What's new

Kashmiri Pandit body demands restoration of Article 370

Was there ever truly going to be a plebiscite there, spl after both sides got the bomb ?

what is your solution, how would you have done it if you were PM or in power ?

the status quo was helping nobody, and hurting the Kashmiris (on our side) the most.

the regulatory legal hurdles being removed now, much of them.. we can have some forward movement now.

hoping for good things.

how would you have handled it ?

what good was the status quo ?

My thoughts have varied and evolved over the years. The India of today is not the India of 20 or 30 years ago. It is difficult to propose a coherent answer on the fly.

However, I do believe that the Hurriyat, should have fought elections in Kashmir (kind of like how the Sinn Fein in Ireland, Parti Quebecois in Canada, and Scottish National Party in Scotland) and established a political cause for a referendum. I know India would have subverted their electoral attempts (as they did in 1987 with the MUF), so this is more a wishful thought from my side.

believe me sir
i have seen by my own eyes in my own apartment complexes in ghaziabad UP, many girls of hardly ten years old begging for chanda for their refugee camps established in tis hazari maidan in delhi . their ladies used to come up to ghaziabad offices for contribution from govt officers which is bordering town of delhi and UP.

I am really sorry to hear that. You seem to have seen them at their most vulnerable. Let me look around to see if I can find people who can help out. Thank you for your post.

security issues and related regulation hurdles.

this integration with the broader/universal Indian system system helps ease out at least some of it.

another small step in the right direction

Kashmiris will reap the benefits if things go to plan.

There is a lot to be said about this. If you start a different thread, I would like to discuss this with you.

@Joe Shearer ; @xeuss ; @Crixus

I don't know much about internal arrangements and politics in Jammu & Kashmir. However, I do know that their autonomous status was enshrined in the constitution.

If so, there must have been a very strong historical, cultural, political and strategic reason(s) for it.
Indian political leaders since 1947 (or even before) up till recently had a very deep understanding of the issues that could emanate from their actions.

Events since August 2019, as they have unfolded, are a testament to their acumen.

Scrapping of Article 370 was a long standing demand from the Hindu Right Wing. It was nothing more than cutting another of the perceived benefits that Kashmiri Muslims enjoyed. Any claims to the contrary are nothing more than efforts to sugar coat fascism.

Can you list the benefits ........
Scrapping of Article 370 was a long standing demand from the Hindu Right Wing. It was nothing more than cutting another of the perceived benefits that Kashmiri Muslims enjoyed. Any claims to the contrary are nothing more than efforts to sugar coat fascism.

Those 7 million are a part of 1.3 billion, and as I said I have every right to decide faith of my country as an Individual.

You have no right to decide anyone's faith.

This is only your thinking, not declared unconstitutional by any constitutional body of my country.

Read every legal authority you can lay your hands on.

Then read the Supreme Court judgements on the same subject. It exists in print.

My thoughts have varied and evolved over the years. The India of today is not the India of 20 or 30 years ago. It is difficult to propose a coherent answer on the fly.

However, I do believe that the Hurriyat, should have fought elections in Kashmir (kind of like how the Sinn Fein in Ireland, Parti Quebecois in Canada, and Scottish National Party in Scotland) and established a political cause for a referendum. I know India would have subverted their electoral attempts (as they did in 1987 with the MUF), so this is more a wishful thought from my side.
It's sure not an easy one to come up with a solution on the fly for.. our Kashmir conundrum

why the hell as an Indian are you advocating for separatism ?

why not just be like the rest, Keral, Tamil Naad.. the Modi hating problem children of the BJP :D

"beef" "communism" "language imposition" and all other wedge issues can continue as they do for Kashmir too, just like they do in the rest of the union.. why not that ?

assimilation, integration, investment, infrastructure, security.. good things.

ignored first part of your post... :tsk:

i am a secular hindu from UP, but i can't bear the plight of kashmiri pandits living in refugee camps of delhi so i wanted repeal of article 370 so all indians can work and live in kashmir without fear .

abrogation of 370 hasn't delivered yet.
The Issue was and is still unresolved which is Indians being refugees in their own country the Kashmiri Pandits.. who are yet to be brought back home.
The truth is guns speak louder than the pen, Ink is still fresh the abrogation of 370 hasn't delivered justice to the kashmiri pandits yet.
Any claims to the contrary are nothing more than efforts to sugar coat fascism
The organisation called Reconciliation, Relief and Rehabilitation is unheard of and definitely do not represent all of Kashmiri Pandits

It's sure not an easy one to come up with a solution on the fly for.. our Kashmir conundrum

why not just be like the rest, Keral, Tamil Naad.. the Modi hating problem children of the BJP :D

"beef" "communism" "language imposition" and all other wedge issues can continue as they do for Kashmir too, just like they do in the rest of the union.. why not that ?

Well Kashmir is a different situation. Politics of Kashmir in intertwined with the politics of separatism. You just cannot ignore that elephant in the room. So what I was merely proposing is that one element of Kashmiri politics, that is separatism, also have a place at the electoral table.

I really do like how Scotland and Quebec have handled their politics of separatism. I do think that is how modern societies should handle such issues.

The other states you mention, have no desire to separate from India. So their politics is different.

The solution is to carve out new Pakistans out of India.

I think you need to read the positive side of his post. I am not sure he is advocating separatism; of course, I am biased, in his favour, but what you say is I think sufficient. Kerala, or Keral, as north Indians call it, Tamil Nadu (or whatever), Bengal.....those are good enough examples, although the BJP keeps striving to overthrow them.

Perhaps a closer look after a short break....?:D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom