start with sophisticated weapons and machine like submarines and 5th generation planes.
so missiles is the best start. now who can we do it with ? pakistan and china of course. but we need to build it in saudi and have our own R&D

@al-Hasani look the GCC as a whole forget about it. maybe some projects between saudi and uae on the side and some other small projects here and there.
my opinion is they should be realistic in choosing what kind of weapon they want to start building and producing.
and also they should start small then with time get bigger. saudi already started and also uae.
for example what would make sense for me is if saudi took the initiative to start building guided missiles.
uae started a joint program with one of the big american companies to make guided rockets. the ones you see on the apache helicopter. thats a good start.
so as i said guided missiles program with all types of warheads is a must and would be a good start. why ?
cuz first you will still be doing business deals with the west. so it will buy you some time to start the project and have less pressure from the west. 2nd reason you need something really powerful and could be used as a deterrence. MBT won't do that. 3rd obviously we wont start with sophisticated weapons and machine like submarines and 5th generation planes.
so missiles is the best start. now who can we do it with ? pakistan and china of course. but we need to build it in saudi and have our own R&D

I am starting to believe that annexing all those small GCC states sometime in the future along with Oman and UAE is the only solution, lol.
Don't get me wrong I have no problem with them as countries or people but a united GCC (formally) would be so much stronger. Joking aside then I can't phantom why there are not more joint projects on more fronts in the GCC. The potential is enormous. Of course the GCC will only expand as a regional cooperation and none of the GCC states pose a threat to KSA but you know what I mean.

See this thread;

The unification of the Arabian Peninsula?

I agree with the guided missiles part. In general missile technology. Anyway I don't have much time on my hands right now so can't expand more.

I am starting to believe that annexing all those small GCC states sometime in the future along with Oman and UAE is the only solution, lol.
Don't get me wrong I have no problem with them as countries or people but a united GCC (formally) would be so much stronger. Joking aside then I can't phantom why there are not more joint projects on more fronts in the GCC. The potential is enormous. Of course the GCC will only expand as a regional cooperation and none of the GCC states pose a threat to KSA but you know what I mean.

See this thread;

The unification of the Arabian Peninsula?

I agree with the guided missiles part. In general missile technology. Anyway I don't have much time on my hands right now so can't expand more.
Doing that is not exactly a walk in the park, I would even say that it's impossible on the UAE front. Same thing with Oman, really. And the new king seems to like Qatar.. That's about it other than Bahrain lol

Doing that is not exactly a walk in the park, I would even say that it's impossible on the UAE front. Same thing with Oman, really. And the new king seems to like Qatar.. That's about it other than Bahrain lol

I was joking bro but I still believe that the GCC (maybe even the entire Arabian Peninsula as a whole if Yemen wakes of from its sleep) will unite into a federal state one day when the need arrises.

Bahrain should be part of KSA to begin with. We are talking about an island a few km outside of the coastline of the Eastern Province. It's all part of the ancient Dilmun civilization, native to Bahrain and the Eastern Province of KSA.

Dilmun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eastern Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Practically all locals are from the Eastern Province originally and the rulers are from Najd.

Qatar has little legitimacy as well. It's not even an island but a small peninsula located on the world's biggest peninsula (Arabian Peninsula).

If I could I would annex both countries tonight, lol.

Last edited:
I was joking bro but I still believe that the GCC (maybe even the entire Arabian Peninsula as a whole if Yemen wakes of from its sleep) will unite into a federal state one day when the need arrises.

Bahrain should be part of KSA to begin with. We are talking about an island a few km outside of the coastline of the Eastern Province. It's all part of the ancient Dilmun civilization, native to Bahrain and the Eastern Province of KSA.

Dilmun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eastern Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Practically all locals are from the Eastern Province originally and the rulers are from Najd.

Qatar has little legitimacy as well. It's not even an island but a small peninsula located on the world's biggest peninsula (Arabian Peninsula).

