What's new

ISSB repeaters.....

nolimits1

New Recruit

Reaction score
When i recieved my "Not Recommended" letter it came as no surprise. I was very foolish in my GTO test's and the same can be said for my interview. I applied for the 127 PMA L/C.

First of all i have been a book worm all my life and hence after 5 attempts i climbed a 6 foot tall plank, shakily stood straight on it and leaped a few feet to cross the finish line. My group had lost all confidence in me and every commander would say: "Chest number 8, aap nahin kar sakte, waapis aajaein" and my reply would always be, "COMMANDER I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT!". They were treating me like another inanimate object.

In my interview i was razor sharp honest. I DID say that i would be highly obliged if we had a little hot running water. I DID admit that i am afraid of heights because i have NEVER climbed a tall ladder! Also i honestly informed the interviewer about my ex-gf, my habit of not offering prayers regularly. But in the end atleast i told him, "Sir, i am afraid of heights and i dont want to be a burden on the army. I wish to return after 6 months eliminating this fear and increasing my agility considerably". At this point he said to me, "Dont lose hope, you are recommended uptil now. However we will evaluate your performance in the Individual Obstacles tomorrow. Make your maximum effort".

Its the IO's. I am standing infront of the GTO. The whistle goes off and i make a dash towards the monkey bridge. As i cautiously step on to the rope, i am shaking from head to toe. The whistle goes off again..............i reach the vertical rope but am too scared to climb down it. I honestly tell the GTO: Sir i am sorry but i am afraid.

YES, i am ashamed of my Zero Obstacle drama but atleast i have a clean conscience that i was true to myself. Now i am trying to improve my physique by running 5 kilometers everyday and light bodybuilding. I'll give it another shot 6 months later. Won't lose hope, won't give up.........

P.S. It was fun spotting the 'jasoos-es' :) 4 memorable days...

hmm.dont lose hope man...practice make man perfect...i am also going for 127 lc but my issb is not come yet...i am also repeater of TCC course..

You asked a question on my wall and here's a quick answer;

Start from a little jogging gradually making your way to proper running. make sure to warm up before the run. Measured runs would yield best results. If you are very weak in running you may start from a 500meter run or a 1km run would do. Make sure to do 20-30 push ups after you finish your running, ofcourse this would be done after you have regained your breath. If you are planning to follow a tough routine in running then you have to take a day off alternatively, if not then you can go out daily. Try a few reach ups also. Do situps on daily basis.

I think its always better to join some ISSB courses to get an ideas about challenges you would have to face there and how you can complete these tasks more efficiently :)

@nolimits: well tht is some honesty u have shown there,,i pray to god for ur success :)

When i recieved my "Not Recommended" letter it came as no surprise. I was very foolish in my GTO test's and the same can be said for my interview. I applied for the 127 PMA L/C.

First of all i have been a book worm all my life and hence after 5 attempts i climbed a 6 foot tall plank, shakily stood straight on it and leaped a few feet to cross the finish line. My group had lost all confidence in me and every commander would say: "Chest number 8, aap nahin kar sakte, waapis aajaein" and my reply would always be, "COMMANDER I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT!". They were treating me like another inanimate object.

In my interview i was razor sharp honest. I DID say that i would be highly obliged if we had a little hot running water. I DID admit that i am afraid of heights because i have NEVER climbed a tall ladder! Also i honestly informed the interviewer about my ex-gf, my habit of not offering prayers regularly. But in the end atleast i told him, "Sir, i am afraid of heights and i dont want to be a burden on the army. I wish to return after 6 months eliminating this fear and increasing my agility considerably". At this point he said to me, "Dont lose hope, you are recommended uptil now. However we will evaluate your performance in the Individual Obstacles tomorrow. Make your maximum effort".

Its the IO's. I am standing infront of the GTO. The whistle goes off and i make a dash towards the monkey bridge. As i cautiously step on to the rope, i am shaking from head to toe. The whistle goes off again..............i reach the vertical rope but am too scared to climb down it. I honestly tell the GTO: Sir i am sorry but i am afraid.

YES, i am ashamed of my Zero Obstacle drama but atleast i have a clean conscience that i was true to myself. Now i am trying to improve my physique by running 5 kilometers everyday and light bodybuilding. I'll give it another shot 6 months later. Won't lose hope, won't give up.........

P.S. It was fun spotting the 'jasoos-es' :) 4 memorable days...
Boy o boy don't worry things like this happens even in academy. First u should have good BMI. Second u know obstacles now, make them in any park and have practice on them. And do not fear of defeats, they are a step towards success.

Salam all! I've a question I wanted to ask regarding the medical tests.... What is knee knocking and how do I know that I actually have it?
Thnx

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom