What's new

Karachi PTI Jalsa - Live debate and streaming!

This jalsa like every all other previous gatherings was nothing but a gathering of people who only *shout* for change and practically do nothing except for stealing chairs in the end. He needs to take lessons from anna hazare, his peaceful hunger strike against corruption with a few thousand supporters forced congress to table lokpal bill. If Imran talks about change then he must work hard, do something effective. Jalsas are only a show of strength and are doing no good to Pakistan at this time. Most of the people who attended his jalsa would be sleeping on the Election Day.He has failed to act any different from the likes of ppp or pml. How can he talk about change if he is shaking hands with *shah mehmoods* , feudals and and same old tried tested people. People need to realize that he is no different from myriad political parties fooling people.

Educating masses would take time, and in present circumstances we cannot afford letting Imran khans and zardaris govern Pakistan. Its not about ego, personal gains or taking sides, its about this country, what you do, indirectly affects me too. Lets educate our people and then talk about democracy, otherwise we are only talking about bhooka nanga Pakistan, a naked Imran khan and DEMO-CRISIS.

com'n man you have screwed up expres tribune as well :agree:

Just look at the opinions of jealous MPA of other political parties.... Karachis have shown there number power again.... CONGRATS... more then 1 million civilians sing national anthem in front of Mazar-e-Qaid..:tup:

More Than 5 Lac People's Attending PTI Jalsa in Karachi ...!!!Source BBC News.
More Than 1 million People's Attending PTI Jalsa in Karachi ...!!!Source PTI Officials
More Than 8 Lac People's Attending PTI Jalsa in Karachi ...!!!Source CNN
More Than 9 Lac People's Attending PTI Jalsa in Karachi ...!!!Source Aljazeera

I know it was a really good gathering, but can you gimme the url for the sources where they gave these fig plz

bcoz as per BBC Urdu " کراچی میں بی بی سی کے نامہ نگار کے مطابق جلسے میں بڑی تعداد میں لوگ اپنے اہلِخانہ کے ہمراہ جلسے میں شریک ہوئے ہیں۔"
no fig is given...

The PTI official songs were really nice to hear BTW.

The part where IK said that he is very thankful to Zulfiqar Ali, did anybody hear it?

The guy sold his phone to travel from DI Khan i think.

Lets not get carried away, final estimates for the crowd according to special branch - is 250,000 plus Lets not over exaggerate in our enthusiasm.

IK is a political authority and a brand now.
he should be careful who he is letting into PTI.
Things have chanves for him within weeks.
Before lahore jalsa we were saying that he needs big names in his party.
But now he himself is the big name and shouldng tarnish his name by acceting all those oppertunists coming towards him....this latest edition wasnt a clever choice....but lets see....IK is no idiot.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

many thanks lovicon for keeping us posted.

“When I saw Tsunami in Lahore, I thought to myself it will be very difficult to top this. But today, I congratulate the people of Karachi, because they beat the [October 30] rally,” Imran said. He chanted the names of all of Pakistan’s major ethnicities as people from those groups responded. Mentioning religious minorities, he wished a merry Christmas to the Christians of Pakistan.

The PTI Chairman said a special welcome to a man he introduced as Zulfiqar Ali who had come all the way from Dera Ghazi Khan to attend the rally. “He financed his trip by selling his mobile phone!”

“I welcome Javed Hashmi to PTI. The one thing I truly admire about him is his bravery. I welcome Shah Mahmood Qureshi again,” he said. He then made the announcement that former foreign minister Sardar Asif Ali has said that he will be joining the PTI.

“The Quaid wanted Pakistan to be an Islamic welfare state, and I will make it into one,” Khan said. He said that it was at the age of 18 when he first went to Britain and understood what a welfare state is.

“I was surprised to see that every person, rich or poor, was given a free education that would enable him or her to even become the prime minister of Britain,” he said. “This is my dream: A Pakistan where every human being is valued.”

“The first thing we want to create is a just legal system in the country. We want courts that do not discriminate. We will take justice to the grassroots, to the rural areas and include everyone in the system,” Imran said. “We will provide everyone justice for free.”

“This is my promise to you: I will bring forth for you a team the likes of which this country has never seen,” Imran said. “What will this team do? Under Jahangir Tarin, this team will present policy papers on every issue twice a month. We will present policies on agriculture, transport, local government, and foreign affairs. We will present to you how Pakistan will become an independent nation.”

And most importantly, PTI will present a tax plan that will ensure that this country never has to beg for money from anybody, he said. “We will create a police force independent of political influence, based purely on merit. When I am in government, one day they will even stop Imran Khan’s own car for over speeding.”

Announcing his support for Balochistan, he said that the next stop of his ‘tsunami’ will be Quetta on March 23, 2012. “My Balochi brothers, I ask you for forgiveness on behalf of Pakistanis. We have been unjust to you. We did to you what we did to East Pakistanis. We have kept you as a colony.”

When PTI is in power, we will use the model of West and East Germany, he said. “West Germany gave East Germany special status and diverted all development to thast area. We will develop Balochistan. We will come to you, embrace you, ask for your forgiveness, and address all your grievances,” he said.

The PTI Chairman did not raise criticism against the MQM in his speech.

End of live updates :D

This is my promise to you: I will bring forth for you a team the likes of which this country has never seen,” Imran said. “What will this team do? Under Jahangir Tarin, this team will present policy papers on every issue twice a month. We will present policies on agriculture, transport, local government, and foreign affairs. We will present to you how Pakistan will become an independent nation.”

Mods create a new sticky :D

400625_10150450850429527_151626539526_8460793_219569196_n.jpg

397480_10150450851004527_151626539526_8460797_1707858969_n.jpg

392653_10150450851519527_151626539526_8460801_161469829_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom