What's new

Khalistan Movement

Like many Indians on this forum and off it, I see you also make yourself out to be an expert on Baloch issues. Allow me to please set some things in perspective for you.

If you think Khalistan was something, thank God you never had the misfortune of fighting the Taliban. They're a tough bunch and I speak through experience. Guess who beat them, us. And it was no easy task, the 48 nation coalition to our west will vouch for as much.
Balochistan in comparison, totally different story. They're small nomadic bands of no more than 50 individuals a camp who lack the capacity to put up a fight. Hit and Run is their MO and if you believe that blowing up a pipeline or ten accounts for "interesting times", I'd rather not ask you how dull ones go.

Have you beaten the Taliban already? I guess the APS massacre was in the last century if you've already forgotten it. What a colossal disservice to the memory of the poor martyred children. Or maybe you're counting your chickens before they hatch.

Regarding CPEC, it runs through Balochistan, but BLA isn't the only active group in Balochistan. There are others too. Or have you forgotten your 60 police recruits martyred last month?

All I can say, interesting times ahead regarding CPEC :-)

Have you beaten the Taliban already? I guess the APS massacre was in the last century if you've already forgotten it. What a colossal disservice to the memory of the poor martyred children. Or maybe you're counting your chickens before they hatch.

Sir when I first entered Bajaur back in 2008, I was told to jump off a hovering heli because they couldn't even spare the time of touching down as there were RPGs already flying around like sparrows. I landed in a fort that was the last bastion of Pakistan's sovereignty for an area extending over 1500 sq km. With over 10% of Pakistan's landmass at the time, being in control of the Taliban. From there we have fought for every inch until now when we have ejected them completely from our land. So allow me to reiterate again, they have been beaten as thoroughly and decisively as militarily possible.
Their roots remain in Afghanistan owing to lawlessness and your country's ample support, which is why there are still setbacks but rest assured their capability to act has been severely depleted. There will be further setbacks, but the worst has passed.

Regarding CPEC, it runs through Balochistan, but BLA isn't the only active group in Balochistan. There are others too. Or have you forgotten your 60 police recruits martyred last month?

Al-Alimi is not interested in infrastructure or the like, that's more along the BLA's alley. As I said, you guys want to be experts in Baloch affairs but you really need to freshen up on how the region works, who the actors are and what their stakes are like.

All I can say, interesting times ahead regarding CPEC

We'll also be looking forward to these interesting times.

Sir when I first entered Bajaur back in 2008, I was told to jump off a hovering heli because they couldn't even spare the time of touching down as there were RPGs already flying around like sparrows. I landed in a fort that was the last bastion of Pakistan's sovereignty for an area extending over 1500 sq km. With over 10% of Pakistan's landmass at the time, being in control of the Taliban. From there we have fought for every inch until now when we have ejected them completely from our land. So allow me to reiterate again, they have been beaten as thoroughly and decisively as militarily possible.
Their roots remain in Afghanistan owing to lawlessness and your country's ample support, which is why there are still setbacks but rest assured their capability to act has been severely depleted. There will be further setbacks, but the worst has passed

Its good to know you have firsthand experience. I being an intellectual, all I can say I good job, and well done in terms of your personal combat experience.

But as far as Taliban goes, it might have been pushed back temporarily, and you might have won some battles but the war is far from over.

My response to your battles with Taliban was in reference to your original comparison of the Taliban with the Khalistan movement. Which is comparing apples and oranges. Khalistan has been dead and buried for two decades. No terror attacks. It remains in the hearts and minds of a few poor foolish expatriate Sikhs in Pakistan and Canada, who have no touch with the ground reality in Punjab today, whereas Taliban is still killing Pakistanis in hundreds every year.

Al-Alimi is not interested in infrastructure or the like, that's more along the BLA's alley. As I said, you guys want to be experts in Baloch affairs but you really need to freshen up on how the region works, who the actors are and what their stakes are like.

I'm no expert, I never professed to be one. I have some knowledge, some contacts, some sources, some intelligence. According to my estimates, Balochistan is one of the areas that CPEC is most vulnerable, due to the terrain and the active groups. Why do you think, more groups can't be encouraged once CPEC picks up.

