What's new

Kashmiri Pandit body demands restoration of Article 370

i am a secular hindu from UP, but i can't bear the plight of kashmiri pandits living in refugee camps of delhi so i wanted repeal of article 370 so all indians can work and live in kashmir without fear .

You do realize that the Kashmiri Pandits could have been resettled and taken care of in various other ways. Years of neglect by all political parties should not be rewarded by screwing up the whole state and its constitutional arrangement with India.

i am a secular hindu from UP, but i can't bear the plight of kashmiri pandits living in refugee camps of delhi so i wanted repeal of article 370 so all indians can work and live in kashmir without fear .

Could we partially disagree? I agree wholly with your views on the Pandit refugees, and if there is something I can help you do, I will be glad to.

I don't think much of the BJP solution to the problem, that never addressed the problem, but addressed their Muslim-hating constituency instead.

You do realize that the Kashmiri Pandits could have been resettled and taken care of in various other ways. Years of neglect by all political parties should not be rewarded by screwing up the whole state and its constitutional arrangement with India.

Exactly.

The two are NOT connected. And there is no effort to use that 'abrogation' to do anything useful.

Who is asking them to sit in refugee camps? Why can't they work and live like rest of the people in Delhi?

How does repealing 370 in Kashmir help pandit hindus living in Delhi?

However, I do believe that the Hurriyat, should have fought elections in Kashmir (kind of like how the Sinn Fein in Ireland, Parti Quebecois in Canada, and Scottish National Party in Scotland) and established a political cause for a referendum.

I totally agree. If they had a point to make, they should have made it at the hustings. Whether that would have legitimised by the ballot is another question; the example of the BJP, doing one marginally legal thing after another, comes to mind.

resettled where?

abrogation of 370 hasn't delivered yet.
The Issue was and is still unresolved which is Indians being refugees in their own country the Kashmiri Pandits.. who are yet to be brought back home.
The truth is guns speak louder than the pen, Ink is still fresh the abrogation of 370 hasn't delivered justice to the kashmiri pandits yet.
Any claims to the contrary are nothing more than efforts to sugar coat fascism

Here is a consistent and coherent view.

The organisation called Reconciliation, Relief and Rehabilitation is unheard of and definitely do not represent all of Kashmiri Pandits

And here is another, flatly at cross purposes, if not directly contradictory, to the first.

There is a lot to be said about this. If you start a different thread, I would like to discuss this with you.
Too lazy to open a whole thread on it, it'd require a bit (lot) more research on stuff I can just pull out of my pocket on call.

Do happen to know a couple genuine stakeholders in the whole drama. Was kinda surprised by how genuinely sanguine they were after this originally went down, and they remain so today .. yep, they really do.

those guys... "sabka malik ek" philosophy. :lol:

why ?

because India has been so nice to them (or maybe they were just born into privilege)

anyway, may they make their untold number of millions, invest it back home, and lift everybody else up in their state too.

1. is security, we can't have separatists putting a gun to an apple farmer who the government is trying to help anymore.

2. let those sweet investor cash flows begin

they're going to have it so good in the future, foresee a most enviable coming days (acche din) for them.

I know of many who have climbed out of their squalor and misery. How are things now?

i saw them only twice then when i was in ghaziabad , i don't know what happened to their refugee camps , i was transferred from western UP to east UP in 2003 .

Last edited:
Wherever they desire. If it is back to the valley, then the government should ensure that happens.

No way. The only way they can return to valley is by embracing Islam.

Why can't they go to Rajasthan. Huge land with less population.

upload_2020-7-29_15-38-26.png

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom