What's new

Is Bangladesh going for JF-17?

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Today a think tank member at a sister forum indicated that BAF may select JF-17 as its future fighter......just curious to know has there been some sniff about this in BD?.........

This has been long discussed. There is a high chance for Bangladesh to go for JF 17, when the gov starts to moderinse the air force. We are probably getting it from the chinese

We are certainly going for J-10 from China . the previous govt had ink a deal of 1.5 billion dollar for 36 aircraft but whether we will buy JF-17 too with it is unclear :yahoo:

We are certainly going for J-10 from China . the previous govt had ink a deal of 1.5 billion dollar for 36 aircraft but whether we will buy JF-17 too with it is unclear :yahoo:

Can you give me the link pls, iwould like to read up on it:) .

We will definitely Buy JF-17 in future.......

It is our only cost effective option.......

Our govt is delaying as they do not want to buy new planes right now..

They are trying to build SAM defense system first as a defensive measure.

But sooner or later surely we will buy FC-1!

Is it possible to transfer technology like Egypt??

I think they already have MIg29 so JFT would be a better choice as both use the same engine, and that means they already have some know how about the most important part. also it will be much easy for them to induct in large numbers and retire all other types, Good for maintenance and training if you have a single platform.

bangladesh should go for hal tejas if they really want a cost effective and deadly fighter!!!!:yahoo:

bangladesh should go for hal tejas if they really want a cost effective and deadly fighter!!!!:yahoo:

Let us get it for Indian Airforce first and then think about Bangladesh. If the news is true, well done Bangladesh. Hope we have a few combined Air exercises over Bay of Bengal :)

We will definitely Buy JF-17 in future.......

It is our only cost effective option.......

Our govt is delaying as they do not want to buy new planes right now..

They are trying to build SAM defense system first as a defensive measure.

But sooner or later surely we will buy FC-1!

Is it possible to transfer technology like Egypt??
I think that would depend upon quantum of order or prospect. If only a limited induction is sought, it would only increase costs to set up huge manufacturing infrastructure. But if it does go for something in numbers, then i personally dont think there will be any issues at Pak-China side.

hmmm good & Pakistan should help them in building their army & defence...

Back
Top Bottom