What's new

Is Bangladesh going for JF-17?

K8 also called JV but please tell us how many Pakistan built K8 you export to other countries ???

China made JF17 for Pakistan and for other counties they will produce all Aircraft in their own country.
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex
Like i said it before, the sale made by either side helps both...

don't belive on rumors

for now it isn't confirmed, it's just speculating as all...

BD need to modernize their airforce, more BVR capable fighters, with no strings attached and also needs to be cost effective.
JF-17/FC-1 ticks all the boxes.

It is their best option, not in terms of being the best fighter they can possibly get, but the best deal for them.

Seem like Indians are more worried about the situation.China will Not ask Pakistan before selling JF17 , Pakistan dont have money , Pakistan this , China that ,
Pakistan is failed state , China is nothing infront of India......................

Come on be positive in your discussion.

Valid points and discussion is Good . but whenever there is thread about Pakistan China , Indians try there best to ruin it.

On Topic.

I think it will not be JF17 it will be FC-1 the export model .as JF17 is specifically made for Pakistan looking to its need and what PAF wanted in that plane. It never wants that people know the real potential of JF17.As giving surprises to your beloved enemies is the one of the factor in decided the end result.

No offense to BD brothers but imo i dont think we should sell JF-17 to BD. Of course China's decision will also matter in this however the reason i am saying this is because the current government in BD is too much in the Indian camp. And while we hear all the time about JF-17 being nothing more then a Mig-21, India would not mind sneak peaking around or even test it against their birds. So hell no.

If there is a sale to BD, the platform will be customized platform like J-7BG which was based on J-7PG but customized for BD requirement. Secondly it would also be important that BD goes for which configuration as different price ranges were qouted by one insider for different roles i.e. pure airsuperiority to full multirole. Thirdly, there will be some understanding whether to use the aircraft in certain cases like Pakistan did not use F-16s in excercises with PLAAF. similarly, PAF may not use its frontline Chinese platforms (may be FC-20) in NATO held excercises. Its an understanding, else there wont be any issues on either side even if these platforms are used in joint excercises with IAF, capabilities will be different

exactly.... check out the following thread!

Bangladesh carefully Kept her Chinese ships/frigates out of America's reach... they used British and korean ships only in the exercise.....

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/129794-joint-exercise-bangladesh-us-navy-sept-18-25-a.html

No offense to BD brothers but imo i dont think we should sell JF-17 to BD. Of course China's decision will also matter in this however the reason i am saying this is because the current government in BD is too much in the Indian camp. And while we hear all the time about JF-17 being nothing more then a Mig-21, India would not mind sneak peaking around or even test it against their birds. So hell no.

I understand...

Don't sell anything during this regime...

Even Bangladeshis don't trust present Govt regarding India.

Wait until we come with a large order under Zia's Banner!!

:coffee:

What profit you got in sale of K8 to other countries ??? Nothing

Like I said before China made JF17 for Pakistan only cause Pakistan want 250 planes and for other countries China not allow Pakistan to share its profit
I am often surprised how do you make such things up, even yesterday you made a lot of things out of air, just like you are now. you always come up with assumptions of yours and try to counter argue with even more assumptive things. There are active threads of K-8 and JFT info pool. I would suggest you throughly go through them before posting anything with nothing but assumptions backing them up.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

I understand...

Don't sell anything during this regime...

Even Bangladeshis don't trust present Govt regarding India.

Wait until we come with a large order under Zia's Banner!!

:coffee:
I dont think there would be an issue, a deal would always be inked after carefully considering all the things. And like I said, JF-1&/FC-1 BG would have specifications customized for BD. Except from Airframe, a lot of other things would be much more different.

don't belive on rumors

well yes Bangladesh have not placed any confirmed contract for FC-1.

now let me tell you recent plan of BAF.

1) they are building a new air base in Coxs Bazar to counter Myanmar......

2) Hasina announced her Govt is going to buy more F-7BG for this new Base...

3) But F7BG is out of Production.

4) Chin offered FC-1 in place of F-7 BG.

5) BAF liked it.

6) But no order yet.

So i can assure you if BAF orders new aircraft it will be FC-1.

Obviously they will go for J-10.

But not before FC-1.

You expect China to really ask for Pakistan's nod!!!!!
Besides China will sell JF17 or its chinese version. In this way they can profit without sharing!!!!!!

Please dont post if you dont have any knowledge of the topic being discussed.

There were reports years earlier that Bangladesh might go for F-18s, it was reported in several newspapers also. But it turned out to be rumor later.

The JF-17 and the J-10B are very possible in BAF service. Leonblack (a very reliable user with credible sources) once mentioned that BAF won't procure any new aircraft before 2021.

Right now, our navy is the focus. Then air force. So, one at a time.

bangladesh should go for hal tejas if they really want a cost effective and deadly fighter!!!!:yahoo:

The Tejas is not yet in service with IAF or IN itself. How on earth would you export them?

Migs are costly to maintain and fly. our air force ordered 16 of them at first but they cancelled the order after reciving 8, due to their high cost of upkeep. Sukhoi will be a much better alternative. I personaly prefer su 27 and su 30

The SU-27/SU-30 are a heavier class of fighters. MiG-29s are lighter. So, the former are more costly to maintain.

A comparable F-15 Eagle (heavy) can potentially be even more expensive to maintain, but more sophisticated with an almost flawless track record. And has great potential for additional technology development.

There were reports years earlier that Bangladesh might go for F-18s, it was reported in several newspapers also. But it turned out to be rumor later.

That was nothing. Just some BAF pilots went for a joy ride on USN F-18s, like how the PAF pilots checked out PLAAF Flankers.

Back
Top Bottom