If I could I would annex both countries tonight, lol.
I have friends from the royal family.. i use to tell them what the hell was your grandfather thinking ?! why didnt he just took all the peninsula ?! lol @Ahmed Jo its a joke lol
except for yemen ofcourse. look what i really believe is that saudi should take the initiative and start something. then one by one they can join. depending on their foreign policy.
the problem with other gulf countries is that a lot are either infiltrated by shia and iranians or have strong ties with iran like oman. at the same time they consider saudi as their main security. so the good thing to do is unite in sensitive projects only with some countries. last thing we want is an iranian spy in sensitive positions or projects like what's happening in kuwait. so everything has to be saudi led and saudi managed and based in saudi. what we need from them is 2 things:
1 brains and very trustworthy ppl. no big numbers
2 some financing.

I have friends from the royal family.. i use to tell them what the hell was your grandfather thinking ?! why didnt he just took all the peninsula ?! lol @Ahmed Jo its a joke lol
except for yemen ofcourse. look what i really believe is that saudi should take the initiative and start something. then one by one they can join. depending on their foreign policy.
the problem with other gulf countries is that a lot are either infiltrated by shia and iranians or have strong ties with iran like oman. at the same time they consider saudi as their main security. so the good thing to do is unite in sensitive projects only with some countries. last thing we want is an iranian spy in sensitive positions or projects like what's happening in kuwait. so everything has to be saudi led and saudi managed and based in saudi. what we need from them is 2 things:
1 brains and very trustworthy ppl. no big numbers
2 some financing.
Lol he was busy with the Hashemites at that time. After he took the Hejaz region his army was heading for Amman and he would have been successful had it not been for the support of the British Royal Air Force. (Thank you RAF)

Lol he was busy with the Hashemites at that time. After he took the Hejaz region his army was heading for Amman and he would have been successful had it not been for the support of the British Royal Air Force. (Thank you RAF)

Yes, had it not been for the British the House of Saud would likely have conquered Jordan, Southern Iraq, the entire GCC (Oman back then was a regional power with possessions in Africa and South Asia) and who knows maybe even what is now nearby Palestine/Israel and large areas of Syria and Yemen.

In all seriousness then there would have been less trouble in the region if there were fewer countries and more powerful ones.

@Rakan.SA

I don't agree with the Farsi "agents" part. Oman prefers a neutral policy. They are not allies of the Mullah's. They are firmly in the GCC camp.

I agree about everything else.

That would actually be great. Financial power, manpower and expertise. All you need to kickstart something promising.
What Turkey, Pakistan and KSA could do is joining on 5th gen fighter, Turkey currently is trying to built it on its own but there is not such a big financial reserve and no know-how on crucial parts to hold the current timeline which is too optimistic in my opinion.
Turkey is going to get F-35 but neither KSA nor Pakistan have any plans or outlook to get 5th gen fighters, it think it would be a Win-Win-Win situation.

Yes, had it not been for the British the House of Saud would likely have conquered Jordan, Southern Iraq, the entire GCC (Oman back then was a regional power with possessions in Africa and South Asia) and who knows maybe even what is now nearby Palestine/Israel and large areas of Syria and Yemen.

In all seriousness then there would have been less trouble in the region if there were fewer countries and more powerful ones.

@Rakan.SA

I don't agree with the Farsi "agents" part. Oman prefers a neutral policy. They are not allies of the Mullah's. They are firmly in the GCC camp.

Yes... Kind of like a big powerful Hashemite kingdom spanning from the levant to south of the Arabian peninsula. But tbh I'm fine with Jordan as it is, no more, no less (except for maybe 'acquiring' Tiran island to ensure safe passage into Jordan's only port city)

Ps. Who owns Tiran island now? Saudi or Egypt? Either way it will be Jordanian if I ever have influence over the issue.

What Turkey, Pakistan and KSA could do is joining on 5th gen fighter, Turkey currently is trying to built it on its own but there is not such a big financial reserve and no know-how on crucial parts to hold the current timeline which is too optimistic in my opinion.
Turkey is going to get F-35 but neither KSA nor Pakistan have any plans or outlook to get 5th gen fighters, it think it would be a Win-Win-Win situation.

Exactly my friend.

I believe, as I wrote earlier, that GCC cooperation with Turkey and vice versa have a tremendous potential. Both countries/regions are one of the few success stories in the Muslim world (especially in the ME) and are moreover stable. The GCC alone has a GDP (nominal) that is almost 2 trillion dollars big. Turkey's GDP (nominal) is 800 billion dollars big. In the top 20 in the world along with KSA. Both nations being G-20 major economies member states.