We'll also be looking forward to these interesting times.

Time will tell.

Its good to know you have firsthand experience. I being an intellectual, all I can say I good job, and well done in terms of your personal combat experience.

But as far as Taliban goes, it might have been pushed back temporarily, and you might have won some battles but the war is far from over.

My response to your battles with Taliban was in reference to your original comparison of the Taliban with the Khalistan movement. Which is comparing apples and oranges. Khalistan has been dead and buried for two decades. No terror attacks. It remains in the hearts and minds of a few poor foolish expatriate Sikhs in Pakistan and Canada, who have no touch with the ground reality in Punjab today, whereas Taliban is still killing Pakistanis in hundreds every year.

The point highlighted is where I would like to contest, the Taliban have not been "pushed back temporarily", they have been well and truly uprooted. The physical and social reality of FATA simply cannot furnish the space for them to reinsert themselves as they had after the American invasion. We have not won "some battles", we have won all of them. I'm hoping the ISAF can get their act together in western Afghanistan because as long as the ANA continues to botch it up in that region, the TTP will always have a base to launch isolated attacks from. But the moment that is taken away from them, you will find that this wolf has been declawed and defanged.

As for comparing Khalistan and the TTP, you seem to have completely misread where I was coming from. I was noting their inherent operational capability at their zenith to highlight that the Taliban were a much greater threat than the Sikh movement had ever been.

I'm no expert, I never professed to be one. I have some knowledge, some contacts, some sources, some intelligence. According to my estimates, Balochistan is one of the areas that CPEC is most vulnerable, due to the terrain and the active groups. Why do you think, more groups can't be encouraged once CPEC picks up.

That would depend on how you would define vulnerability. In terms of infrastructure damage, yes the BLA would likely see it as a good opportunity to keep their meek presence alive. However, besides that I see little reason for why Balochistan in particular would be the place where the CPEC would be vulnerable. If we're only assessing security threats, I might feel inclined to note the dacoits in central Sindh who might see the CPEC like snatching lunch money from children. Then there's also the geographical vulnerability of the route, maintaining the road structure in GB is no simple task.

On the contrary the Khalistan movement and it's extermination by the centre, is a constant reminder to Pakistan, how quickly the Indian state can crush any insurgency once it makes up it mind to do so.

Please also note, that the current insurgency in Kashmir, is like a kindergarten picnic compared to the Khalistan insurgency at it's peak. Balochistan on the other hand, I see interesting times ahead especially with the CPEC. :-)

It's been dead for two decades.. This article is about twenty years late..
with all due respect my room mate is balochi and they consider India same as Afghans consider Pakistan
hope you got the Idea
he is here to participate in cricket academy and wishes to be selected for PSL

i live in punjab all i can say is the only thing burning is u r ....... lol u cant even imagine how we punjabis are proud of our country every society has few rejects. most of my friends are sikhs and the ppl u show are very few who were hurt during 1984 sikh riots and few who has sadly lost family members in terrorism era but they are like in 100s or max in 1000s cant even put a percentage on it

lol look at the video apart from 10 -20 ppl in front no one raising slogans u will see it if u want to see it
There's the point sikhs are burning not hindus... So no one would care

APS students massacared by TTP residing in Afghanistan and Police academy attacked by LeJ also residing in Afghanistan
we all know who proudly owned both the attacks it was a defence minister of some country i cant remember name of

Why do you think, more groups can't be encouraged once CPEC picks up
because having conversed with Balochis
they actually consider CPEC to be gods gift

APS students massacared by TTP residing in Afghanistan and Police academy attacked by LeJ also residing in Afghanistan
we all know who proudly owned both the attacks it was a defence minister of some country i cant remember name of

because having conversed with Balochis
they actually consider CPEC to be gods gift
I have to disagree that LeJ is residing in Afghanistan... LeJ is active, and these terrorists are move in large groups from one masjid to another for their "islam ki tabligh" with bori bistra....

