What's new

German Government To Cancel Saudi Tank Deal

Why in the world are you saying such depressive stuff to me? Explain your last sentence. It sounds like unfounded negative nonsense to me. No offense.

Bro, I was more interested in hearing your opinion about my post and what you think needs to be done in terms of kickstarting a much greater indigenous military industry in KSA and the GCC as a whole (preferably a joint project or even more projects).

@Gasoline @Bubblegum Crisis @Full Moon @JUBA @Altamimi

Please give your opinions as well.

I appreciate that brother .
I'm so sorry for the late reply.(as you know,in KSA we came back to the study life :smart: )

However, we all agree that arms industry is an important matter(or problem) that must be settled .:tup:

I totally agree with you word by word .

In my humble opinion,I think the only reason that could push arabs to move toward the military industry is blocking western arms exports and I hope that happens.

I'm sure they will wake up from their damn coma and start working like men.Otherwise,we'll still see tons of billions wasted on some shit** weapons .:lol:

We're always ask ourselves what is missing(except expertise and experts )? are we so poor to this level !

As I know,the general requirements for any manufacturing process are :

- Geographical location >>> Excellent
- Energy Resources >>> Very Enough
- Manpower >>> poor & need improvement (can be solved by attracting foreign workers)
- Capitals >>> Available with extreme amounts
- Markets >>> No need (until achieving self-sufficiency firstly)
- Transport and Communications >>> Good
- Water resources >>> Good
- Raw materials >>> Very Good

See form above, the problem is just " manpower " no more..

Although it's just a conventional weapons ! Not mass destruction weapons or biological or chemical or....etc ?
I think they need the permission from other foreign sides ? don't you think ?

Great. Then this new stronger friendship between Jordan and Egypt will come in handy.

Tiran Island lies outside of the Gulf of Aqaba. Logically (if geography is the only measure) then only KSA or Egypt can lay claim on it. I got your point though.

You guys got the Dead Sea though. I made a quick search on Youtube and the first video appeared and it has almost got 2 million views. What the hell?:lol:

I appreciate that brother .
I'm so sorry for the late reply.(as you know,in KSA we came back to the study life :smart: )

However, we all agree that arms industry is an important matter(or problem) that must be settled .:tup:

I totally agree with you word by word .

In my humble opinion,I think the only reason that could push arabs to move toward the military industry is blocking western arms exports and I hope that happens.

I'm sure they will wake up from their damn coma and start working like men.Otherwise,we'll still see tons of billions wasted on some shit** weapons .:lol:

We're always ask ourselves what is missing(except expertise and experts )? are we so poor to this level !

As I know,the general requirements for any manufacturing process are :

- Geographical location >>> Excellent
- Energy Resources >>> Very Enough
- Manpower >>> poor & need improvement (can be solved by attracting foreign workers)
- Capitals >>> Available with extreme amounts
- Markets >>> No need (until achieving self-sufficiency firstly)
- Transport and Communications >>> Good
- Water resources >>> Good
- Raw materials >>> Very Good

See form above, the problem is just " manpower " no more..

Although it's just a conventional weapons ! Not mass destruction weapons or biological or chemical or....etc ?
I think they need the permission from other foreign sides ? don't you think ?

No, need to apologize brother. I apologize for the late reply as well.

Spot on. Very well said.

Manpower would not be a problem if the right resources were put into the right fields. Or if those abroad working for foreign countries and international companies returned home. This goes for KSA and most other Arab states. Anyway all this is changing which is good. Those necessary changes will occur at one point in time but it would be better if they occurred quicker.

I am more and more convinced of the need to limit Western imports. A lot of this money could be spent at home. The government (s) should simply do what is necessary regardless of Western (outside) pressure.

Tiran Island lies outside of the Gulf of Aqaba. Logically (if geography is the only measure) then only KSA or Egypt can lay claim on it. I got your point though.

You guys got the Dead Sea though. I made a quick search on Youtube and the first video appeared and it has almost got 2 million views. What the hell?:lol:

Spot on. Very well said.

Manpower would not be a problem if the right resources were put into the right fields. Or if those abroad working for foreign countries and international companies returned home. This goes for KSA and most other Arab states. Anyway all this is changing which is good. Those necessary changes will occur at one point in time but it would be better if they occurred quicker.

I am more and more convinced of the need to limit Western imports. A lot of this money could be spent at home. The government (s) should simply do what is necessary regardless of Western (outside) pressure.
we got another huge problem... warning you might have a heart attack when you see the numbers

thats just saudi imagine the whole GCC

we got another huge problem... warning you might have a heart attack when you see the numbers

thats just saudi imagine the whole GCC

KSA is only second to the US on this front. Can you imagine? I have always been saying that it's not foreseeable on the long run. Hence the need for even more "Saudization" and more deportations of illegals and legal migrants.

All this can be solved relatively easily though if certain steps are taken. Only skilled foreigners like in the West should be permitted. They form a small minority overall currently. Manual jobs are dying out and locals must understand that there are no countries on this planet where people only have jobs that they want to have. Also the government should also introduce individual taxation too. It's not foreseeable not to pay any taxes at all.

List of countries by tax rates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

55% (if I recall) of the population is below the age of 25. The number is expected to increase. Nowadays most youngsters are educated. Almost all of them.

200.000 are studying abroad at leading universities from the US to Japan. Manpower (in terms of numbers) is the last thing that KSA needs. Look at the youth unemployment. It's largely thanks to the huge number of migrants.