Both are mainly Sunni Muslim (not that this plays a big role but since we are talking about the ME this plays a role somewhat) and both are in the "Western camp".

The main hindrance to a much more increasing cooperation on all fronts is regional policy. Erdogan is closely tied to the MB which the GCC as a whole (most of the states) see as a threat. I believe that once Erdogan is gone and Turkey will be ruled by a more nationalistic leader relations will improve. Or maybe the GCC will make a deal with the MB or look past the MB connection as a whole when the region calms down.

In any case I am a supporter of increased Arab-Turkish cooperation.

Yes... Kind of like a big powerful Hashemite kingdom spanning from the levant to south of the Arabian peninsula. But tbh I'm fine with Jordan as it is, no more, no less (except for maybe 'acquiring' Tiran island to ensure safe passage into Jordan's only port city)

Ps. Who owns Tiran island now? Saudi or Egypt? Either way it will be Jordanian if I ever have influence over the issue.

Correct my friend. Had I lived 100 years ago I would obviously have fought under the banners of the Sharifate.:enjoy:

I fully understand that. The majority of the Lebanese, Kuwaitis, Qataris, Bahrainis, Emiratis etc. are of the same opinion nowadays.

Looking at it objectively then the ME as a region would probably be more stable if there were fewer countries and more bigger/stronger entities to create a regional balance.

It's Egyptian. KSA does not claim it. Besides as you know then KSA already has almost 2000 islands and a long coastline.:coffee:

The main hindrance to a much more increasing cooperation on all fronts is regional policy. Erdogan is closely tied to the MB which the GCC as a whole (most of the states) see as a threat. I believe that once Erdogan is gone and Turkey will be ruled by a more nationalistic leader relations will improve. Or maybe the GCC will make a deal with the GCC or look past the MB connection as a whole when the region calms down.

If its about attractive business Erdogan will leave MB so fast you wont believe it, who is MB if even Turkish-Israeli trade multplied since 2010?

I dont think this is a big issue at all.

Exactly my friend.

I believe, as I wrote earlier, that GCC cooperation with Turkey and vice versa have a tremendous potential. Both countries/regions are one of the few success stories in the Muslim world (especially in the ME) and are moreover stable. The GCC alone has a GDP (nominal) that is almost 2 trillion dollars big. Turkey's GDP (nominal) is 800 billion dollars big. In the top 20 in the world along with KSA. Both nations being G-20 major economies member states.

Both are mainly Sunni Muslim (not that this plays a big role but since we are talking about the ME this plays a role somewhat) and both are in the "Western camp".

The main hindrance to a much more increasing cooperation on all fronts is regional policy. Erdogan is closely tied to the MB which the GCC as a whole (most of the states) see as a threat. I believe that once Erdogan is gone and Turkey will be ruled by a more nationalistic leader relations will improve. Or maybe the GCC will make a deal with the MB or look past the MB connection as a whole when the region calms down.

Correct my friend. Had I lived 100 years ago I would obviously have fought under the banners of the Sharifate.:enjoy:

I fully understand that. The majority of the Lebanese, Kuwaitis, Qataris, Bahrainis, Emiratis etc. are of the same opinion nowadays.

Looking at it objectively then the ME as a region would probably be more stable if there were fewer countries and more bigger/stronger entities to create a regional balance.

It's Egyptian. KSA does not claim it. Besides as you know then KSA already has almost 2000 islands and a long coastline.:coffee:
Great. Then this new stronger friendship between Jordan and Egypt will come in handy.

@Rakan.SA

you're very very mistaken buddy.. you need to get updated!
iran has a veto in kuwaits government what are you talking about ?! the last president was irans dog. many business as well. iran almost owns most of the shia media in kuwait. the billionaire who owns it is kuwaiti but speaks like persian he cant speak proper kuwaiti accent.
oman are ebady اباضيه. They played a major role against GCC uniting. and iran depends on oman a lot cuz of the sanctions.
bahrain just turn on your tv and you will see.
UAE is overloaded with iranians and businesses that is linked to the revolutionary guard. and also to get away from the sanctions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom