What's new

Lahore clash: IG Punjab says cannot arrest policemen for firing

Men in Green

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Inspector General Punjab on Saturday told Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif in a letter that he cannot arrest the policemen responsible for firing at Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) workers during the Model Town incident, Express News reported.

In his letter to the chief minister, IG Punjab stated that those policemen were simply “following someone’s orders”, adding that he could not arrest them for doing that.

The IG did not specify whose orders they were following.

Meanwhile, a list of the policemen who used their weapons during the clash is being compiled. According to sources, footage of the incident was acquired from private channels and is being used to identify those who opened fire.

In Tuesday’s clash between police and PAT supporters, ten people, including two women, were killed and over 80 others were injured. The bloodshed took place outside the Central Secretariat of Minhajul Quran International in the Model Town neighbourhood of Lahore. The clashes erupted in the early hours of June 17 and continued for up to 14 hours.

The confrontation began when a 15-member police team tried to remove barriers outside the PAT leader Dr Tahirul Qadri’s residence and Adara Minhajul Quran’s Central Secretariat in Model Town Colony.

Lahore clash: IG Punjab says cannot arrest policemen for firing

IG must disclose the person who was giving orders. I am in neighborhood of Dr. Qadri and an eye witness, captured this photo with my mobile camera. Police were in 100s.
10461998_855896044438348_3709714010616199409_n.jpg

@Muhammad Omar any expert opinions about who might be giving these orders?

IG must disclose the person who was giving orders. I am in neighborhood of Dr. Qadri and an eye witness, captured this photo with my mobile camera. Police were in 100s.
View attachment 35874

I you are an eye witness then enlighten us what did you see there. Any details you wanna share here?

Two most corrupt institutes or Directorates of Pakistan, Ministry of Interior & Ministry of Justice, both of them are completely controlled by corrupt politicians.

When you hit police with oil bombs along with stones you would be idiot enough to think police will throw roses at you

Cut this BS already.We have bigger problems to look out for..Near future we could see tough and bigger challenges for pakistan.

Stop politicizing this issue PTI TUQ bastards..You want to get rid of the only CM working for this country and then bring who Imran khan who is copying every project from federal n punjab in KPK this is hypocrisy at its finest.

When you hit police with oil bombs along with stones you would be idiot enough to think police will throw roses at you

Cut this BS already.We have bigger problems to look out for..Near future we could see tough and bigger challenges for pakistan.

Stop politicizing this issue PTI TUQ bastards..You want to get rid of the only CM working for this country and then bring who Imran khan who is copying every project from federal n punjab in KPK this is hypocrisy at its finest.

How about start talking about above IGP's statement? Genius?

Patwaris disappeared both for tv and PDF ... hiding faces in shame .... No senior PMLN member on media .. they are sending new people to do get embarrassed on TV....

Back
Top Bottom