Anyway good news today;

King Salman merges ministries to boost educational standards | Arab News

Last edited:
What Turkey, Pakistan and KSA could do is joining on 5th gen fighter, Turkey currently is trying to built it on its own but there is not such a big financial reserve and no know-how on crucial parts to hold the current timeline which is too optimistic in my opinion.
Turkey is going to get F-35 but neither KSA nor Pakistan have any plans or outlook to get 5th gen fighters, it think it would be a Win-Win-Win situation.

Rumours/interests = J-31 for PAF.

On topic : why doesn't KSA seek help from countries like Pak & Turkiye .. (Pak & Turkiye are already cooperating in defence sector).. With Saudi finances we can achieve much more together without depending on other countries ?

On topic : why doesn't KSA seek help from countries like Pak & Turkiye .. (Pak & Turkiye are already cooperating in defence sector).. With Saudi finances we can achieve much more together without depending on other countries ?

I believe trust deficit.... Banazir Bhutto and Asif Ali Zardari, have hurt Pakistani interests beyond recovery.

Spot on. Very well said.

I'm only saying it's in Jordan's interest to have control over it (at least a military base) because it controls strategic passage into the gulf of Aqaba. During a war scenario, the enemy would try to block Jordan's access to international waters in order to harm its economy and starve its people, that's why there needs to be a strong military presence there to let ships pass through without any trouble. And since there isn't any one living there to begin with, who would object? For 20 billion or so to Egypt I think they would give it to Jordan. Who would object? Israel. And with Jordan in its current state it can't take on the backlash that would come from Israel (through sanctions and what not) or pay 20 billion dollars to anyone (lol).

I believe there will be a time when Jordan can afford to take such bold actions in its best interest, but for now consistent and gradual growth is the key.

The Dead Sea is going to be, well, dead in a century or so unless Jordan and Israel take drastic measures to stop it from drying. They've already built some pipelines to carry water from the Red to the Dead Sea or maybe they're still in the process of building it but even that won't be enough, experts say. Which reminds of this video I saw a while back

But this project has about as much chance of happening as Jordan acquiring the Tiran island, take from that what you will lol.

Just buying shouldnt be your goal, Turkey is domestically producing jets since 4th gen era (F-16) and actively part of F-35 development since 90s + is going to produce fuselage and engine of F-35, this gave us know-how to some degree that today we can think about making own jets, its going to be a long way till we see something but F-35 is on the way anyway so we dont need to rush.
The project would be much faster with partners like KSA (finance), Pakistan (know-how + manpower) and Turkey (know-how, Infrastructure).

Just buying shouldnt be your goal, Turkey is dometically producing jets since 4th gen era (F-16) and actively part of F-35 development since 90s + is going to produce fuselage and engine of F-35, this gave us know-how to some degree that today we can think about making own jets, its going to be a long way till we see something but F-35 is on the way anyway so we dont need to rush.
The project would be much faster with partners like KSA (finance), Pakistan (know-how + manpower) and Turkey (know-how, Infrastructure).

No doubt... our aviation industry isnt as advanced as USA,Russia or even China... but than again one has to start from somewhere...

As of right now we produce/export these aircrafts:

K-8 (JV with China)
Super Mushak
JF-17

(till now hundreds of K-8s,dozens of SMs have been exported to several countries).
Apart from producing components for Boeing,Airbus etc.

But it all boils down to finances... we were to launch our SLV... But the project seems to have been frozen due to financial crisis:

H.jpg

HHH.jpg

Model of Pakistani SLV from Ideas def expo 2000-2002

No doubt... our aviation industry isnt as advanced as USA,Russia or even China... but than again one has to start from somewhere...

As of right now we produce/export these aircrafts:

K-8 (JV with China)
Super Mushak
JF-17

(till now hundreds of K-8s,dozens of SMs have been exported to several countries).
Apart from producing components for Boeing,Airbus etc.

But it all boils down to finances... we were to launch our SLV... But the project seems to have been frozen due to financial crisis:

View attachment 189710

View attachment 189709

Model of Pakistani SLV from Ideas def expo 2000-2002
Thats why we need to join on this project, i have serious doubts if Turkey will manage this alone, producing a 5th gen fighter is much harder than a 4th gen, im not very optimistic tbh, looking at the big countrys with decades of tradition in builting fighters having struggles in this field.

Op topic:

Lt Colonel Amir Ahmed Khan, HIT's deputy director, marketing and procurement, told AFP the company was now working on a deal to sell its Al-Khalid tanks to Saudi Arabia.

“We are in a very advanced stage of striking the deal with Saudi Arabia and already they have used the tanks on a trial basis,” Khan said.

Dec 07, 2014

Ay36irU.png

KSA should work with Korea to develop their own land vehicles for commercial and military use.

Well, I think the German government just gave the middle finger to Human rights hahaha

Germany Approves Weapons Exports to Saudi Arabia
we should put Van Aken and Agnieszka Brugger with Badawi in one cell LOL
too bad no heavy weapons. they got good stuff. we should try with SAAB to build something in saudi

KSA should work with Korea to develop their own land vehicles for commercial and military use.
korea turkey pakistan china are all countries we should work with. not just one of them.

So do KSA have a industrial to make it happen? Every body is tallking we have to build ourselves. First go educate your own people to certain level.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom