What's new

Advantages of JF-17/FC-1 in BAF versus other Aircrafts

Does it matter....if Bangladesh doesn't want Pakistan to get a share you can opt for other Chinese fighters like J-10. Also it is a fact that China themselves haven't inducted the J-17 into the PLAAF...must be some reason.
Have problem with engine. Russia might not give permission to re-export their engine to us. They will see us as MIG customer.

But if our AF want to go with Jf-17/FC-1 then we can buy and install Eurojet EJ-200 in place of RD-93. USA have some good engine choice for J-10, but americans are too much.

JF-17 would be a waste of money as it could not reliably shoot down SU-30MKI and Rafale.

BD should only go for J-10B/C if the Chinese are willing to give the plane to BD - something that seems extremely unlikely at this moment in time.
J-10 platform is my first choice too:smitten:.

Last edited:
Did you get the profit for MBT-2000??

pakistan hold 58% of the project. Whatever aircraft is sold, we get our share from it. MBT2000 was a different story, Chinese were selling, we got them under joint contract at IDEAS 2012. Just business nothing else.

Have problem with engine. Russia might not give permission to re-export their engine to us. They will see us as MIG customer.

But if our AF want to go with Jf-17/FC-1 then we can buy and install Eurojet EJ-200 in place of RD-93. USA have some good engine choice for J-10, but they are too much.

J-10 platform is my first choice too:smitten:.

Recent events have stirred things a little, with current BD political regime incharge, good luck with that ;)

IMO the 50% share of Pakistan includes mostly the labor and production cost i.e it is produced in Pakistan. And my understanding is that all manufacturing facilities of jf-17 are in Pakistan. It's a joint venture so the production of the aircraft in Pakistan is a given. Correct me if I am wrong.

IMO the 50% share of Pakistan includes mostly the labor and production cost i.e it is produced in Pakistan. And my understanding is that all manufacturing facilities of jf-17 are in Pakistan. It's a joint venture so the production of the aircraft in Pakistan is a given. Correct me if I am wrong.
58% rights for aircraft's airframe according to PAC Kamra's website...

70% manufacturing is going on at Kamra, excluding the engine which comes from China stocks bought from Russia. CAC has transferred most of JFT manufacturing to us. They have their hands full with other projects already. The facility is called Thunder city.

70% manufacturing is going on at Kamra, excluding the engine which comes from China stocks bought from Russia. CAC has transferred most of JFT manufacturing to us. They have their hands full with other projects already. The facility is called Thunder city.
hmm, then what about FC-1? And what if we want to buy a large amount of jf-17/fc-1 with ToT? I am curious.

hmm, then what about FC-1? And what if we want to buy a large amount of jf-17/fc-1 with ToT? I am curious.
Buy from the shelf yes. TOT shall get approval from Pakistan. I personally want the friendship from BD for sure, but politics make it more complex. We three parties could sit and talk for the proposal.

How do Pakistan members perceive the feasibility of selling JF17 to BD air force?

Last edited:
Or it is better to wait for sometime and get 10 squadrons of J-31.

Right now, there is no point even talking or even thinking about Bangladesh. They are burning our flags, banning our TV channels.

Even if that was not the case, the Bangladesh military has close cooperation with the Indians which would mean Indian can have a closer look at our aircraft.

JF 17 is powered by Russian aircraft engine-therefore it is good for Banladesh to purchase Russian Aircraft.Also Russsia has great influence over India, as Indian defence inventory is 70% Russian,

JF 17 is powered by Russian aircraft engine-therefore it is good for Banladesh to purchase Russian Aircraft.Also Russsia has great influence over India, as Indian defence inventory is 70% Russian,
Chinese option is better for us:yes4:. And about engine problem, we can fix it by installing Eurojet EJ-200 in place of Russian RD-93:smart:.

Right now, there is no point even talking or even thinking about Bangladesh. They are burning our flags, banning our TV channels.

Even if that was not the case, the Bangladesh military has close cooperation with the Indians which would mean Indian can have a closer look at our aircraft.
We are not going for JF-17/FC-1 until current political problem get fixed. And JF-17/FC-1 is not that sophisticated.:laugh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom