What's new

Advantages of JF-17/FC-1 in BAF versus other Aircrafts

70% includes? PAC kamra still doesn't manufacture the wing assemblies, fusealage, Tail piece, The airframe is assembled from the CKD kits from CAC, in PAC kamra, and PAC holds the rights to "Manufacture" 58% of the "airframe" according to PAC kamra which it will gain in coming years.

PAC kamra does have Hydraulics fittings, cable, struts and fastner infrastructure to suggest manufacture of hydraulic actuaters for the aircraft but doesn't feature in it's website suggesting it is still imported from CAC.

Avionics - most of the avionics (mission computer, KLJ-7, IFF, RWR,) is being produced in PAC avionics complex, but there is no data available to suggest how much of that is assembled from imported sub assemblies. This content even if considered 100% manufactured in PAC doesn't contribute to even 25% of the total system architecture.

Nose Landing gear and Main landing gear for the FC1 is also imported as ckd kits and assembled in the PAC Kamra.

A2a munitions for the system, A2G munitions, the chaff dispenser and the canopy for the aircraft is also imported as completely built systems from CAC.

In essence jf17 is 100% completely built in PAC Kamra........ Percentage Manufactured? is another story! Any information to suggest otherwise will be highly appreciated.

Testing to real conditions, OEM specs and ground radars after 6 min mark. Nevertheless even under the assumption that PAC makes 100% of the avionics, I highly doubt it contributes to 70% mark of the total product without the aforementioned sub-systems as per your claim.

Testing to real conditions, OEM specs and ground radars after 6 min mark. Nevertheless even under the assumption that PAC makes 100% of the avionics, I highly doubt it contributes to 70% mark of the total product without the aforementioned sub-systems as per your claim.

i meant the first video, aircraft manufacturing factory

it would be reasonable to assume that pak makes a good % of avionics and airfame but 100%? no way! even if the airframe and avionics are made totally inhouse, the engine, be it RD or WS, still comes from abroad, videos were to clarify that major part of airframe is made in KAMRA and including wings, fuselage, rudder and tail etc.

OTH, KAMRA has been making K-8 fuselage, rudder, wings and tail since 1990.

Last edited:
i meant the first video, aircraft manufacturing factory

it would be reasonable to assume that pak makes a good % of avionics and airfame but 100%? no way! even if the airframe and avionics are made totally inhouse, the engine, be it RD or WS, still comes from abroad, videos were to clarify that major part of airframe is made in KAMRA and including wings, fuselage, rudder and tail etc.

OTH, KAMRA has been making K-8 fuselage, rudder, wings and tail since 1990.
Actually I saw the video quite carefully post 6 min mark for the first video and it suggests the same thing as I said that, (wing section both skin, and stamped panels) tail section, Nose cone, and the Fuselage are assembled by riveting. Smaller structural equipment like panel webbing,face plates for hydraulics are shown being manufactured, trust me if PAC was manufacturing the wing they would have shown it instead to instron universal testers and rubber gaskets.

Now again my question what is the 70% figure that you had mentioned earlier based on. Even assuming 100%avionics being made in house, the total manufacturing contribution of PAC comes to about 25% or less for the aircraft (imo)... which will eventually grow to 58% of airframe manufacturing in coming years. Rest of the subsystems might got upto 100%, but there s no indication currently to support any firm claims other than educated guesses.

Actually I saw the video quite carefully post 6 min mark for the first video and it suggests the same thing as I said that, (wing section both skin, and stamped panels) tail section, Nose cone, and the Fuselage are assembled by riveting. Smaller structural equipment like panel webbing,face plates for hydraulics are shown being manufactured, trust me if PAC was manufacturing the wing they would have shown it instead to instron universal testers and rubber gaskets.

Now again my question what is the 70% figure that you had mentioned earlier based on. Even assuming 100%avionics being made in house, the total manufacturing contribution of PAC comes to about 25% or less for the aircraft (imo)... which will eventually grow to 58% of airframe manufacturing in coming years. Rest of the subsystems might got upto 100%, but there s no indication currently to support any firm claims other than educated guesses.

60-70% is the figure repeatedly given by many, google it if you like to. Recently, its fuselages are not coming from China anymore, being made at KAMRA.

Back
Top Bottom