Khalistan is very near to IB , only pak have to do is setup no fly zone in that area as khalistan is not part of India, change IB to LOC start pounding BSF post the way we pounding them at loc , start to train our khalistani brothers arm them all , keep dividing endians and keep ruling them as like we had ruled them for 1000 years

There's the point sikhs are burning not hindus... So no one would care
if any 1 can be more stupid in punjab government is of sikhs majority is of sikhs majority of poilice is sikhs and still sikhs are oppressed now how can some1 challenge that stupidity

Khalistan is very near to IB , only pak have to do is setup no fly zone in that area as khalistan is not part of India, change IB to LOC start pounding BSF post the way we pounding them at loc , start to train our khalistani brothers arm them all , keep dividing endians and keep ruling them as like we had ruled them for 1000 years

1. Declare No Fly Zone
2. ????
3. Change to LOC
4. ?????
5. Profit

What an Idea sir ji!

There is declaration and there is enforcement. You will declare No fly zone, but how will you enforce it? You have just 80 or so F-16s. We have 200+ Su 30 MKI. Assuming only 50% readiness with the help from S-300 on ground. Add to that a little bit of artilary support and your No fly zone will not be able to fly. And while you were busy doing all of this on Punjab border, our folks will raise a hell in Gwadar. Attacking it from Kochi.

Funny though Khalistan movement should be in India and not in Canada or United States all the pictures shown are what is happening in the west Sikh community who have forfeited their Indian citizenship.
@United still lives in the paranoia or self created wonderland in which India breaks apart into peaces of countries
I will give you an example. In Indian army the highest enlistment is from Punjab, Haryana and U.P(according to you, from Khalistan) May be they are going for a military coup:lol:

What an idea sirjee!

The point highlighted is where I would like to contest, the Taliban have not been "pushed back temporarily", they have been well and truly uprooted. The physical and social reality of FATA simply cannot furnish the space for them to reinsert themselves as they had after the American invasion. We have not won "some battles", we have won all of them. I'm hoping the ISAF can get their act together in western Afghanistan because as long as the ANA continues to botch it up in that region, the TTP will always have a base to launch isolated attacks from. But the moment that is taken away from them, you will find that this wolf has been declawed and defanged.

As for comparing Khalistan and the TTP, you seem to have completely misread where I was coming from. I was noting their inherent operational capability at their zenith to highlight that the Taliban were a much greater threat than the Sikh movement had ever been.

Again where we differ, and we can keep going around in circles is that when Khalistan insurgents were driven out, a lot of them were given refuge by Pakistan and found shelter there. But that didn't translate into an ability to mount devastating attacks on Indian soil again.

Whereas, until you eradicate the Taliban's ability to mount devastating attacks on Pakistani soil, which so far you haven't, you can't compare your success with the extermination of the Khalistan insurgency.

That would depend on how you would define vulnerability. In terms of infrastructure damage, yes the BLA would likely see it as a good opportunity to keep their meek presence alive. However, besides that I see little reason for why Balochistan in particular would be the place where the CPEC would be vulnerable. If we're only assessing security threats, I might feel inclined to note the dacoits in central Sindh who might see the CPEC like snatching lunch money from children. Then there's also the geographical vulnerability of the route, maintaining the road structure in GB is no simple task.

If you again read my previous post, I wrote Balochistan is one of the most vulnerable areas, I didn't say it's the most vulnerable area, neither did I say it's the only vulnerable area. In fact you have yourself corroborated my statement that interesting times are ahead regarding CPEC. :-)

with all due respect my room mate is balochi and they consider India same as Afghans consider Pakistan
hope you got the Idea
he is here to participate in cricket academy and wishes to be selected for PS

With all due respect, I never said they like India. My statement was based on their dislike of Pakistan.

My condolences again for both the attacks, but the fact remains that, unless the attackers were Hindu extremists, or the attackers originated from Indian soil, you would have to some more soul searching than this.

because having conversed with Balochis they actually consider CPEC to be gods gift

That can't be the overwhelming opinion as that is not logical.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom